View Poll Results: Which rivalry was better?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Undertaker vs. Kane

6 85.71%
  • Edge vs. John Cena

1 14.29%

Which Rivalry Was Better: Undertaker-Kane or Edge-John Cena.

Hey everybody, back again with another first round match-up in the new tournament, and this one is another great one. Sorry about putting two Taker feuds back to back, but I've already done the appropriate research on both feuds and found some cool videos from each feud to post. Anyway, I think this is another great one to post because I'm sure everyone is already very familiar with both feuds as they are either both very recent or have had a very recent installations or revisionings of the feud. Anyway, here are some cool vids from each feud:

Here is the first official match from the Taker vs. Kane feud, and I wanted to post this one because it was when I believe Kane was most strong (as proven by the finish, don't want to spoil it for anyone, but Kane does something no one else has done before or since). Kane was a REAL monster back then and he looked almost unstoppable at times.

Here is an awesome promo from Edge and Cena that has been tweaked by the uploader to give it an even more epic feel to it. Very well done imo. Edge proves even more how truly great he is on the mic in this one:

My opinion:

Wrestling edge: Edge vs John Cena. I know most of you guys hate Cena's in-ring abilities, but he works well with Edge. They had some quality matches together and Cena showed he can do more then just the "5 moves of doom." Besides, most of Taker's and Kane's matches were punches and kicks. They were good examples of storytelling, but much like in the match I posted, Taker really had to carry them all.

Promo edge: Tie. Taker vs Kane was a legendary storyline but I don't think either of them were as good a talkers as Edge or Cena, where as Edge/Cena's story was more of a "no gimmicks needed" type of story with two elite talkers.

Longevity: Taker vs. Kane. Besides the great story behind it, I think this is the most impressive thing about Taker vs Kane. The fact that this feud is still relevant and is still a draw after almost a decade and a half is impressive to say the least.

"Holy Shit" Moments: Taker vs Kane. Kane's entire character is a "holy shit" moment in my book. From his debut at Bad Blood in Hell in a Cell, to the inferno matches to Undertaker returning at WM 20, this feud has been choc-full of great spots.

Overall: Taker vs. Kane. Edge vs Cena was great, and it really legitimized Edge as a main-eventer for life, but Taker vs. Kane is legendary.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

Im with you on this one

I think Taker v Kane could be the overall winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

Blog Entries
    Although Kane isn't quite the monster he was with the mask, I think the latest feud between both has really re-instated some credability to his character. He beat Taker 3 ppv's in a row, and for me, that re-established Kane as a monster (even though Nexus helped with the buried alive one).
    Kane vs Taker is indeed legendary and they take it for me.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    The Undertaker and Kane aeren't what they used to be, but then again neither is Edge(wrestling wise). But the Undertaker and Kane story is one of the most well thought out and memorable stories ever told in the WWF/E, and earned lifelong respect for both of them, so for me, its The Undertaker vs Kane.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Edge v Cena was the best feud that (post thuganomics) Cena has probably had. It also made Edge the main eventer he is today. The matches weren't half bad either.

Taker v Kane was beautiful storyline wise, but their matches (with the exception of their half decent match at Mania XIV) were the absolute drizzling shits. Plus all that lightening crap didn't really do it for me. On paper this one should be a clear winner but, when I thought about it, all I remember is disappointment from these two giants.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?
    You can choke on a big bag of dicks, good sir.

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Edge v Cena was the best feud that (post thuganomics) Cena has probably had. It also made Edge the main eventer he is today. The matches weren't half bad either.

Taker v Kane was beautiful storyline wise, but their matches (with the exception of their half decent match at Mania XIV) were the absolute drizzling shits. Plus all that lightening crap didn't really do it for me. On paper this one should be a clear winner but, when I thought about it, all I remember is disappointment from these two giants.
    Sure Taker and Kane didn't have the best of matches. I mean theyr'e giants, so you would expect them to move slowly. But they did have a wonderful story to tell, and had great Wrestlemania matches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Sure Taker and Kane didn't have the best of matches. I mean theyr'e giants, so you would expect them to move slowly. But they did have a wonderful story to tell, and had great Wrestlemania matches.
    Their second meeting at a Mania was more of a mauling than a match... The monster that was Kane in 1998 was long gone by 2004.

It's not like I was expecting Eddie v Rey at Halloween Havoc 1995 when Taker met Kane, but they put on some deathly dull collisions that I've no intention of reliving... Also the last 3 matches these two had were absolutely awful!

Bodom is our John Cena.
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain

#FreeBodom

Taker's performances were still great though. I love how he sold for Kane in the match I posted. One of the most underrated thing about the Undertaker is his unselfishness. He put so many guys over it was unreal.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xStraightxEdgexSaviorx View Post
    Taker's performances were still great though. I love how he sold for Kane in the match I posted. One of the most underrated thing about the Undertaker is his unselfishness. He put so many guys over it was unreal.
    I wonder if the WCW "invaders" would agree with the last part of your post.... I'm willing to bet DDP wouldn't!

Bodom is our John Cena.
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain

#FreeBodom

Undertaker and Kane officially take this one by a score of 6-1.