Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Console - Need Suggestions

Alright guys, I have recently transitioned away from the 360 and moved to the PS3. Yes, I know the next Gen is around the corner but I grew very weary of the 360 having far too many games without solid stories and being majorly focus around online gaming only (seriously, fuck the Call of Duty games - The single player stories are horrible in my opinion). Now that I have moved back to the PS world, I am wondering if you guys have some suggestions for games I should be looking to acquire. When I grabbed the console, I also grabbed God of War 3 and Arkham City off the bargain bin. I know that Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, iNfamous, and Uncharted are a few that I will more than likely get over time, but what games have you played on the console that are worth paying the price to play?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I'll chuck you some PS exclusives that you wouldn't have access to on Xbox:

Infamous
    Infamous 2
    Journey (PSN download only)
    Heavy Rain
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    Gran Turismo

That covers a few genres

Blog Entries
    Mass Effect trilogy
    Best game series ever IMO. Awesome and captivating storyline.

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions
    A bargain for what you can buy it for these days. Pretty good story and the gameplay isn't bad either.

The Orange Box
    You get 3 games with this: Team Fortress 2, Portal and Half Life 2. Team fortress is garbage IMO, but Portal is a great little puzzle game to work with. Half Life 2 is a fantastic game. Another excellent storyline and the FPS gameplay is good.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Thats my biggest regret about getting an Xbox no Ratchet & Clank loved them games haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Thats my biggest regret about getting an Xbox no Ratchet & Clank loved them games haha
    Yeah they are particular favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    Infamous
    Infamous 2
    Journey (PSN download only)
    Heavy Rain
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    Gran Turismo
    These are on my list. I was a big fan of Prototype and heard a great deal of people telling me that if I loved that game, I'd like this series as well. I head Heavy Rain is a beautiful story, which is what I am looking for, and R&C was one I was spying when I was reading reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Mass Effect trilogy
    Best game series ever IMO. Awesome and captivating storyline.

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions
    A bargain for what you can buy it for these days. Pretty good story and the gameplay isn't bad either.

The Orange Box
    You get 3 games with this: Team Fortress 2, Portal and Half Life 2. Team fortress is garbage IMO, but Portal is a great little puzzle game to work with. Half Life 2 is a fantastic game. Another excellent storyline and the FPS game play is good.
    The Orange Box I am familiar with as I had it on the Xbox (fan of the Half Life series) and it turned me onto Portal. Deus Ex (and Bayonetta along with Heavenly Sword) is also a game I heard is stunning graphically. ME Series will take a bit of work as I hear it involved quite a bit of time to dedicate to decision making in the game. I might grab that after I finish out the Dead Space series.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. These all seem to be games that I should easily find in a bin at GameStop so that will help make it easier to pad my game library with (since it is non-existent now that I switched consoles).

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I would say get Far Cry 3, Portal 2, Dead Space 3, and (obviously) WWE '13.

A STAR WAS BORN!!!! #ThankYouBrock

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    The Orange Box I am familiar with as I had it on the Xbox (fan of the Half Life series) and it turned me onto Portal. Deus Ex (and Bayonetta along with Heavenly Sword) is also a game I heard is stunning graphically. ME Series will take a bit of work as I hear it involved quite a bit of time to dedicate to decision making in the game. I might grab that after I finish out the Dead Space series.
    I'm amazed at how cheap you can get the Orabge Box for. I know it's been out a while now, but still, Half Life 2 is a long ass game. And getting Portal with it is a big bonus. Half Life though is one of the best games I've ever played hands down.

Deus Ex again is well worth the little money you pay for it. Had awesome reviews, and albeit slightly short, definitely worth it.

Yeah you'll be playing Mass Effect for a long time if you get it. The 3 games is effectively one big game split across 3 installments, and you have to play through a few times to know the consequences of making the different decisions at various points. But I guess that's what you call getting your money's worth. It's by far the best series I've played though, and it's definitely worth a look.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

You can get the entire God of War saga together (God of War 1, 2, 3, Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta) in one collection for like $40 which is a great deal and I highly recommend the series. But, most importantly, THE UNCHARTED SERIES!!!!!!!!!!! How nobody has mentioned it is incredible. 3 of the greatest games I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    You can get the entire God of War saga together (God of War 1, 2, 3, Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta) in one collection for like $40 which is a great deal and I highly recommend the series. But, most importantly, THE UNCHARTED SERIES!!!!!!!!!!! How nobody has mentioned it is incredible. 3 of the greatest games I've ever played.
    I agree. I am playing Uncharted 3 right now and if you are a fan of awesome story telling and gameplay then I would recommend the entire Uncharted series. Totally worth the money.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs