Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm beginning to feel like a wimp.

People have always found it awkward when I visit their house for dinner, as I don't eat meat, and it usually eneds up messing up their plans. Recently I also discovered that I'm lactose intolerant, which, while making me sounding extremely gay, also stops me from consuming dairiy! I always thought people were either born with it, or they're not. But for the last few weeks whenever I'e had a cup of coffee or tea, or anything with milk in, its completely ruined my day. I didn't connect the dots until last week, at which point I consulted my doctor, and he said that I have "become" lactose intolerant. What the hell? No girl will go for someone with the diet of a ballet dancer, surely!

Anyone else got anything like that they'd like to add?
    If I can be serious for a minute..

EWNCW - E Wrestling News Championship Wrestling

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    My soccer loving friend, IPEEINTHESHOWER feels your pain as I am also lactose intolerant. I was born with it, I couldn't even enjoy So instead of milk, I drink alcoholic beverages. I'm also trying to become vegetarian but my love for beef jerky and
    is not helping at all.

I just wish everyone would watch this and lets try to change the world for the better. Animals need our voice.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2964130308142#

You've obviously dealt with the problem for a while, then. Other than alcohol (or fucking soya milk) got any substitutes for the protein and calcium milk has to offer?

Ever tried Lactaid?
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Ever tried Lactaid?
    Never heard of it. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Splattered-Dreams View Post
    Never heard of it. What is it?
    Milk that people who are lactose intolerant can drink
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Milk that people who are lactose intolerant can drink
    It can't be any worse than soya milk. I'll give it a go, thanks!

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splattered-Dreams View Post
    You've obviously dealt with the problem for a while, then. Other than alcohol (or fucking soya milk) got any substitutes for the protein and calcium milk has to offer?
    I found that cheese doesn't bother me, not a lot of lactose in cheese. I'm not a fan of milk in general, but I have tried rice milk, it's better than soy milk. Ice cream is awesome but I always take an lactaid before eating, or you know what will happen, and its not pretty. I'm pretty lucky the grocery stores around me have a wide range of lactose free food. My doctor said to try to gradually add real milk (2oz) to my diet so my body will become use to it but I have tried and the result is always the same, not good. Some people can build up their level of tolerance by gradually introducing the lactose-containing foods but it hasn't worked for me, maybe it will with you.

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    I found that cheese doesn't bother me, not a lot of lactose in cheese. I'm not a fan of milk in general, but I have tried rice milk, it's better than soy milk. Ice cream is awesome but I always take an lactaid before eating, or you know what will happen, and its not pretty. I'm pretty lucky the grocery stores around me have a wide range of lactose free food. My doctor said to try to gradually add real milk (2oz) to my diet so my body will become use to it but I have tried and the result is always the same, not good. Some people can build up their level of tolerance by gradually introducing the lactose-containing foods but it hasn't worked for me, maybe it will with you.
    Thanks for your help. I'm not sure if gradually introducing it will help - As I wasnt born with it, the intolerance is just kicking in really. Doctor said I should avoid anything dairy for at least three months, just to see if I feel better or not.

I've never liked milk really anyway, so when I did have it I guess my body wasn;t used to it and it had real trouble digesting it

Blog Entries
    Aaaahhh, Splattered don't sweat it. Just another one of life's great little surprises that comes up from time to time. The worst part is when your body starts changing things on you!