Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fresh Member

Its that time of year again. Who's gonna get the big pushes?

With the Rumble approaching, Wrestlemania just around the corner, and the money in the bank match, obviously someone is going to have to get "big push." I say that in light of the recent pushes of stars such as John Morrison and Alberto Del Rio. Question is, will they be the ones to get the big push since their push is happening now, or will it be another star who gets the push? I'm just going to look at a few possibilities as to who may get that "big push" during the next 2 and a half months.

1. Ted DiBiase - The name says it all. Wrestling Royalty. Ted DiBiase is one of the most under-rated talents in the WWE today. He gets no heat, even though he's supposed to be a heel. He wrestles matches against the clown of the WWE, Santino, who is nothing but Doink the Clown sans face paint and a poorly designed 15 Dollar Wal-Mart wig. It's all in the way he is being presented to the crowd. You can tell DiBiase is not happy when you see his matches that last 3 minutes, his interviews that are plagued by the stunting talk of Maryse. I think WWE will look to repackage DiBiase in 2011, and the most likely time seems to be at The Royal Rumble. I feel it would drive more ego into the character, and cause giant heat for him. All the pieces are there, this one seems to be a lock.

2. Justin Gabriel - Okay, that one is going to draw some negative reactions I'm sure. But I've seen this guy wrestle in person, and believe me, he's Rob Van Dam in a younger age. This guy would fit perfectly in the X-Division in TNA, or a Cruiserweight division if the WWE still had one. I'm not saying he's going to become the WWE Champ in 4 months, but now that he has presumably left the Nexus, he's going to get a chance to shine as a solo competitor. WWE has a history of not pushing the smaller guy, and i don't expect much of a push to Gabriel, but he's got a bigger frame than Evan Bourne, and has the same wrestling style. Am i the only one or do i feel like a fued between the two could really Re-Dignify the Intercontinental Title or United States Title?

3. John Morrison - Perosonally, it was hard to put him on this list. He's already receiving a push, but I think a WWE Championship is still a little ways off for Morrison. It feels like what the WWE did with Jeff Hardy, kept teasing the fans with a small push, and then almost a year later, he finally grabbed the gold. I do expect a Morrison title reign sometime in the later part of the year, however, I believe it will be a short title run designed to be a bit of a test to see how the fans re-act, and if he can improve his mic skills and promo's a little bit. He does have some glaring flaws in his presentation, but its his wrestling skill that will propel this guy to the top of the WWE by the end of the year.

Well there you have it, 3 of my predictions for the biggest pushes of the year. There are a few names I would've loved to have on the list, but had to keep out for one reason or another. It's a real bummer that WWE won't give guys like Daniel Bryan the big push. Nevertheless, comments are welcome.

Blog Entries
    Del Rio and Morrison almost seem a lock for World/WWE Champion. Ziggler and Barrett are also very likely (more so Barrett). Bryan will get a push imo, but that doesnt mean World Champion, I can see him being part of a multi champion match, possible Elimination Chamber or a Scramble match lster in the year after his US reign is over.

I think what they should do with JoMo is that they need to let him be in mic more so he can get better at it then let him win the money in the bank and cash it in who ever is champion at the time.

I think Jo-Mo definitely will get his push this year, but i think alot of guys are gonna be pushed this year i can see the WWE pushing Jo-Mo, Del Rio, Ziggler, Dibiasie, Mcintyre, Rhodes i think the WWE is finally gonna build new stars and take the spot light off of SuperCENA, RKO and HHH and give it to some new people which is long over due

Banned
    Well i think the next person who deserve and should get a push should be kofi kingston i think he proved himself many times especially when he had the feud with orton i think kofi kingston has the mic and in ring skills to become the next big thing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearvoices View Post
    Well i think the next person who deserve and should get a push should be kofi kingston i think he proved himself many times especially when he had the feud with orton i think kofi kingston has the mic and in ring skills to become the next big thing
    I think WWE has decided to keep Kofi in the mid-card level, which is a shame. I would love to see Christian in the main event and hold the World title, but I doubt that will happen to.

I think they should give the belt to Cena, or Randy Orton is really good

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    its obvious who they are doing it too
    morrison ziggler drew and...alberto del rio
    there will be a point thought where both ziggler and morrison or miz will be champs of each brand
    i can feel it

Blog Entries
    ADR FTW! 10 carots

i really dont agree on ted, i'd rather have rhodes to be honest. ted is as bland as it gets, his mic skills are average and so are his in ring skills. he is just meeeh. unless he somehow shows me what he's got im giving the thumbs down to ted.