Blog Entries

Exclamation UFC 158: Results/Standings!

Saturday's long-awaited "UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz" event scored a reported attendance of 20,145 and a live gate of $3.71 million. UFC President Dana White confirmed the estimated totals following the event, which took place at Montreal's Bell Centre. It wasn't the worst beating ever seen in the octagon, but UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre thoroughly dominated challenger Nick Diaz en route to a clear cut unanimous-decision win. GSP took down Nick Diaz at will last night and landed 105 significant strikes compared to Diaz's 41. Most of the fight was on the ground with GSP stifling Diaz's submission attempts with classic wrestling maneuvers. One could see the frustration in Diaz's face as he was unable to put together any kind of offence to shut GSP down. After the decision win, GSP and Diaz both took a page out of Team Hell-No's book and hugged it out. Both were very respectful at the end of the fight and we saw a true class act as Diaz manned up and raised GSP's hand in victory.

Five fighters joined UFC President Dana White at the UFC 158 post fight press conference - UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre, Johny Hendricks, Carlos Condit, Nick Diaz and Jake Ellenberger. To the surprise of no one, Hendricks and Condit earned Fight of the Night for their exciting, back-and-forth brawl. Ellenberger took home Knockout of the Night for his first-round finish of veteran Nate Marquardt. With no submissions at UFC 158, no Submission of the Night was awarded. So without further ado, here's the results for last night's UFC 158 Event:

UFC 158: Results:

MAIN CARD (PPV)

UFC Welterweight Championship
    Georges St-Pierre (c) def. Nick Diaz via U-Dec. (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)

Johny Hendricks def. Carlos Condit via U-Dec. (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Jake Ellenberger def. Nate Marquardt via KO/TKO (strikes) @ 3:00 of Rd 1

Chris Camozzi def. Nick Ring via S-Dec. (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Mike Ricci def. Colin Fletcher via U-Dec. (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Patrick Cote def. Bobby Voelker via U-Dec. (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Darren Elkins def. Antonio Carvalho via KO/TKO (strikes) @ 3:06 of Rd 1

Jordan Mein def. Dan Miller via KO/TKO (strikes) @ 4:42 of Rd 1

John Makdessi def. Daron Cruickshank via U-Dec. (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Rick Story def. Quinn Mulhern via KO/TKO (strikes) @ 3:05 of Rd 1

T.J. Dillashaw def. Issei Tamura via KO/TKO (strikes) @ 0:26 of Rd 2

George Roop def. Reuben Duran via U-Dec. (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

Bonus Question Answers:

Fight of the Night = Johny Hendricks vs. Carlos Condit.

Submission of the Night = None.

KO/TKO of the Night = Jake Ellenberger.

Minutes the Main Event Lasted = 25 Minutes

As expected, Johny Hendricks and Carlos Condit were awarded the Fight of the Night at UFC 158: St-Pierre Vs. Diaz Saturday night. Hendricks earned the decision victory, as both fighters picked up an additional $50,000. The Knockout of the Night went to Jake Ellenberger, who stopped former Strikeforce welterweight champion Nate Marquardt in another key contest.

-----------------------------

UFC 158: Contest Results/Standings:

1. FLWWEFan = 520 pts
    2. rossmiller84 = 443 pts
    3. cy1911 = 409 pts
    4. trips = 408 pts
    5. Dr. Death = 405 pts
    6. magglis = 388 pts
    7. Wwf1998 = 290 pts
    8. Robstar = 283 pts

Congratulations FLWWEFan for an OUTSTANDING WIN and an AMAZING job earning 520 pts!!! I would also like to welcome our new friend - rossmiller84 - (who came in 2nd place, a great showing for just joining - Great job bro!!) - please take the time to say hi and welcome him to our contest. Robstar must like being on the bottom, I'm not sure if he just likes the view from there, or if Bodom has him trained to stay there? I don't know what to tell you Rob, but you should try a different position sometime. Just playing - lol. Keep going Rob and eventually you'll win one of these.

-------------------------

Overall Standings:

01. FLWWEFan = 2610 pts
    02. trips = 2581 pts
    03. cy1911 = 2429 pts
    04. Dr. Death = 2342 pts
    05. magglis = 2307 pts
    06. Robstar = 1855 pts
    07. akbar = 1776 pts
    08. Wwf1998 = 1232 pts
    09. Rehmix = 587 pts
    10. rossmiller84 = 443 pts
    11. Destruction = 203 pts
    12. DRG = 156 pts

Not only did FLWWEFan win this contest, he took over the #1 spot in the Overall contest also. Great Job Bro!! Also Robstar changed spots with akbar for the #6 spot and our new friend rossmiller84 comes in at the #10 spot. Great Job everyone!! Our next contest will be:

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Gustafsson vs. Mousasi

Date: April 6, 2013
    Venue: Ericsson Globe Arena
    Broadcast: FUEL TV, Facebook

MAIN CARD (FUEL TV, 2 p.m. ET)

Alexander Gustafsson
    vs. Gegard Mousasi
    Ryan Couture vs. Ross Pearson
    Philip De Fries vs. Matt Mitrione
    Mike Easton vs. Brad Pickett
    Diego Brandao vs. Pablo Garza
    Akira Corassani vs. Robert Peralta

PRELIMINARY CARD
    (Facebook)

Michael Johnson
    vs. Reza Madadi
    Adlan Amagov vs. Chris Spang
    Marcus Brimage vs. Conor McGregor
    Ben Alloway vs. Ryan LaFlare
    Michael Kuiper vs. Tom Lawlor
    Papy Abedi vs. Besam Yousef
    Adam Cella vs. Tor Troeng*

- Not officially announced

Have Fun and Happy Posting, see you all April 6, 2013 for our next contest - stay tuned to the MMA section of the forums for any updates and the current going on's in the world of MMA.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Haha, I'm not too surprised after my blind picks. I also like to pick strange finishes and hope it occurs I guess. I mean, every GSP fight I have seen has gone the distance and been a points win but noooo, I had to pick a different ending! lol Never mind, I'll keep plugging away it's fun!

Congrats to FLWWEFan, that's an amazing score. Overtaking Akbar in the standings is a hollow victory since he didn't compete in this one. Bad form akkie!

Hey Death, what are the chances you'll let me put my entry in after the event next time??

Normal Member
    Hey thanks, loved doing this actually and made the event more interesting for me! made I had someone to root for on every fight! maybe was a bit of a fluke ... but the next event will tell if I can play with the big boys!!

thanks again

Wow, this was my best pick 'em by far since I began playing last year. Had a strange feeling Hendricks/Condit would go to decision and not a KO like I first predicted. Anyways really looking foward to that GSP/Hendricks fight. Hendricks has a really good chance against GSP if you ask me. Will be interesting to say the least.

Fresh Member
    Damn I suck huh?