Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    i think the draft is good but they need to have the brands be completely separate for the draft to matter. what i think would be big and could be very interesting is if they started from scratch, every superstar up for grabs and you draft your entire rosters. every superstar starts off as free agents then that week on raw and smackdown! you have the draft. covering every superstar then having a brand v brand story line to see whos better having superstars from each show occasionally screwing up matches on the rivals show ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcarms920 View Post
    they need to have the brands be completely separate for the draft to matter.
    This.

What's the point in having a Draft if half the time nobody sticks to the brand split?
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I am not a big fan of the WWE's draft. Its insulting really. This is one reason why some people will never take pro rasslin serious. The WWE is sports entertainment, not the NFL or NBA. The NFL draft means something every year and is an all day event. Unfortunately the WWE's draft means nothing. When injuries start piling up or when they are short on talent they move around different shows showing the fans the draft means nothing in the first place. If Vinny Mac wants to change the script he is going to. I'm all for changing things up to make a show fresh with talent facing different opponents but I feel that should be done in compelling storylines and not some fictitious draft that is only good for one thing, to fill in time for a 3 hour Raw.

U MAD???
    I'm with the Pisser here, the draft really doesn't mean much anyway because the brand split is a joke

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Blog Entries
    True, if they were to send Cena to Smackdown which wouldn't happen anyway, Cena would still show up on Raw!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    True, if they were to send Cena to Smackdown which wouldn't happen anyway, Cena would still show up on Raw!
    Thats how high WWE is on him.

why are we already posting on this the draft is still like 4 months away

Quote Originally Posted by SgtGohan View Post
    Speculation can occur in any time

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SgtGohan View Post
    during the Road to Wrestlemania the stars cross brand

it sort of tests out how these stars pan out on alternative brands

so it seems this post is right on the mark so to speak

Blog Entries
    I agree with IPITS that the draft isn't as good as it should be. I also would rather see 2 wrestlers battle it out for several months, and at the end have a PPV match where the loser must leave the brand, and then they can show up on the other brand as a surprise opponent for someone, or something.

As for what Bodom said, yes the wrestlers switch brands often. The Tagteam and Divas title holders are allowed to do so, since those titles are unified and are interbranded, but it seems nowadays that many others also jump ship for one reason or another. A few weeks ago, on the debut episode of Smackdown on USA network, the opening bout was The Miz vs Randy Orton. Thats the Raw main event, so why have it on Smackdown? Neither superstar was even on the Smackdown roster. The Nexus has showed up in the past whenever they want, which makes for a good plot(they take over the WWE, and take out anyone in their way), but they, and the unified title holders should be the only ones jumping shows.

As for my picks, which are realistic, and I'm sure are likely to happen:
    To Smackdown:
    *Wade Barett
    *DH Smith
    *Tyson Kidd
    *Eve
    *R Truth

To Raw:
    *Edge
    *Kelly Kelly
    *Drew
    *Curt Hawkins
    *Trent Baretta

Not yet complete.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    As for my picks, which are realistic, and I'm sure are likely to happen:
    To Smackdown:
    *Wade Barett
    *DH Smith
    *Tyson Kidd
    *Eve
    *R Truth

To Raw:
    *Edge
    *Kelly Kelly
    *Drew
    *Curt Hawkins
    *Trent Baretta

Not yet complete.
    Mhm I can only wonder what R-Truth would do at SD! without Morrison. I would love to see Sheamus in Smackdown carrying the WHC belt as Edge leaves.