Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    I don't understand

    I don't understand why the Rock and John Cena need the belt for their feud. I am not really a big Rock fan at all, I do find him entertaining for the most part though. I like John Cena overall, and the feud as a whole I am enjoying, but that brings me to my point. I don't understand why this feud needs the WWE title, at all, this is more of a feud about John wanting to prove he can beat the rock and gain redemption from his lose, and the rock porve that he is better than cena, its personal and a professional feud, just not about the tittle. I maybe wrong but I don't think either one has even mentioned the tittle at all, like I said I wanna see the feud, I just think they should have left the belt on punk or have someone else beat punk for it, because Rocky does not need it, nor does cena

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Black Ninja! BennyTheBall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,325
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenone View Post
    I don't understand why the Rock and John Cena need the belt for their feud. I am not really a big Rock fan at all, I do find him entertaining for the most part though. I like John Cena overall, and the feud as a whole I am enjoying, but that brings me to my point. I don't understand why this feud needs the WWE title, at all, this is more of a feud about John wanting to prove he can beat the rock and gain redemption from his lose, and the rock porve that he is better than cena, its personal and a professional feud, just not about the tittle. I maybe wrong but I don't think either one has even mentioned the tittle at all, like I said I wanna see the feud, I just think they should have left the belt on punk or have someone else beat punk for it, because Rocky does not need it, nor does cena

    Thoughts?
    I'm a bit bewildered on how you can enjoy a feud that really hasn't started yet (not in a noticeable way, at least).

    Putting the strap on one of those two brings the WWE back into focus. CM Punk was never the mould and while he has made strides in making a change, the title was always going to fall back on to someone who fits what JR calls the "8x10 mould".

    Putting the title in the scene of what are arguably the two biggest stars in the WWE will regain the focus on the belt (which, while Punk was champ, has played second fiddle for most of the year).


    Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

    ...and then steal your girl!

    #BennysTeddy

     

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    I'm a bit bewildered on how you can enjoy a feud that really hasn't started yet (not in a noticeable way, at least).

    Putting the strap on one of those two brings the WWE back into focus. CM Punk was never the mould and while he has made strides in making a change, the title was always going to fall back on to someone who fits what JR calls the "8x10 mould".

    Putting the title in the scene of what are arguably the two biggest stars in the WWE will regain the focus on the belt (which, while Punk was champ, has played second fiddle for most of the year).
    The feud started over a year ago hahha...

  4. #4
    Black Ninja! BennyTheBall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,325
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenone View Post
    The feud started over a year ago hahha...
    The Undertaker and CM Punk started about three years ago, and yet I would consider this run to be a seperate feud. But if you have been enjoying this feud for the last twelve months, what exactly have you been enjoying?

    Rock not being there?
    Cena fighting Ziggler?
    Cena Fighting Lesnar?
    Cena fighting The Shield?
    Cena fighting Punk?
    Cena barely mentioning The Rock's existence between Summerslam and Royal Rumble?

    Actually, thinking it through, that there is the hottest feud of all time.


    Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

    ...and then steal your girl!

    #BennysTeddy

     

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    The Undertaker and CM Punk started about three years ago, and yet I would consider this run to be a seperate feud. But if you have been enjoying this feud for the last twelve months, what exactly have you been enjoying?

    Rock not being there?
    Cena fighting Ziggler?
    Cena Fighting Lesnar?
    Cena fighting The Shield?
    Cena fighting Punk?
    Cena barely mentioning The Rock's existence between Summerslam and Royal Rumble?

    Actually, thinking it through, that there is the hottest feud of all time.

    the rock cena feud picked up right where it left off, taker and punk feud has nothing to do with their past one. You must watch a different show then I do if you think that. Yes I have been enjoying cena and punk, and about everything you have said, you see I like wrestling or what ever you want to label it as, oh you must be one of the people who hate everything yet watch every night right? and im not saying this feud is amazing, I said I am enjoying it, but you clearly just want to throw stones around in hopes of starting a argument for some petty reason, you have nothing to say about my post, yet you comment here for what reason?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenone View Post
    the rock cena feud picked up right where it left off, taker and punk feud has nothing to do with their past one. You must watch a different show then I do if you think that. Yes I have been enjoying cena and punk, and about everything you have said, you see I like wrestling or what ever you want to label it as, oh you must be one of the people who hate everything yet watch every night right? and im not saying this feud is amazing, I said I am enjoying it, but you clearly just want to throw stones around in hopes of starting a argument for some petty reason, you have nothing to say about my post, yet you comment here for what reason?

  7. #7
    Black Ninja! BennyTheBall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,325
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenone View Post
    the rock cena feud picked up right where it left off, taker and punk feud has nothing to do with their past one. You must watch a different show then I do if you think that. Yes I have been enjoying cena and punk, and about everything you have said, you see I like wrestling or what ever you want to label it as, oh you must be one of the people who hate everything yet watch every night right? and im not saying this feud is amazing, I said I am enjoying it, but you clearly just want to throw stones around in hopes of starting a argument for some petty reason, you have nothing to say about my post, yet you comment here for what reason?
    I did respond to your point in my first reply. Have a read.

    I actually enjoy the WWE product, always have done and probably always will. There are aspects of it that annoy and frustrate me, but that is the same with any form of entertainment.

    I'm not starting an argument, I am challenging your views which forms the basis of a conversation (and, would you have it, the foundations on what an online forum is created on).


    Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

    ...and then steal your girl!

    #BennysTeddy

     

  8. #8
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6
    The Rock/Cena did NOT pick up where it left off. When it left off, Rock was a heelish tweener. When it reignited, he was definitely a face. And besides, it's more of a rivalry than a feud.

    Having this rivalry now revolve around the WWE title was the best logical way to elevate it's importance, raise the stakes and give it another dimension entirely. No, it didn't need it. But here we are. Because WWE is interested in sure fire solutions over haphazard maybes.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.