Thread: TNA PPV Booking

Normal Member

TNA PPV Booking

Hello just wondered what your thoughts are on this. Ive noticed this a lot on recent TNA PPVs and i dont understand why.

For instance at Lockdown we had the triple threat x division match. Joesph Park Vs Joey Ryan

How come TNA add matches without any build up or feuds. Ive noticed this a bit, people who aint been on TV for weeks suddenly turn up on PPV in matches with no real build up or hype

How are fans supposed to get behind either one of the wrestlers or be bothered if there is no real reason for the match?

Seems like TNA just throw random wrestlers in random matches for the sake of it so it doesnt make sense.

Lockdown had a Knockouts match / World Title Match / Lethal Lockdown / Tag Titles matches, which all had build up and hype for their feuds...

Thoughts?
    'When I die it will be in this ring, or on top of a wild woman, i'll go either way'

Quote Originally Posted by mrfunk View Post
    Hello just wondered what your thoughts are on this. Ive noticed this a lot on recent TNA PPVs and i dont understand why.

For instance at Lockdown we had the triple threat x division match. Joesph Park Vs Joey Ryan

How come TNA add matches without any build up or feuds. Ive noticed this a bit, people who aint been on TV for weeks suddenly turn up on PPV in matches with no real build up or hype

How are fans supposed to get behind either one of the wrestlers or be bothered if there is no real reason for the match?

Seems like TNA just throw random wrestlers in random matches for the sake of it so it doesnt make sense.

Lockdown had a Knockouts match / World Title Match / Lethal Lockdown / Tag Titles matches, which all had build up and hype for their feuds...

Thoughts?
    We have been asking this of TNA (and even WWE) for quite sometime now. I don't get it either.

I don't know how people say the X-Division title match was out of no where. Kenny King had unfinished business with both Zema Ion and Christian York.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Blog Entries
    WWE likes to throw the random match on their PPV with out it being advertised.... TNA might throw their random match the last show before the PPV..
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I expect this to be the last time this is going to happen. Kenny King had beef with Christian York and Zema Ion but it was never expanded on for weeks so that's not a build to a show. The next pay per view is not until June 2nd so we should not only see build to feuds but some long term epic builds to feuds. It's only going to improve TNA and give the writers a bit of a break knowing they can play the long game with feuds and the PPVs to be the more final place to end them.

i thought all ppvs had like 4 main feuds and like 2 or 3 last minute matches

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    i thought all ppvs had like 4 main feuds and like 2 or 3 last minute matches
    That's true and why (for example) a match like Park vs Ryan needs a build up

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    If you think about it TNA only really have 2 hours a week of of TV so they need to spend most of the time building the main matches that poeple are actually interested in. Not everyone can be on TV every week