Hybrid View

Rey Mysterio and What I think Should Happen

So lately, Mysterio has been in talks with WWE regarding him either being released or him retiring. Some within the company say he should be released while others want him to stay, apparently. However, this is how I would want it to plan out. As we know, since 2009-2010, Mysterio has been on a downhill slope. With his knee getting worse, we wouldn't want anything to happen to Mysterio that would impact his life in the future. Mysterio has done so much, won many titles, many accomplishments, a sure-fire hall of famer and he could always make returns. I do think that he has one last match that he could pull off. Mysterio could come back some time and announce that he is planning to retire soon. He talks about his injuries and how he has accomplished a significant amount. But he doesn't want to end it like this, he wants one last match.

He calls this match a test and to examine how far a superstar has come. He wants to pass the torch and he mentions that he wants his last match to be with sin cara. He says he is proud of him, but he doesn't believe Sin Cara is ready. To make sure, he sets a date that his last match will be at Wrestlemania XXX, Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio. He says it is Sin Cara's chance to elevate his career or downspiral to nothingness. This match will give Mysterio time to rest up til Wrestlemania, it gives us the match we want and Mysterio goes out on the biggest stage of them all promoting a fellow masked man.

And that is what I think should happen? Thoughts? Is this dumb or would be excited to see this? Comment below and stay funky fresh.
    http://i.imgur.com/5pZdU5D.gif

Good idea, but since day one I say that Sin Cara will not replace Rey Mysterio. I'm not saying he is not good. He is good. He does not fit in the WWE that's all. I dont think WWE will renew his contract after it expires, and perhaps this is not a bad thing for Cara.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if that is enough of a grand scenario to do justice for Rey's career. It's not like Mysterio was his mentor or anything, so the whole 'I want you to carry the torch' storyline wouldn't make sense, no offense.

I'd rather see a top guy destroy him and make it "career ending" or have him do a retirement match with his opponent's career on the line too.

Sin Cara doesn't have mic skills and is used as a novelty. He definitely is no Rey Mysterio and will not carry his torch in any way.

I like the going out at mania idea but instead of cara he goes for the streak. Kind of like a streak vs career match. Itll give rey a marquee event to go out on and give taker a streak challenger that has a style thats never challenged before. Also itd be a fairly low impact match that would help neither men get injured. Now a lot of people dont see him as a legit challenger and think its unbelievable for him to win. Thats an easy fix. Have him go over the giants. He can do quick roll ups or caught off guard 619's on big show, kane or even taker himself. Just picture taker doing a string of smackdown matches and being successful in all of them. Make them squash matches so theres no risk of injury. Then have him go against rey and have him pull off the upset win. Taker is pissed but respectful. Next week the same scenario happens. Taker is pissed yet again but walks away with his head up. Week 3 have rey acting a little cocky abiut his wins, taker then says he wants one more shot at rey and it will be at mania, and no one beats me at mania. Or something along those lines. Rey will go in with confidence and he'll look like a legit threat to the streak this way. The added stip will be that he puts his career on the line. Taker beats him and rey gets his big send off. At least this is what i would like for him. It would make for a different kind of streak match what with reys fast high flying style. I think itd be good.

I would love to see a Rey vs Cara match, it's actually one match where I think Cara will benefit from just because of the style Mysterio uses. However ever it really depends on Rey's condition and if he wants to put himself into a situation where he could do further injury. But I'm all for a match between the two, was hoping it would be taking place at Mania but of course those plans went down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    I would love to see a Rey vs Cara match, it's actually one match where I think Cara will benefit from just because of the style Mysterio uses. However ever it really depends on Rey's condition and if he wants to put himself into a situation where he could do further injury. But I'm all for a match between the two, was hoping it would be taking place at Mania but of course those plans went down the drain.
    It seems like neither guy can stay healthy. Its like as soon as i heard rumors about their mania match, they both got hurt. But i guess you nevwr really notice how much effect the lucha libre style, even reys bastardized version of it, has on the body until you see a competitor like rey start to easily get injury after injury. It really puts things in perspective for me and i have a greater appreciation for what these athletes do night in and night out. I mean most people that get one surgery tend to back off whatever caused the injury but rey just kept pushing harder and harder... although the last couple of years he has seemed to be on cruize control.

Switch Sin Cara with Hunico and we got a match ese!