View Poll Results: Should Taker's WM streak end?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 33.90%
  • No

39 66.10%
Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 28 687677787980 88 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I don't think anyone should beat the streak.
    If you would consider someone to beat it, then VKM and Taker would have to be in agreement that the person selected was going to be THE next big thing, like the next face of the company. Why? Well because the rub of beating the streak is that great. Is there an individual that deserves that great rub in the company right now? I don't think so.

I think Taker will retire after Wrestlemania 30. He'll face John Cena and keep his streak intact.
    The problem is....who is? I wouldn't mind seeing Cena beat him along with a heel turn type of backlash afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by North Vegas Benny View Post
    I voted NO because I personally don't want to see The Streak end.

But I think he will lose at WrestleMania 30 to make it his last match. I don't think Punk has a chance to beat him this year mainly because I don't think that the McMahons think that highly of him, even though they let him keep the belt for over a year I just don't see Punk at that level of respect from the bosses as they have for Orton or Cena.

So this is how I see it going down in the WWE for the next year. John Cena is just coming out of his "worst" year in his career. Plus he lost to the Rock last year at WrestleMania. So I see him winning the title from the Rock at this WrestleMania and having the best year he has ever had. Then when the Road to WrestlMania starts next year UnderTaker makes his usuall return, but he comes back as a heel attacks John Cena, who either still has the belt or has just retained the belt. Taker comes back and puts the Streak against the belt, saying something like this is his last WrestleMania and he wants to go out on top. But he loses and the Streak ends and Cena keeps the belt.
    That is how I picture it as well. He should go out facing the man, franchise on the biggest stage of them all. WWE title wouldn't be needed, but add more appeal to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    The problem is....who is? I wouldn't mind seeing Cena beat him along with a heel turn type of backlash afterward.
    Like i said, there isn't anyone on the current roster that needs or deserves it.

If WWE wanted to turn Cena heel, then having him beating the streak would be a perfect sure way to do that. I personally don't see Cena turning heel anytime soon though.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

So goldberg losing to Nash made it less appealing the rest of the streak? People still talk about the streak today despite it ending. Same goes for Hulkster.
    Yes. A streak's broken that's it. It takes an entirely different light, I maybe shouldn't say it loses everything that makes it what it is...But once a streak ends, Everything it had going for was "The Streak" , It becomes, "Well that's it he lost." , in a way. This is a different kind of streak anyways though

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

I think the streak is good for buisness. Wwe needs to make hard as possible for any company to be unable to duplicate such concept as an undefeated streak.

Blog Entries
    So goldberg losing to Nash made it less appealing the rest of the streak? People still talk about the streak today despite it ending. Same goes for Hulkster.
    People talk about how that streak ended more than they do about the streak itself. I have been here for 2 and a half years and never once seen a discussion on Goldberg's streak. Besides which, the level of competition for 98% of his streak was pathetic.

I voted NO.

Blog Entries
    In all honesty, I don't think any of us know how to react to undertaker losing. I don't know what the commentators would say, I don't know how punk would react, I don't know how taker would react, how the fans at the arena would react, etc. I know many people would be cursing and all, but just imagine the awkwardness of punk getting the three count fairly and the crowd is just dead silent in awe...

The Undertaker is 47 and Kane is 45. Though Kane is still moving well neither one needs the money anymore and I always thought that they should go away together. Have Kane vs. Undertaker fight it out for about 20 minutes or so and then all of a sudden the lights go out and the ring catches on fire and collapses and sucks them both down to the bowels of Hell, never to be seen again. The streak stays intact and it would be a good ending to a long run for the both of them.

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

This forum has died.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    Breaking the streak will end his career.

You're welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmh67wa View Post
    The Undertaker is 47 and Kane is 45. Though Kane is still moving well neither one needs the money anymore and I always thought that they should go away together. Have Kane vs. Undertaker fight it out for about 20 minutes or so and then all of a sudden the lights go out and the ring catches on fire and collapses and sucks them both down to the bowels of Hell, never to be seen again. The streak stays intact and it would be a good ending to a long run for the both of them.
    Try having the announcers explain that one...