Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I've mentioned it on some other threads. I think the following route would be massively entertaining and cool:

Jericho 'trolled' us for weeks after his initial return last year, not saying a word and leaving the crowd with nothing. Fandango has been doing the same thing, not giving us anything by refusing to fight. It would be awesome if at Wrestlemania, Johnny Curtis 'Jeritrolls' everyone and shows up as Johnny Curtis, and NOT as Fandango. Kind of to say, "I wanted to get your attention Chris Jericho, and what better way to give you a taste of your own medicine?"

Just wishful thinking probably. Of all the oddball gimmicks to crawl away from (Funkasaurus, Cheerleader, etc), this ballroom dancer bit is going to be brutal for him. The sooner it is dropped, the better for his career long-term. IMO. At the end of the day, just can't believe this is the best usage of Y2J at Mania.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    The whole idea of Jericho's return is to put over the future and this would be massive for the Fandango character.
    This.

>Part timers need to be putting over the younger stars.

>>Starts putting over talent

>>>Complaints shift to WHO is getting put over.

He's already put over Ziggler(A popular choice by the IWC standards), by letting Ziggler 'cost' him his contract after Summerslam. Why not the guy who they can use to play up Jericho's dancing with the stars stint? I think it's a much better choice than putting over Ziggler again.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Fandango hasn't earned it, but Johnny Curtis has.

If he beats Jericho at Mania in his Debut match, then well he will be an instant success.

i'm sure jericho could have said no to the feud. so it looks like he wants to do it so i dare care.

there is a thread on this, but on topic, i dont like fandangos gimmick, i think this spot should be for someone more worthy , im not against jericho putting over young stars, but not any new guy dressed as a ballroom dancer

I do like fandango's gimmick. however i dont think he deserves to go over Jericho so soon after debuting. I think it should go to someone like Barrett who WWE is quite high on and probably will be a star of the future, he's also been around for a few years and been on the fringes of the main event a couple of times. This could give him a nice rub to move on up. They also could have played up on Jericho being his mentor on NXT and all that.

Cesaro is another i think who would deserve it, imo one of the more entertaining superstars on the roster. If he's not a world champion in the next couple of years then something is majorly wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post

If he beats Jericho at Mania in his Debut match, then well he will be an instant success.
    I think an instant success might be a bit of a stretch. Fact is, we havent seen fandango compete yet. He could be god awful. I know we've seen johnny curtis but you have to think that fandango is going to incorporate dancing into his move set. It may turn out that not only does the gimmick suck but he may suck at playing it. I see it this way, win or lose, if fandango steps up and puts on a great match, which shouldnt be hard because he has jericho to make him look like a star, then he could go places. That is, if creative book him in consistently entertaining feuds and elevate him up the hiarchy ladder. But he could go into this match, win, look wretched and be labeled as a dud that gets buried. Its happened before and the fact that its going down at mania is gonna put him under a huge microscope.i bet hes nervous as hell lol. Still i think his spot should go to a proven superstar thats been working their ass off all year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post

Please tell me what Johnny Curtis has done to deserve a Wrestlemania match against someone like Chris Jericho?

I like Johnny Curtis as much as the next guy, I think he has potential. But he hasn't done anything in WWE to deserve a match at the biggest wrestling ppv in the world against a man that many consider to be one of the best ever.
    And yes, Jericho might have agreed to this, but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's a waste of a Wrestlemania match. Think about it, how many more Wrestlemania matches has Jericho got left? 5 perhaps? To me, this is a waste of one. I'd rather see him putting people who have main event potential. People like Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, hell even Ryback. Yes, I think the rumored Ryback vs Chris Jericho would have been a better option than this.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    This could be said to be WWE giving Curtis a break, due to the fact that he won Nxt a few years back, and got his debut a year or two later, and against Henry, who was in his prime. Its also nice to see some new talent, bad gimmick or not, i hated Fandango a few weeks ago, but now, i don't know, he is interesting, and why does everyone think that Jericho would put him over. Jericho is here, and he does put a lot of people over, and this might just be for the sake of a possible good match, that Jericho could win.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HellDemon102094 View Post
    This could be said to be WWE giving Curtis a break, due to the fact that he won Nxt a few years back, and got his debut a year or two later, and against Henry, who was in his prime. Its also nice to see some new talent, bad gimmick or not, i hated Fandango a few weeks ago, but now, i don't know, he is interesting, and why does everyone think that Jericho would put him over. Jericho is here, and he does put a lot of people over, and this might just be for the sake of a possible good match, that Jericho could win.
    What is beating Fandango going to do for Jericho? Nothing.
    This match has the sole purpose of having Jericho putting Fandango over in the hope that will propel the character on to better things.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!