Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal Member
    Blog Entries

The part-timers debate and next generation

I was reading a blog on the main page from Dashing Rachel talking about part timers and it got me thinking a bit. She spoke about the fact that these part timers are around because they draw, and its true. These guys bring in the crowds and viewers. but what happens when.these guys are gone? Taker, HHH, Rock, Brock, Jericho; these guys won't be around forever. Cena and Punk are arguably the two top guys and also won't be around forever. what happens when these guys are all gone? Who will be the top guys and top draws? Who will be the guys to bring in the fans?

I feel that Daniel Bryan can easily be a top face who actually draws. I really don't see a lot of drawing potential from most of the roster. Also all the shield members have some credibility to draw.

Opinions?

Antonio Cesaro has all the potential in the world.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    Antonio Cesaro has all the potential in the world.
    I like Antonio in the ring but outside of that i don't see the drawing power. that's not to say i won't see it, because i felt the same about Bryan. But i am yet to see the star power from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault View Post
    I like Antonio in the ring but outside of that i don't see the drawing power. that's not to say i won't see it, because i felt the same about Bryan. But i am yet to see the star power from him.
    The thing with Cesaro is that his wrestling style has a very broad appeal. He can appeal to the kids and younger fans as he can pull off Cena like feats of strength (I think he's actually stronger than Cena) he appeals to the foreign market, especially in Europe and he appeals to those who have been following wrestling for years and those that are in the business themselves.

If used right and built right he could be a huge draw for them.

Blog Entries
    Daniel Bryan has a ton of potential to be a top guy in WWE, evident form his WHC run. I expect to see him winning multiple world Championships.
    Dolph Ziggler also has plenty of potential.
    Antonio Cesaro is doing wonders right now. Excellent in the ring, improving each time he takes to the mic.
    Wade Barrett has plenty to offer too.
    The Miz I think has plenty still to offer. He's proven that he can be a top heel, and he's now showing that he can work equally as good as a face.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Normal Member
    Its up to the company to make the stars through there booking,

If the company choose to rely on the Part Timers, or put too much pressure on proven existing stars to bear the weight of the company, then the standard of workers ability to draw may drop.

I believe that is why Ziggler has a small faction, Barrett/Cesaro hold a Midcard title and there pushing Swagger, these workers may be the future of the company and only time and a slow build will show their ability to “draw”.

You worry when the WWE push someone , just to Job a few weeks later as there doesn’t seem and continuity on who can beat who, A long term strategy has to be established and a decision made on who they want to push, and not a rash 2 month feud then back to Saturday Morning Slam.

What will happen when those guys are gone? The same things that happened when people like Austin & HBK retired, the same thing when guys like Angle, Bret Hart, Hogan and all the past stars who are no longer there left. My point being.. The WWE always moves on, even when you don't think there is.. there's always plenty of potential there! (As people have said above.) Talent with the right push could be top stars, the only thing I would say.. Right now, in this point of time. I don't see the person who could replace Cena as THAT guy. I'm sure we will in the future.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Right now, in this point of time. I don't see the person who could replace Cena as THAT guy. I'm sure we will in the future.
    it's ryback ...

same boring promo every weak,
    same strength game,
    less colour merchandise, I think he has to work on that one ...

If I was vince, I would build the future of the WWE around shield, mcintyre, kingston, mizz, bryan, cesaro, punk, ziggler, langston sheamus and bray wyatt

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grave View Post
    it's ryback ...

same boring promo every weak,
    same strength game,
    less colour merchandise, I think he has to work on that one ...
    Have him come out in a bright Yellow onepeice next week to sell merc then?

either that or release a new terminator movie so his onesie is relavant