Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: *Anime Thread*

About to start watching Desert Punk.

Looks like it could be a laugh. Has anyone seen Outlaw Star as i wanna know if its worth buying?

Hell yes, I used to watch Outlaw Star on Toonami like 12 years ago or something, I remember it being pretty awesome at the time.

Just had a major flashback of old animes that used to play on TV during my youth: DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, Evangelion, Outlaw Star, The Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Mezzo Forte, Gundam Wing, Bubblegum Crisis, Excel Saga, Arc The Lad, Guyver, Tokyo 2040, Gasaraki. Fucking hell, good times.

Yeah i brought Cowboy Bebop at Xmas. Still not got around to watching it.

That Berserk that i just finished was from the 90s. The final few episodes were excellent and i just found out that 3 films are due release over the next few years so good times.

Oh Jesus man, make Cowboy Bebop a high priority. It's such an awesome and effortlessly cool show, and it has some of the best music in an anime since probably Akira:

Yeah i was planning to watch it soon but im kinda geeting a bag together for CEX and im not sure ill wanna trade Bebop in.

That Desert Punk isnt what i expected though its very camp and cheesy with its humour. Its a very bizarre comedy and its well animated.

Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Macross Plus) has a new series coming out in April, and Yoko Kanno is doing the soundtrack again.

MY FUCKING FACE

Watching quite a few recently/

Kinda half watching that Desert Punk seems to have no main storyline just random stuff/

Ergo Proxy is another one but it started off like Blade Runner and has turned to some mindless jiberish which is a shame as the characters did seem half decent to start with.

Welcome to NHK this is pure awesome very funny and crazy about a NEET who and his pervy friend who create a guy game but there is alot more to it then that.

And i managed to finish

K-On seasons 1 and 2 - I loved the music to this but i am a J-Rock/Pop fan and the characters are likable i would recommend this to those who like Haruahi, Lucky Star and Azumanaga

Eden of the East again started off like something that it isnt. Its alot like Bourne Identity at the begining guy has lost his memory and has a few people try and kill him. Then it turns out he is part of a game where you have a certain amount of money to save the country if you run out of money you get killed. It is very good but kinda is predictable and wobbles off at the end. Have not seen the films yet which i suppose should conclude the storyline. It is defiantly worth the £5.50 you can get it for and is defiantly one of the most varied animes ive seen in terms of genres.

Ive also wacthed a few first episodes out there

Sacred Blacksmith - which seems abit dated and cheesy but only seen one episode.
    Planetes - Again no real plot so come in and out of.
    Moribito - From the studio of GIAC very good art work but story is quite bland.
    Spice and Wolf - decent enough but hasent really got going.

I also managed to watch Memories the 3 short films from different directors. I didnt think much of two of them but the Magnetic Rose was phenomenal a really good sci fi horror its only 40 minutes long so if your a fan of anime watch it because its amazing.

Detroit Metal City is absolutely hilarious, if you're into that kinda thing.

Decided earlier to go back and watch Pokemon from the start. The memories and nostalgia that it's bringing back is so awesome!

Finished Ergo Proxy sometime during the week, started off so promising first 2-3 episodes were mind blowing awesome. Then the incoherent crap that followed ruined the entire Anime series. Shame really had some decent characters and could of been something special.

And today i managed to Finally finish Welcome to the NHK very good anime series if not heavy going at times due to very suicidal over tones. It is a very good watch for those who like anime with alot of drama and comedy. I was surprised this wasnt an 18 because of all the adult content. But it is rather excellent(apart from the ending) so if you see it about for under £20 i recommend picking it up.