Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TNA is a talented company that has come a long way. Unfortunately, the wrestling itself has nothing to do with increasing the ratings, only maintaining the ratings they have.
    TNA's marketing isn't that strong domestically... Aside from pleasing and maintaining current fans, they should also try to expand their audience. WWE is constantly expanding its "universe" through all types of media.

Originally Posted by The Piper
    People would rather watch a 5 second UFC fight than an actual entertaining wrestling match

Plus the fact that a lot of people don't know TNA exists, or thinks that it's the "minor leagues" and are too ignorant to watch it.

As a company, they ARE the minor leagues. The ignorance that prevents people from watching would be TNA's fault. Why should we watch it? Who are these guys and why do they matter? Outside of the television program itself, TNA doesn't really give people a reason to watch it. They need to create a buzz that is heard outside of the wrestling world - Something shocking, something against the unwritten rules, and bring back that frickin 6-sided ring...

How to get WWE fans to watch TNA:
    Do a Parody of John Cena (most WWE fans boo him anyway). Call him John Tweena, have him be a skilled mat technician and have him rap. Sure it'll piss off a lot of people, but they'll still tune in to see the guy and get a good laugh. Gillberg made me laugh all the time.

TNA Wrestling - We've got the Attitude you're looking for.

How to expand audience by garnering non-wrestling fans.
    TNA Knockouts - worked kayfabe accidental nip-slip... match stops, Knockout cries and runs to the back. That should make TMZ. Just kidding...
    They need to make their talent more marketable to people that don't watch wrestling. Game shows, talk shows, TV Shows, fundraisers, etc. This is why it's important to have a recognizable look, mic skills, and gimmicks. Stop wasting big money on outdated talent and put it toward marketing the product.

Advertising, the quality is there but the exposure is not, maybe try and get a few Celebs on it or something for some extra exposure.

Why can't TNA compete with WWE in ratings and viewership?

1. Old, past-their-prime 1990s veterans get the spotlight.
    2. They are stuck on Spike TV.
    3. They barely advertise elsewhere.
    4. They've just now started travelling on the road.
    5. Their storylines are even shittier than WWE's.

At one point of time, the "younger, smaller company" excuse would've worked. But not anymore. TNA can't compete with WWE because TNA sucks. The End.

Several reasons;
    Storylines aren't that clear to casual fans to draw them in.
    The product still doesn't look that polished (reminds me of WCW back in the 1990s with theme songs and production values - it is 2013 remember.) It may seem stupid, but a lot of people would rather watch WWE casually because it looks nicer.
    Don't believe me? Why are some terrible hollywood movies drawing huge numbers in box office over other "better films" that have substance? Because they look better and have far better, far reaching advertising.
    Wrestling in general is in decline at the moment, mostly due to a rise in "real" combat sports popularity. In regards to a comment on the other page; it may be a 5 second ufc fight, but if i had to choose; A REAL 5 second fight would probably win everytime.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    Why can't TNA compete with WWE in ratings and viewership?

At one point of time, the "younger, smaller company" excuse would've worked. But not anymore. TNA can't compete with WWE because TNA sucks. The End.
    Love it or hate it; this. I've watched TNA since 2004 (when we first had it shown in the UK on TWC) and in all honesty? It's gotten worse.
    The only thing i disagree with is the stuck on spike. UFC does well enough on the network but even they realize they need to get off it. I mean, it's not hard to notice the sudden increase in UFC on FX events lately.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

I think the Spike TV thing has a lot to do with it. Just like WWE, Impact is one of the highest rated shows on their own network. However, look at the USA network's other show ratings. It's not that unusual to see a show in the 3ish million viewers range. Part of it is the USA network already having the viewers and the wrestling specific viewers just adding to that. Even if things were on an equal playing field WWE would still win the ratings only because they would still have the recognition that doesn't exist for TNA yet. It would be a lot more competitive though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    People would rather watch a 5 second UFC fight than an actual entertaining wrestling match

Plus the fact that a lot of people don't know TNA exists, or thinks that it's the "minor leagues" and are too ignorant to watch it.
    Sadly i feel you are right. TNA is a very viable competitor for WWE i feel.

1st ditch the awful and boring aces and 8 storyline... used to be more interested in tna than the wwe for a while when the aces and 8s first came in and were mysterious but 8 long months of that crap was too much (hell 2-3 months were too much). whoever thought that storyline was a good idea has been living in the past. 2nd: get paul heyman when hes done from the e'. I know he was contacted by tna a long time and refused but maybe he can turn it around and make impact interesting again.

This excuse for TNA's lack of growth is getting old (no pun intended). Who are you exactly referring to now?

Agreed. Marketing is TNA's real issue here. Over the past 4 years TNA has done nothing in terms of increasing their awareness. They spend $250k on some shitty billboards but that is it. If they could market themselves competently they could shake a lot of these negative associations.

Agreed.

Completely subjective. Obviously, your not going to be invested in any of the storylines so why should you care?

I didn't know TNA existed until Christian moved there, even then it was cause a friend found out about it. No point signing old WWE wrestlers if you don't boast about it.

Can get TNA free here in the UK, but it's on challenge, SKY advertises WWE on channels other than Sky Sports 3, but I never see TNA adverts when watching other channels. Challenge could advertise the hell out of them for all I know, I'm not a game show fan