Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    I blame batman for being such a badass.
    Yeah, that too.

It shows that they can't write a story that people want to see. Dead Man Down looked like a good film but it turned out to be a typical action/thriller coupled with the usual scenes to keep viewers interested. WWE Studios haven't had a hit since The Condemned and that remains there only hit.

I doubt they'll end it, completely. They might back some movies, get their superstars in them, but as far as going out and producing the movies themselves? Nah.

DMD was directed by the guy who did The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and written by Someone else, I think WWE just backed the movie anyway and it didn't take off.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

The problem with WWE studios is they have crappy writers and use Wrestlers that can't act. Honestly John Cena is awful and Ted dibiase is even worse.

I hope to god that they don't close because I would love to work there in a few years (I'm a film student) It's been somewhere I have wanted to work for years but they seem to employ people that have no idea what they are doing, I honestly can't think of one decent WWE studio film and I've watched most of them.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    The problem with WWE studios is they have crappy writers and use Wrestlers that can't act. Honestly John Cena is awful and Ted dibiase is even worse.

I hope to god that they don't close because I would love to work there in a few years (I'm a film student) It's been somewhere I have wanted to work for years but they seem to employ people that have no idea what they are doing, I honestly can't think of one decent WWE studio film and I've watched most of them.
    The Condemed was ok, IMO.

Everything else? Forgettable bargain bin garbage. Even the few I like.

That and they probably should have used a diffrent name other than WWE studios. Unfortunately there is a stigma that comes along with the wrestling industry. About 300,000,000 people live in this country alone (probably more), and about 10,000,000 watch wrestling( just guessing from weekly ratings among others). While a good portion of the rest look down on the wrestling as though its still quoted by Kevin Nash as "Memphis" They started off great with "See No Evil" They should have stuck with the horror genre, in my opinion. Plus they should have put their wrestlers through the casting process. I bet non of these guys even auditioned to see if they could act. It's all tragic really, but that's the business in movies, it's all a gamble in the end.

Blog Entries
    WWE studios are releasing a film next week starring Halle Berry? Then there's no hope for them in the box office and should just give up as a whole.

Blog Entries
    Nothing of value will be lost really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    I hope this is the wake up call that tells them no one wants you to be anything but a wrestling company and they start focusing on their stories and in ring product rather than treat it like an afterthought
    Just fyi, there's different creative writers involved on the studio side of the business. There's a team that merely work on the studio side of things that won't ever interact with the TV side of things. So i don't see how no studios would wake up people that aren't involved in that process?

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

i'm pretty sure wwe didn't put up all the money for the movie. maybe like 25% to 50%. with dvd sales later and stuff. wwe will only lose a few million. what they need to do is stick to the straight to dvd stuff. wwe knows how to sell dvds.