Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Question The Straight Edge Issue

Not to disrespect the straight edge lifestyle - in fact I think there are far worse ways that a person could approach life, but I have an issue with it that I'd like to bring to discussion.

Caffeine. CM Punk is notoriously proud of his like for Pepsi, so much so that he has the Pepsi logo tattooed on himself. Still - there are worse things than a bit of caffeine. But it is still classified as a drug - It's a stimulant.

As someone who has had experience within rehab facilities and 12 step programs, I have witnessed people use caffeine as a substitute in place of other addictions. I mean those guys drink a LOT of coffee! And believe me, it certainly affects peoples moods.

So, my question is this- what do you think of CM Punk's advocacy of caffeine use and where do we draw the line? Caffeine is ok but cigarettes are bad? Cigarettes ok but alcohol bad? Alcohol ok but drugs are bad(m'kay)? Some drugs are ok but others are bad?

In the end is it just the right to choose for oneself and be free to do so? We will never escape the judgements and opinions of others as there will always be those who refuse to keep theirs to themself. (For the record I am not commenting on any of Punk's comments made during WWE storylines)

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    To me, its where you draw the line on drugs. If you start doing needle drugs, then thats going too far.

In no way do I support alcohol abuse(I got alcohol poisoning before, and have taken it easier after that, so I know what I'm talking about), or drug abuse, but I think that coffee and paracetamol are okay in small amounts. Too much of them can harm you, but a limited amount is okay.

Doing drugs is not only addictive, but harmful to your health, so I'm against those, but they aeren't as dangerous and addictive as needle drugs. Once your'e on those, rehab fails most of the time, and your'e a lost cause.

As for Punk, I'm sure even he takes a paracetamol when hes got a headache or something. Its not that bad.

Caffeine free FTW
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Moderation.

It would take a while to, individually, list the things I have taken that could be described as drugs.

And I haven't turned out that bad ; )

All jokes aside, I've often thought about the fact that Punk is a "Pepsi Adict", yet claims to live a drug free life. Granted it's no-where near as harmful as "proper" drugs and alcohol but it is still, essentially, a fix!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Moderation.

It would take a while to, individually, list the things I have taken that could be described as drugs.

And I haven't turned out that bad ; )

All jokes aside, I've often thought about the fact that Punk is a "Pepsi Adict", yet claims to live a drug free life. Granted it's no-where near as harmful as "proper" drugs and alcohol but it is still, essentially, a fix!
    Lol give the guy he break! He doesn't drink anything alcoholic! He deserves Pepsi.

Blog Entries
    Not sure what your definition of needle drugs is Brownie, since some of those substances can be snorted or smoked! I think maybe you mean chemicals as opposed to herbs?

I'm not saying Punk + Pepsi is wrong at all. I'd say practically everyone has an addiction of some kind, be it relationships, sex, masturbation, peeing in the shower....

Not sure what your definition of needle drugs is Brownie, since some of those substances can be snorted or smoked! I think maybe you mean chemicals as opposed to herbs?

I'm not saying Punk + Pepsi is wrong at all. I'd say practically everyone has an addiction of some kind, be it relationships, sex, masturbation, peeing in the shower....
    or Vickie Guerrero.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries

Needle drugs that aeren't prescribed, but are taken as a "pick me up". Just for a kick etc. those kinds of needle drugs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    or Vickie Guerrero.
    Touché!

Soda is worse for a person's body than marijuana, yet they have machines that dispense the stuff inside of schools and hospitals. What's wrong with that picture?

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5