Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rey Mysterio Jr in TNA?

A few years ago I would have laughed in anyone's face at the mere mention of this. Sure, there were obvious reasons why it might have been beneficial for him to make the jump--not money wise, but the schedule, among other things, would have surely been tempting, but no way a healthy(ish) Rey was gonna depart the financially lucrative McVinnieLand during the height of his popularity.

However... Dudes all but washed up these days, and is -quite literally- on his last legs in WWE.

Should the divorce between Rey and WWE occur anytime soon, can you see him and Dixie coming to an agreement? I personally can. Rey's presence in TNA would help boost their much sought after awareness in the US, and vastly increase their standing in Mexico. Like, I'm not too sure if there's still a working relationship between TNA and AAA, but add ReyReyJr to that deal, and it would be happy days for all involved.

Thoughts, guys?
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    I can see it happening. They'd deify him over there. I think it would be best for him. After all, WWE have been pretty forgiving as far as letting those guys come back and be inducted into the HOF and all that, so it's not the case of terminal derision it once was.

would be good for TNA, but Rey doens't need this, If he can't go in WWE he should just retire

I'm sure he would shift a lot of merch for them but I'm not sure how good this would really be for either party? He's really banged up these days and I think sometimes it's better to bow out and still have some semblance of health intact, rather than trying to push on and possibly crippling himself permanently.

BUt what would he do the whole point of him leaving WWE is because he can't go, people complain when people like Sting and Hogan are in the lime light but it'll be just the same if Rey was there, so for me it's a no, I just can't see what he would bring to the product , I can see what he would bring to the company but not the product.

Blog Entries
    I wish Rey the best but believe both WWE and TNA don't have need for him. WWE should do a nice retirement schedule and send him off big, but I don't see what TNA has to win with picking him up. Not that he's a waste of time, but he's not a real catch either.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    I wish Rey the best but believe both WWE and TNA don't have need for him. WWE should do a nice retirement schedule and send him off big, but I don't see what TNA has to win with picking him up. Not that he's a waste of time, but he's not a real catch either.
    It's time for a WWE legends deal for him. Public appearances, merch sales, Spanish announce team..........

if he did go to tna they will just milk he was a wwe guy for a few months. or they will have him team with chavo and milk eddys name for a few months.

I'm kinda eh on this one; I think Rey needs tons of physical rehab. It would be best for him to heal before getting into anything again. If TNA signs him, they should be creative on his debut. Maybe start a storyline with a heel in the X-Division mocking lunchadores, and slowly tease Rey's debut while he recovers. Rey shouldn't be putting himself back out there to WWE's demanding slavery schedule.
    With some proper time off and recovery, Rey could still put on some amazing work.
    I honestly don't care where he ends up; I'd just rather have him have a proper run, rather than his last forgetful years.