Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1 Hour Iron Man Match

So this is my 1st post and i apologize in advance if you didn't like it.

So out of WWE history i can only think of 5 Iron Man Matches that were at least 1 hour or a little longer and they were...

1. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart

2. The Rock vs Triple H

3. Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle

4. Triple H vs Cris Benoit

5. Randy Orton vs John Cena

Out of these Five (and i watched all 5 not a easy choice) wich did you like more and why?

I personally liked Lesnar vs Angle IMO it had it all great history/rivalry between the two men, both incredibly gifted athletes and it was for the WWE Title, there were so many spots in that match but what did stick in my memory was at the end Lesanr was wining 5 agains Kurt who had 4 wins and at the last 15 seconds Angle had the ankel lock on Lesnar and had the chance to tie it and go to sudden death overtime but Brock edured it and won the WWE title, it was the main event on smackdown and it easily could'v headlined a ppv even Mania at that

I completely agree with Angle/Lesnar. At the topic of the post I had in my head pretty much what you said. Well done chap.

Holy shit I had completely forgotten about the Angle vs Lesnar Ironman Match.

Putting this on my must watch list.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

I think there was HBK vs Cena on Raw.

I have to re-watch all that 5 matches mention in order to pick a favorite =/

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    I think there was HBK vs Cena on Raw.

I have to re-watch all that 5 matches mention in order to pick a favorite =/
    Im not sure that was an Ironman Match, just a long ass match

Angle/Lesnar is an absolutely beautiful match

There are another couple of really good one hour iron man matches outside of the 'E I can think of, should be easy enough to find:

Low Ki vs. Spanky vs. Doug Williams vs. Christopher Daniels (2002, from ROH: match that crowned their first champion)
    CM Punk vs. Chris Hero (2004 I think, from WXW: it's in German)

ROH and TNA have done plenty of half hour ones too, most notably Bryan Danielson vs. Doug Williams and AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post

There are another couple of really good one hour iron man matches outside of the 'E I can think of, should be easy enough to find:

Low Ki vs. Spanky vs. Doug Williams vs. Christopher Daniels (2002, from ROH: match that crowned their first champion)

ROH and TNA have done plenty of half hour ones too, most notably Bryan Danielson vs. Doug Williams and AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
    Wow. I've been putting off looking into ROH's rich backlog, but I can't believe I didn't know about those. I'll have to check them out this weekend. I have spotty recognition of TNA, not quite as early as the weekly PPVs but they were on Wednesday at like 3:30 in the afternoon on Fox Sports Net. Had a board I frequented years ago and read of a lot of their exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post

Didn't TNA just do a 15-minute Ironman Match?

I gotta go with HBK vs Bret Hart. Their match was legendary and it immediately shot HBK up to main event status. Angle v Lesnar was great, but HBK vs. Bret was one of my all time favorite matches. Also, I think Orton vs. Cena was an extremely underrated match. Just my opinion though.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Didn't TNA just do a 15-minute Ironman Match?
    Nope. TNA did a TEN MINUTE Ironman match between AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn! It ended 3-3, and didn't go to sudden death!

I haven't watched much of it. but the early years of NWA-TNA seemed to be completely batshit insane.