Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 82
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    But bear in mind my big IC piece I posted yesterday (the one involving cognitive science). That could have killed a show.
    Right...Exactly, I guess its just a matter of what you want where.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    How would that make people more active? At best, you'd have amazing promos, with little to no activity in a thread. Also, and I'm not trying to speak for Tommy here, but I don't think he cares if there is chat or banter in the EWNCW thread, as long as it doesn't bring drama or totally deter. I could be wrong.
    I understand times change and things evolve but "back in the day" there were amazing promos and plenty of banter on the pages, people actually talking as themselves instead of in character and thats when the whole efedd'ing took off.

    Lets be honest here.....how many people actually go and read through other peoples IC stuff? Personally its not for me, I prefer the suspense between shows.... If every day was the weekend what would we look forward too? and thats what your getting here there is no time to build suspence and interest because its constantly happening,

    again just my take on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

  3. #43
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,783
    Quote Originally Posted by MattElder View Post
    I understand times change and things evolve but "back in the day" there were amazing promos and plenty of banter on the pages, people actually talking as themselves instead of in character and thats when the whole efedd'ing took off.

    Lets be honest here.....how many people actually go and read through other peoples IC stuff? Personally its not for me, I prefer the suspense between shows.... If every day was the weekend what would we look forward too? and thats what your getting here there is no time to build suspence and interest because its constantly happening,

    again just my take on it
    ^^^Wisest man in efedding^^^

    The Feds would be more enjoyable if instead of pressuring everyone into constantly icing they just talked shit about whatever. Sure some IC work never hurts but, it shouldn't be something that is forced. Because if it's forced it turns into a job an not something that we do for funz.


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  4. #44
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,366
    Blog Entries
    6
    People burn out constantly ICing. They waste their best stuff sometimes too. When you watch wrestling, it's not constant promos by the same guys trying to one up each other (well, not that much) because that would get boring, wouldn't it. And if I fedded, I really couldn't be bothered reading through other peoples stuff, considering how much of it there is. Then you have people like B Mac or Bear who are in multiple efeds and things are going to get messy and slip shod for sure. And really? How many times can you say, "I'm gonna kick your ass at the PPV" and keep it interesting? I reckon ICing is encouraged by the main writers so they can take their time getting shows out.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    ^^^Wisest man in efedding^^^

    The Feds would be more enjoyable if instead of pressuring everyone into constantly icing they just talked shit about whatever. Sure some IC work never hurts but, it shouldn't be something that is forced. Because if it's forced it turns into a job an not something that we do for funz.
    Well im not guna brag but....I am the "Elder" around here

    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    People burn out constantly ICing. They waste their best stuff sometimes too. When you watch wrestling, it's not constant promos by the same guys trying to one up each other (well, not that much) because that would get boring, wouldn't it. And if I fedded, I really couldn't be bothered reading through other peoples stuff, considering how much of it there is. Then you have people like B Mac or Bear who are in multiple efeds and things are going to get messy and slip shod for sure. And really? How many times can you say, "I'm gonna kick your ass at the PPV" and keep it interesting? I reckon ICing is encouraged by the main writers so they can take their time getting shows out.
    Without trying to upset people IC'ing to me is the Cena of effedding.....forced down throats everytime you read a thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

  6. #46
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,366
    Blog Entries
    6
    Nice pun but I bet I'm OLDer lol

  7. #47
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MattElder View Post
    Without trying to upset people IC'ing to me is the Cena of effedding.....forced down throats everytime you read a thread
    It's not forced, it's encouraged. Not because the writers want to take they're time to write shows as Rob suggested (because we try and work to a schedule best we can), but because it can and does add to feuds.
    I don't expect people to be IC'ing 24/7, but I do want the thread t be active, because unfortunately, Matt, gone are the 'good old days' when there's banter and idle chit chat in the threads. That doesn't happen any more, and hasn't happened for a ling time. You have phases, sure, but I don't see you instigating this so called 'banter' in the thread. If you want it to return then shouldn't you be contributing to it yourself?
    I'm all for the discussion threads of feds being a good mix of IC work and general chit chat about the fed or whatever, but that barely doesn't happen any more.

    Bottom line is, that the discussion thread of EWNCW has been more active than it's been for a long ass time since this thread went up, and as long as that is the case, with the people involved showing interest, then I'm happy

    The make or break of your character(s) is the promos you submit to the shows. But, IC work/how active you are in the thread is also taken into account when we're discussing who to push and what not, because the guys talking in the thread are clearly the guys with more interest in the fed.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    People burn out constantly ICing. They waste their best stuff sometimes too. When you watch wrestling, it's not constant promos by the same guys trying to one up each other (well, not that much) because that would get boring, wouldn't it. And if I fedded, I really couldn't be bothered reading through other peoples stuff, considering how much of it there is. Then you have people like B Mac or Bear who are in multiple efeds and things are going to get messy and slip shod for sure. And really? How many times can you say, "I'm gonna kick your ass at the PPV" and keep it interesting? I reckon ICing is encouraged by the main writers so they can take their time getting shows out.
    The point is Rob when you are icing you get the chance to have a brief feud with someone like the real wrestlers do in twitter etc. Icing helps a lot the newbies but it also keeps the activity alive and most of the times feuds start from ic posts. To me ic posts are the backbone of a feud in an efed but at the same time people are trying too much and as you said they waste their best stuff or sometimes are really annoying




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  9. #49
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    The point is Rob when you are icing you get the chance to have a brief feud with someone like the real wrestlers do in twitter etc. Icing helps a lot the newbies but it also keeps the activity alive and most of the times feuds start from ic posts. To me ic posts are the backbone of a feud in an efed but at the same time people are trying too much and as you said they waste their best stuff or sometimes are really annoying
    I too think it's the backbone of things.
    I mean the people in charge of said feds get to see who work well together through IC work. And through that we can see who to book in feuds against each other.
    And to counter what people say about wasting their best stuff on IC work, that's bullshit. IC posts are nothing more than Twitter-esque jibes at your opposition or other 'wrestlers'. You have scope in a promo (albeit with guidelines) to say whatever you want and make it as long as you want.
    Plus, shouldn't you be challenging yourself to better your IC work in your promo? If not then what's the point?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  10. #50
    The Trinity Torphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,820
    With as much restraint as I can muster, IC work inside a thread bores the crap out of me. I don't read it, I rarely do it and when I do I invariably don't get a response so I always end up thinking, I just wasted 90 seconds of my day. The reason I don't read it is because 95% of the time it's the same 5 or so comments reworked into a different sentence to make it look different. I also see it as a device to show each other up, get one over and feel all warm and fuzzy inside that your one liner hit the mark this time.

    I sometimes feel we're almost pressured into the thought process that IC work is important, honestly it's not. God forbid if the WWE Network ever got off the ground we wouldn't have to sit through 12+ hours of wrestlers having conversations about who works out the best, and who's going to win a title, people would turn off within minutes. Just my opinion on IC work, it does nothing for me and adds no enrichment at the end of the day to my experience of the feds, if it works for you then, *shrugs* keep at it?
     
    Efed stuff that doesn't matter

    1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

    Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

    1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

    Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

    I lied, it matters.




    "Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.