Blog Entries

The Future Of The WWE Tag-Team Division

Hey Guys & Dolls ,

I posted a blog yesterday revealing my ideal Wrestlemania XXX card. Check it out if you wish .
    It got me thinking, that gives the WWE a full year to introduce some new tag-teams that could take the division by storm.
    Let's have a look at the current tag-teams in the WWE:

Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan & Kane) - WWE Tag-Team Champions
    Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow)
    The Uso's (Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso)
    Primo & Epico w/Rosa Mendes
    The PrimeTime Playa's (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil)
    Brodus Clay & Tensai
    The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns)

With the exception of The Shield, none of these are necessary 'bad' tag-teams, but in my opinion most lack that aura of feeling like a REAL tag-team.
    Daniel Bryan is the best technical wrestler within the WWE today and deserves a run of singles matches with the Intercontinental Championship. Cody Rhodes has similar attributes. Primo, Epico & Rosa have good chemistry and are different but lack charisma. Same with PTP. I LOVE The Uso's as a tag-team! They have a brilliant entrance, great in-ring chemistry but are lacking the opportunities to get over.

With all that being said, let's look at future tag-teams that could be making their way towards a roster spot.

British Ambition (Adrian Neville/Pac & Oliver Grey) - NXT Tag-Team Champions
    The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan w/Bray Wyatt)

Potential Tag-Teams:

The Kings Of Wrestling (Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno - Formerly Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero)
    The Briscoe Brothers (Mark Briscoe & Jay Briscoe)
    Wrestling's Greatest Tag-Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)

For those of you that haven't checked out British Ambition, go do it! Great Chemistry, wrestling ability and charisma!
    Also, The Wyatt Family, particularly Bray Wyatt, are a charismatic team.
    Don't think it will happen, but I LOVED the KOW when they were in ROH. Both are in WWE now so you never know?
    The Briscoe Brother's are probably the best tag-team in the USA today and have been around for ages. Have been linked with a move to the WWE in the past, so a possibility.
    Shelton Benjamin has been linked with a move back to the WWE for a long time and although he could be great as a singles wrestler, I wouldn't mind seeing TWGTT back!

Also, to promote these new teams with a bang, this is the match I would book at next years Wrestlemania with the right bookings and signings:

TLC IV: World Tag-Team Championships
    The Shield (Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins) Vs British Ambition (Adrian Neville/Pac & Oliver Grey) w/Nigel McGuiness Vs The KOW (Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno) Vs The Briscoe Brothers (Mark Briscoe & Jay Briscoe)

Bang!

What do you think?

with all the new talent I don't think bringing in more NXT Talent is an option. the roster is to big as it is. (But i must admit I like to see bray Wayt on the roster)

I think there is potential in the low card division.
    gabriel and heath slater or tyson kidd (when he comes back)
    zack ryder and curt hawkings
    mizz and alex riley
    perhaps dibiasi can reform legacy with cody

most of these men do also have a contract and aren't used,

Normal Member
    I know it’s been done before (and in wwe 12) but I would love a "British manors" faction with Barret, Pac, Grey and regal.

Could feud with sheamus and a Face Drew McIntyre! (Celtic Connection??)

Like the old team of Barret And McIntyre as well in FCW, think it was called The Empire?

The amount of YES! chants that would be heard worldwide of KOW reunited would be unlimited. I would love to see it!!