Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: *Anime Thread*

Can someone explain to me why Cowboy Bebop is so well-received as it it?
    Don't get me wrong I like the anime, not to mention the fucking awesome music, but what makes it so goddamn great to many people?

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Cowboy Bebop is so well-received as it it?
    Don't get me wrong I like the anime, not to mention the fucking awesome music, but what makes it so goddamn great to many people?
    It's the story man. It was so well developed and explained throughout the series and when you watch it again, the experience is exponentially greater. That's why I love it so much.

My favourite anime's are Deathnote, Full Metal alchemist, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Ghost Hunt and I've recently started watching High School Of The Dead. The Marvel comics anime for Iron Man and Wolverine are also pretty good.

EVA 3.0 trailer + release date revealed!

Blog Entries
    Started watching this anime called 'Baccano!'. I read about the plot line which says its about various groups of people such as alchemists, mafia, police in a fictional a,erican prohibition era told from multiple point of views.

-Plot: After watching the first ep, I'm not really sure what it's about nor do I know or understand who the main characters are, but the narration from a man and a girl talking about the events intrigues me. So I definetly will be watching rest of the episodes.
    -Animation is In a similar fashion to 'Death Note' it has a darkish type feel to it, everything is clear and fine lined.
    -Dub: Nothing bad to say, everything is fine
    -Music: Again comparing to Death Note, it's one of the highlights of the show
    Charcaters: Confused on who is who but in a good way, of course iv only seen 1 ep.

Anyways I have Netflix so il be watching this all week on IPad

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Blog Entries
    Plus, I love animes with guns, there aren't enough of them in my opinion.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Plus, I love animes with guns, there aren't enough of them in my opinion.
    So you like the anime gunplay? Watched the Trigun series yet? Very cartoony, but the story is pretty in depth, and the gunplay is what sets it apart from the Appleseeds and G.I.T.S. type shows. Very cool throwback to a "western" style setting with all the action a futuristic type series would ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I have watched a shitload of anime recently and the last one I watched was Toradora.
    I'm a little bit bummed that Takasu didn't end up with Minori, other wise the anime was fine. I really liked it.

Is anyone familiar with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Because I've taken a sudden notion to get into the show, but I have absolutely no clue which of the various "orders" I should be watching it in. (Wikipedia lists broadcast, chronological and DVD orders... not to mention the 28-episode rebroadcast order vs. seperating the newer episodes as "season 2")

Does the order matter to a new viewer? If so, which is best? Should I be downloading 14 episodes or 28?

Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    Is anyone familiar with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Because I've taken a sudden notion to get into the show, but I have absolutely no clue which of the various "orders" I should be watching it in. (Wikipedia lists broadcast, chronological and DVD orders... not to mention the 28-episode rebroadcast order vs. seperating the newer episodes as "season 2")

Does the order matter to a new viewer? If so, which is best? Should I be downloading 14 episodes or 28?
    I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that you should watch the short version. I was interested in that anime, until I went with GTO, so that one is on the backburner for now.