Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mania Rhodes Closed

Rhode Scholars were split up after The Rumble. Golddust appeared. Cody eliminated Goldie. All logic pointed to us finally getting Brother vs Brother at Wrestlemania. The storyline is already tailor made for them. One brother is dashing, the pride of ole Dusty. The other is derranged, the black sheep of an otherwise rich wrestling family history.

Am I the only one really dissapointed that yet another year is going by without us getting the battle of the Rhodes Brothers? It seems like a major, major missed opportunity. Also, as Cody showed last night - the guy can put on a great match. It would be great for him to have a high profile match up that people were invested in. While Rhode Scholars have been fluctuating as a team these past few weeks, Cody and Sandow appeared seperately on Raw last night. They even hinted that Kaitlyn was up to something. I reeeally thought Goldie's music was going to hit during the Del Rio match.

I'm picturing the pre-match build up promo vid at Mania. Family videos, footage of their dad, footage of Goldust from the 90s, Cody in the 2000s, the Rumble encounter, and beyond. It's just frustrating I guess. Am I the only one who feels this way?

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Thus far, yes. You are the only one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    Thus far, yes. You are the only one.
    Living under a rock I see

You're far from the only one T Drain. I've seen countless people say that this feud and subsequent match should have happened.
    Unfortunately WWE creative seem to think it's a bad idea.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Living under a rock I see

You're far from the only one T Drain. I've seen countless people say that this feud and subsequent match should have happened.
    Unfortunately WWE creative seem to think it's a bad idea.
    Haha thanks for the back-up Doc Thunder. I think the root of my frustration is that it even seemed like they were heading this way, not just in hopeful imagination. Meaning, there were actual tangible happenings that looked like seeds were being planted - Goldust at the Rumble, and the immediate splitting of Rhode Scholars the next night on Raw. Its just another case of them changing their minds a few steps into a storyline, and it kept us from a quality feud, IMO.

PS: You called me T Drain. Did I just make a friend on these forums nearly 3 years later?! .... (The dots are tears)

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    I'd love to see it and would substitute every top card match for it. It is such a good story. And I think Goldust will give his all to give Cody a push.

That said: though I wish them both a good Wrestlemaniamatch, this angle could be done at Summerslam and be a bit higher on the card, which would be a fine alternative for me.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    Haha thanks for the back-up Doc Thunder. I think the root of my frustration is that it even seemed like they were heading this way, not just in hopeful imagination. Meaning, there were actual tangible happenings that looked like seeds were being planted - Goldust at the Rumble, and the immediate splitting of Rhode Scholars the next night on Raw. Its just another case of them changing their minds a few steps into a storyline, and it kept us from a quality feud, IMO.

PS: You called me T Drain. Did I just make a friend on these forums nearly 3 years later?! .... (The dots are tears)
    As I've said before, WWE creative change their minds on things more often than they change their pants. I'm sure that doing this feud crossed their minds at some point, and I'm sure that they considered doing it at some point, but as has been the case with a few of the good feuds that have never happened.
    Who knows though, Summerslam? I won't rule it out/lose hope completely until Dustin retires for good.

Saying T Drain is a lot easier than your full name, plus isn't that what you said before you wanted to be called? I seem to recall you signing off with that before lol

Sorry, I was just using my dry humor. I know several have brought up that match. I'm a big fan of Goldust's in ring work. A while back, his match against Jericho on Superstars was an absolute clinic. Jericho even praised Goldy via twitter after that match.

But, Goldust v Cody not a Mania-worthy match IMO. You could easily have that at the EC PPV or the PPV following Mania.

Blog Entries
    They need to get Cody on the WM card and soon. Less than 3 weeks & things don't look too promising for Cody appearing at WM. I for one have wanted to see Goldie & Cody go at it, why not now WWE? Guess we gotta wait & see. Maybe The E will come thru with this match in the last week leading to WM.

Sandow isnt in a match yet either. I think the easiest way for the WWE to get both guys on the card is some form of Tag Team match. Likely a big 8-way match with Rhodes Scholars & The Bellas v Dancing Fat Guys & The Funkadactyles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    Sandow isnt in a match yet either. I think the easiest way for the WWE to get both guys on the card is some form of Tag Team match. Likely a big 8-way match with Rhodes Scholars & The Bellas v Dancing Fat Guys & The Funkadactyles.
    Unfortunately, I see this match happening with the latter team winning.