Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kofi/Ziggler

Normal Member
    Blog Entries

Kofi/Ziggler

On the main page is an article about Kofi feeling he is close to breaking into the main event. This topic does come up quite a bit to a mixed reaction.
    The way i see it, Kofi is the face equivalent of Dolph. the workhorse who goes out every night and puts on a good show. It seems that Ziggler gets a good backing from most of the IWC. I feel that the only reason for Kofi's lack of support is that he hasn't had much of a gimmick to play on and the way that creative uses him. He has been around a while now and just on work rate alone deserves a shot in the main event.
    What are everyone else's thoughts on what is holding Kofi back?

I'm not a big Ziggler fan but I don't think Kofi is anywhere near his level.

Kofi is a midcarder for life, has no charisma and has some good matches.
    6 months time him and Swagger will feud over the US title.

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen anything solid to suggest that Kofi is main event material.

Sure he showed glimpses of having something during his feud against Orton, and for a bit during his feud against Ziggler for the IC title. But other than that, the only thing he has going for him is that he's pretty decent in the ring and he can hit a few high spots.

Sure, I think perhaps he deserves a shot at the main event, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he has it in him to be a mainstay at the top of the company. Hopefully I'm proved wrong if he's ever given the chance.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    I'm not a big Ziggler fan but I don't think Kofi is anywhere near his level.

Kofi is a midcarder for life, has no charisma and has some good matches.
    6 months time him and Swagger will feud over the US title.
    Kofi never gets the opportunities to have decent matches like Ziggler. Ziggler does lose a lot but has good long matches every week. And i can't agree that he has no charisma, i feel its more that he's gotten stale and can't get the same reaction he used to.

I feel it is like what they need to do for cesaro, sandow, rhodes, kofi, barrett, ziggler, etc. Feature them more in world title matches. I dont care if they win or lose or if it is a one time thing, it can mean something. Seeing Cena vs Cody for the WWE Championship feels weird but fresh
    http://i.imgur.com/5pZdU5D.gif

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault View Post
    Kofi never gets the opportunities to have decent matches like Ziggler. Ziggler does lose a lot but has good long matches every week. And i can't agree that he has no charisma, i feel its more that he's gotten stale and can't get the same reaction he used to.
    Can't agree with the bolded. Kofi has had plenty of great matches in WWE. In fact most of them have been against Ziggler.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I haven't seen anything solid to suggest that Kofi is main event material.

Sure he showed glimpses of having something during his feud against Orton, and for a bit during his feud against Ziggler for the IC title. But other than that, the only thing he has going for him is that he's pretty decent in the ring and he can hit a few high spots.

Sure, I think perhaps he deserves a shot at the main event, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he has it in him to be a mainstay at the top of the company. Hopefully I'm proved wrong if he's ever given the chance.
    It always comes back to the Orton feud because he showed something he never had before and hasn't shown since. But honestly thas the last time he was given a real feud to work with. Since then he hasn't had a real feud that mattered. the only feuds are for the title, no personal feuds that bring us in and make us want to watch. That really comes down to creative. I guarantee put him in a feud that is personal and has some meaning to it and you will see a quality superstar.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Can't agree with the bolded. Kofi has had plenty of great matches in WWE. In fact most of them have been against Ziggler.
    I exaggerated saying never, but you can't say he gets the opportunity that Dolph gets. and to my point, you said matches with Dolph, so it becomes more about Dolph getting the air time rather than.his opponent.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_99 View Post
    I feel it is like what they need to do for cesaro, sandow, rhodes, kofi, barrett, ziggler, etc. Feature them more in world title matches. I dont care if they win or lose or if it is a one time thing, it can mean something. Seeing Cena vs Cody for the WWE Championship feels weird but fresh
    I like this, like when r-truth took on cena, he didn't even get his title match but he was made into a legitimate contender.

I think Kofi's only shot at the main event is going heel eventually & getting a mouthpiece.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA