View Poll Results: Which rivalry was better?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz

6 54.55%
  • Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi

5 45.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which rivalry was better: E&C-Hardyz-Dudleyz or Mitsuharu Misawa-Kenta Kobashi?

Hey everyone, back again for the last time tonight to post another first round match-up in my new tournament. For the first time, this match-up features a rivalry that wasn't in the WWE. I know everyone might not be familiar with Misawa vs. Kobashi, so I will ask that before we all vote for who we want to win, to at least check out some of their matches so you can get a fair argument from both sides. To me, this will come down to what type of wrestling you like: a technical masterpiece, or crazy exciting spotfests.

Here is what I believe to be the most exciting of the TLC matches that E&C/Hardyz/Dudleyz had. Crazy spots in this one:

Part 2 here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbq...y-boyz-v_sport

This was the first Misawa/Kobashi match I could find on Dailymotion, but trust me, their all gold. At least a 4 1/2 star match here. For those of you who aren't aware, Misawa is the guy in green (as per usual) and Kobashi is the guy in orange/red:

Part 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9m...obashi-a_sport

Part 3: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9m...obashi-a_sport

Part 4: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9m...obashi-a_sport

My opinion:

Wrestling edge: Misawa vs Kobashi. Again, I'm a technical wrestling type of guy, and while I do enjoy high spots every now and then, you just can't beat all those 5 star matches that Misawa and Kobashi had.

Promo edge: N/A. I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know if either of these guys can talk or even if that is a big deal in Japan, so I cannot rightfully say either way. If I had to guess though, I'd give it to Misawa vs Kobashi though, because this is the main event in Japan and I gotta assume that they at least talk a little over there. And besides, with the exception of E&C none of the tag team guys could really talk.

Longevity: Misawa vs. Kobashi. The match I posted is from 1997, and they were both still going strong at least until 2004.

"Holy Shit" moments: E&C/Hardyz/Dudleyz. Misawa and Kobashi could/did spot too, but the insanity that is E&C/Hardyz/Dudleyz took tag team wrestling AND spot wrestling in general to a whole other level.

Overall: Misawa vs. Kobashi. I know this might not be the most popular choice here, but damnit I don't know if there is a rivalry that was better in ring, and at the end of the day, this is what I look for in wrestling. Technical ability will always be my deal, so I gotta go with the upset here.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

Misawa and Kobashi every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Misawa and Kobashi every time.
    ^^^^^ This.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kobashi v Misawa. Hands down.

The E&C v Dudleys v The Hardyz was unbeleivably good though. Before they came along WWF's tag scene wasn't saying much at all. But all the TLC's in the world cannot compare to the brilliance of Mitsuharu v Kenta.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?
    You can choke on a big bag of dicks, good sir.

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    I have to go with Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi for this one. I hadn't watched any of their matches until just recently, and was blown away by how incredible these guys are in the ring.

If I hadn't seen their matches, this would have hands down, gone to the E&C vs Hardyz vs Dudleyz rivalry. Those tagteams revolutionized tagteam wrestling, and TLC matches, but didn't have as big a rivalry as Misawa and Kenta. I mean, they went for over 6 years! Many wrestlers WWE careers don't even last that long nowadays. Every time I've seen matches of Misawa and Kenta in the ring together, they deliver exceptional technical wrestling that is very deserving of the 5 stars that they got.

Yeah, let's not forget that the EC-Dudleys-Hardys feud is still one of the greatest feuds in WWE history. The Rhyno, Spike and Lita run in segment of TLCII still makes me mark out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Yeah, let's not forget that the EC-Dudleys-Hardys feud is still one of the greatest feuds in WWE history. The Rhyno, Spike and Lita run in segment of TLCII still makes me mark out.
    Yeah I loved that little run-in too! Remember that sick DDT Spike hit? Right through the table on the outside!

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Yeah I loved that little run-in too! Remember that sick DDT Spike hit? Right through the table on the outside!
    Not to mention when Edge speared Lita and she banged her head on a ladder on the floor.

Years later Edge would give a whole new meaning to spearing Lita!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?
    You can choke on a big bag of dicks, good sir.

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Not to mention when Edge speared Lita and she banged her head on a ladder on the floor.

That he would. Live sex celebration FTW.

On topic: Lita could really take a bump! I miss her. But I know she wouldn't be comfortable working in the WWE again, with the likes of Kelly Kelly and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post

There's a gem on commentary too that's just Goddamn hilarious in hindsight -
    JR: Lita is jerking Edge off the ladder!