Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 68wPayne View Post
    @Necro, did you really find Deano Machino to be dry in the ring? He was my top 5 favorite wrestlers in WCW and still in my top 10 all time. I find Eddie Edwards to be way more bland than Dean.
    I remember when Malenko was out with an injury for several months, and Chris Jericho heeled it up on him pretty much anytime he was given a microphone. Then eventually, in one of the greatest returns in wrestling history, he returned at Slamboree 98 to finally face Jericho. Crowd popped HUGE, Malenko beat the snot out of him for a minute, knocked him to the outside then did a plancha on him. This lasted maybe a couple of minutes.

Then....... they had a back and forth technical wrestling match. Crowd reaction generally fizzled out until he finally made Jericho tap.

This match sort of sums up Dean Malenko for me. The crowd was just begging for Malenko to kick the fucking shit out of the annoying heel Jericho, who had been making fun of him and his dead father.... it really wasn't the time or place for that sort of match at all. He's a goddamn master technician in the ring and has put on some great matches, but he rarely puts any fire into his offence when it really counts. (or persona, really - but credit to WCW for dubbing him The Iceman)

It's also this reason (in reverse) why Davey is generally awesome in title matches, and yet it makes little since to almost kill himself doing a suicide dive in an opening match with Colt Cabana. (for instance)

To me both Eddie and Roderick while great wrestlers, neither one of them really do anything for me, I enjoy watching their matches but I they don't scream World Champion to me like Davey does, or Claudio. Here's to hoping for a Davey vs. Claudio World Title feud in the future.
    You'd probably love PWG. Davey's an ex-champ, and Claudio is the current champ. (Unless Joey Ryan beat him recently)

I have never seen any of PWG but I've heard good things and would love to watch some, I just recently became able to watch ROH because I switched to DirecTV and they carry the channel they come on. I am a huge fan of Claudio and it amazes me that he has not been picked up by Vinnie Mac, he would be a perfect fit as Smackdown's big bad heel.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

IIRC, Claudio was briefly signed to a WWE developmental deal at one point. No one knows exactly why he was let go.

Quote Originally Posted by 68wPayne View Post
    I have never seen any of PWG but I've heard good things and would love to watch some, I just recently became able to watch ROH because I switched to DirecTV and they carry the channel they come on. I am a huge fan of Claudio and it amazes me that he has not been picked up by Vinnie Mac, he would be a perfect fit as Smackdown's big bad heel.
    I think that Claudio and Chris Hero would fit perfectly in WWE and be big stars.... They Bulked up so much and defined there personas and there skill,they went from hopeless looking cheap indy wrestlers to stars, they look and wrestle like stars and they act like stars.... they dont got that indy feel or look thats why i think they be big singles stars in WWE........ those 2 had to take Steriods they got so built in such a little time, Hero looked like a long broom stick. but now look at him.

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER View Post
    I think that Claudio and Chris Hero would fit perfectly in WWE and be big stars.... They Bulked up so much and defined there personas and there skill,they went from hopeless looking cheap indy wrestlers to stars, they look and wrestle like stars and they act like stars.... they dont got that indy feel or look thats why i think they be big singles stars in WWE........ those 2 had to take Steriods they got so built in such a little time, Hero looked like a long broom stick. but now look at him.
    yeah well McMahon will underuse them and have dumb names for them
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    IIRC, Claudio was briefly signed to a WWE developmental deal at one point. No one knows exactly why he was let go.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't got a clue about that.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't got a clue about that.
    I think I read somewhere that there was a visa issue, but I'm not entirely sure if that's true
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I think I read somewhere that there was a visa issue, but I'm not entirely sure if that's true
    probably got hired but had nothing for him and then he requested his release
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

No, it wasn't his visa, that was pure LOLDIRTSHEETS.

I figured it was. I just forgot about it/never bothered to read more into it at the time.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.