View Poll Results: Which rivalry was better?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Undertaker vs Mankind

5 50.00%
  • Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which rivalry was better: Undertaker-Mankind or Kurt Angle-Brock Lesnar?

Hey everybody, back again with the first match-up of the Greatest Rivalries and Feuds tournament, and I wanted to start off with a match-up that almost all of us already know. Just so everyone knows, for each of these new threads, I will be posting either a great promo, match, video package, etc for each rivalry for your viewing pleasure. As I've said before, I think what makes this particular tournament great is that it's mostly opinion based. Everyone has a different opinion on what the most important things are about any given rivalry, and if were all civil (like I anticipate) these thread can make for some very interesting discussions.

Right here is a highlight reel of what is undoubtedly Taker/Mankind's most memorable of moments. I would have posted the whole match, but the WWE removed it from youtube/dailymotion/other video sights, so this is the best I could come up with on short notice:

Here is a video package of Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar's epic match they had at Wrestlemania 19. I think it was probably the best promo they had personally:

For me, this is how the match-up goes:

Wrestling edge: Angle vs. Lesnar. Mankind and Taker certainly had some great matches, but c'mon it's Angle v Lesnar

Promo edge: Angle vs. Lesnar. Mankind is one of the greatest ever on the mic, but their storylines were, although entertaining, mostly simplistic and one dimensional. This may be biased, but I thought what Heyman was doing for Smackdown at the time of Angle/Lesnar's rivalry was brilliant personally.

Longevity: Mankind vs. Undertaker. I believe their rivalry lasted longer if I'm not mistaken and they had more singles matches against each other.

"Holy Shit" Moments: Mankind vs Undertaker. The violence that those two inflicted on each other was legendary. There were so many spots in those matches that it really took the game to a whole other level.

Overall: Lesnar vs. Angle. This one was close, but I'm an old-school technical wrestling kind of guy, and Angle and Lesnar were elite technical wrestlers.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

I based this vote on the OMG moment and was about to vote mankind taker but then i remembered Brock going "air Bourne" and how i marked over it like a Kid over supercena
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

Blog Entries
    As crazy as Taker vs Mankind was, you have to go for Angle vs Lesnar. 2 sound technical guys (the most technical in Angle) going at it was always going to end up with awesome matches. And even though the match at Mania resulted in a huge botch on Lesnar's part, I'm ignoring that, as we all know he could hit it as good as Bourne can.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn this is a tough one to kick things off.

The style of wrestling showcased in the Brock v Kurt was on another level to almost any (not all) rivalry WWE has put out, and the fact that Heyman and TWGTT were in the mix only helped things along.

But having followed the Taker v Mankind Feud from the beginning, I have to say that it's one of the greatest rivalries of our time! Taker was floundering against some real Duds before Foley came along. This war of atrition between two of wrestlings greatest ever persona's was a breath of fresh air, and the quality of Takers matches, instantly, improved.

The fact that Mankind went over Mean Mark was a huge deal back then as well. The Hell in a cell match they had is the tide turner in this one.

Mankind v The Undertaker takes it for me.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Blog Entries
    Mankind vs. Taker FTW!

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Mankind vs. Taker FTW!
    I'm not one who usually enjoys spotfests but when they are that epic I gotta go with Rich and say 'Taker-Mankind.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Blog Entries
    This has to go to........................Taker vs Mankind!

I just loved their fued, and the crazy matches they had. The hell in the cell match was the cherry on top of their amazing fued, and gave birth to the most insane moment in WWE- when Taker threw Mankind off the cell.

Come on guys, vote for Taker vs Mankind!

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thejman93 View Post
    I'm not one who usually enjoys spotfests but when they are that epic I gotta go with Rich and say 'Taker-Mankind.
    I wouldn't say that their matches were spotfests. They were wild brawls with crazy spots thrown in.... Their boiler room brawl was like one long Hollywood fight scene! Brutal!!!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Dammit I am in one hell of a conundrum here. The poll is closed but it ended in a draw, I don't know what to do except to advance both parties.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xStraightxEdgexSaviorx View Post
    Dammit I am in one hell of a conundrum here. The poll is closed but it ended in a draw, I don't know what to do except to advance both parties.
    Dude your poll threads are awesome! Too bad they keep ending in draws lol.