Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dolph's Direction to Mania

I find myself analyzing the direction of Dolph heading toward Mania every Tuesday morning. This thread will be more of a (hopefully fun) prediction than anything else.

So I've previously thought that Jericho was a top candidate for Ziggs, once he didn't cash at the Chamber. Than I thought we might have gotten Ziggler vs Miz. But, as seen on Raw it looks like Jericho and Miz are tied up in the IC Title picture. Sooo,

Dolph and Daniel Bryan have had interactions on two consecutive shows - Fridays Smackdown, and Mondays Raw. DB has a lot of history with AJ, and the two could certainly put on an amazing match. If DB wasn't a tag team champ, I would say this singles match was a no-brainer, but he is. Let's, for the sake of this discussion, assume that it will be DB vs Ziggler despite DB being TTC. I have read theories that, if this match takes place, AJ and Big E will screw over Dolph at Mania. This would be AJs elaborate way of getting back in Daniel's good graces. Here's what I'd love to see:

Dolph vs DB at Mania. AJ and Big E screw over Dolph after a lengthy awesome match, leaving him alone in the ring with his briefcase. Fast forward to Del Rio vs Swagger, match ends, Ziggler's music hits. He cashes in on his own and he wins. Michael Cole, "Dolph Ziggler lost his match, his girlfriend, and left with the biggest prize of his career!" Although he would pin Del Rio, I don't see how this wouldn't be a form of a face turn. With a big 'wrestling smart/international' crowd in the NYC/NJ area at Mania, I can't imagine the crowd wouldn't erupt for this. Ole El T Draino certainly will! ALL HAIL THE HEEL! Cue the jokes, I deserve them.

Thoughts?

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Im predicting Ziggler & Big E vs Hell No for the tag titles at mania

Unless creative plans on having Miz win the IC title, or Ziggler cashing in, it'll probably be:

Ziggler vs. Miz in a last minute filler match that won't be announced until a week before the PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    Unless creative plans on having Miz win the IC title, or Ziggler cashing in, it'll probably be:

Ziggler vs. Miz in a last minute filler match that won't be announced until a week before the PPV.
    Ha, it would really be a shame to make that a last minute match. Those two have good in-ring chemistry and have even shown some serious fire on the mic when facing off. They had a little 2 week program on Main Event a few months back that was really awesome. If they are going to have those two fight, they should give it a storyline. Should.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by TomJarvis100 View Post
    Im predicting Ziggler & Big E vs Hell No for the tag titles at mania
    That actually would make sense. AJ has history with Kane and DB, and Big E just crushed Bryan on Raw. Ugh. I would be saddened by this. The Tag Titles have been rendered more meaningless than ever in recent months. If Dolph got the Tag Title, that would surely prolong his cashing even longer. Why can't he get an effing singles match at Mania?? Good lord. I'd rather see Rhode Scholars or The NAO with the tag titles honestly, it's all a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    Ha, it would really be a shame to make that a last minute match. Those two have good in-ring chemistry and have even shown some serious fire on the mic when facing off. They had a little 2 week program on Main Event a few months back that was really awesome. If they are going to have those two fight, they should give it a storyline. Should.
    The problem is that there's no way of making it a storyline / feud.

The Miz's Road to WrestleMania is directionless is because he's leaving next month shoot another movie. Whatever he's doing at the PPV has to be a one-off deal before he takes the time off.

Ziggler is going to continue to be directionless until he cashes in, so it makes sense for both men to just have a "bonus" match at Mania.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 03-12-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    The problem is that there's no way of making it a storyline / feud.

Have Ziggler injure him thus meaning he has the time off for the movie, and heat between the two on his return?
    Last edited by rossmiller84; 03-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.

I still think Ziggler is going to cash in on the WH Champion at WM.

I have no idea what they are gonna do with Dolph right now for WM.

IMO he is not going to cash in at WM. They have taken too much time building Jack and Zeb, to just have Dolph cash in.

I always thought the the MITB winner had until WM to cash in, but apparently that rule has changed. I believe it was RAW from a couple of weeks ago when Cole, I think, said something like Dolph had until June or July to cash in.

Prediction....Jack wins, Dolph cashes in before July for a much needed fresh face turn.

I thought it said 'One Direction to Mania' At a glance.

He'll have a good match with someone, probably team 1 v team 2 or something like that.
    Cash in on Del Rio in the WHC match and then he'll start winning matches.