Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    What is needed is Paul Heyman and Jake "The Snake" Roberts as HEAD bookers.... those two in my mind are the best wrestling minds to exist.
    This comment is
    APPROVED!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil Chandwani View Post
    As I watch old school WWE videos on YouTube, I realized just how much I miss the beautiful past. The time where the WWF pushed the envelope as far as what they could get away with on TV.

With the PG rating taking affect lately, we've had to sit through all the changes. Gone were the blood scenes, extreme action, and the adult-suggested actions. Instead, we see matches stopped due to an open wound, five-second delays on live promos, and a tamer set of matches in the ring.

Enough!

Let's get back to the mayhem most of us craved on Monday and Friday nights. Let's get back to pushing the envelope to the point where it was going to shred to pieces. Bring back the hardcore matches, weapons, the violence that made wrestling a household name for years. Bring back bra and panties, the women mixing it up in the ring with the men, the adult situations that we laughed at backstage.

It's what needed. Let's face, how much more of the boring monotony can we take? Each week, it's becoming predictable of what will happen on either RAW or SmackDown. The fans are wanting to see more happen, both live and on TV. CM Punk's promo was just the beginning, but it pretty much stopped there. There's no true excitement, no real drama. When you see ratings drop, you know something must be done.

I can only hope these changes come soon for the WWE. Otherwise, it'll be WCW all over again, this time without anyone to buy them out.
    Thoughts?
    what puzzles me about this whole thing is fans continue to get mad about it, when they could simply start watching TNA wrestling which is TV 14 and has most of the kind of angles that the attitude era had, WWE is going to change anytime soon. Get used to the PG style or watch TNA wrestling

Its nothing to do with PG, its just the times have changed, Type on youtube "Jerry Lawler brutal promo" he calls goldust a flaming fag and yes it was PG then too, if they did this now they would be off the air or would have gay and lesbian rights activists marching to titan towers. More examples i think of a change in times is cartoons for kids, i grew up on seeing he-man hacking dragons heads off and conan the barbarian also, now my cousin who is 5 would probably have nightmares if he seen it, There are examples everywhere of the world pussying up i cant thin of a better term for it, its not just WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlinfan608 View Post
    what puzzles me about this whole thing is fans continue to get mad about it, when they could simply start watching TNA wrestling which is TV 14 and has most of the kind of angles that the attitude era had, WWE is going to change anytime soon. Get used to the PG style or watch TNA wrestling
    comparing TNA and WWF ....bad move
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    comparing TNA and WWF ....bad move
    how did I "compare" TNA and WWE ? Actually, If anything, I pointed out the things that make them different.

All I said was if you don't like PG Wrestling quit complaining about it and watch TNA instead. How is that comparing?
    and why is that a "bad move"? what am I going to get "reprimanded" for doing so? LMAO

Blog Entries
    how did I "compare" TNA and WWE ? Actually, If anything, I pointed out the things that make them different.

All I said was if you don't like PG Wrestling quit complaining about it and watch TNA instead. How is that comparing?
    and why is that a "bad move"? what am I going to get "reprimanded" for doing so? LMAO
    compare [kuhm-pair]  
    Origin
    com·pare   [kuhm-pair] Show IPA verb, -pared, -par·ing, noun
    verb (used with object)

1.to examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities and differences: to compare two pieces of cloth; to compare the governments of two nations.

2.to consider or describe as similar; liken: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

3.Grammar . to form or display the degrees of comparison of (an adjective or adverb).
    verb (used without object)

4.to be worthy of comparison; be held equal: Dekker's plays cannot compare with Shakespeare's.

5.to appear in a similar standing: His recital certainly compares with the one he gave last year.

6.to differ in quality or accomplishment as specified: Their development compares poorly with that of neighbor nations.

7.to vie; rival.

8.to make a comparison: The only way we can say which product is better is to compare.

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

I agree with this and the original post. Protest by giving your ratings to someone else...
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

"Wahhhh!!! WAHHH!!!! I am scared of change My precious blood not shown wrestling! My precious violence from backstage isn't shown much in wrestling I SO SCARED THAT IF VIOLENCE ISN'T SHOWN, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!! My puny, ignorant brain can't comprehend anything if no chairs are used!!!!"

Asher made the best point out of the whole thread. PG is NOT the problem, its the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by shambo2k9 View Post
    What is needed is Paul Heyman and Jake "The Snake" Roberts as HEAD bookers.... those two in my mind are the best wrestling minds to exist.
    Thank you. We need wrestlers booking not writers writing. poor modern fans never got a chance to see wrestling when wrestlng people actually ran it. I liked the attitude era but four horsemen, road warriors, Magnum Ta era was even better.
    The silverback alpha male needs no signature

Blog Entries
    something fairly pertinent to the conversation at hand

Stone Cold Steve Austin "It's funny to me that "The Attitude Era" was named that way. Guys and gals in this business have always had attitude. But for some reason, I started cutting off-the-hook promos, and someone wanted to label it 'The Attitude Era.' It's an interesting way to reference that time, but WWE has always had over-the-top, extreme attitudes. I don't think the answer is creating something different, or bringing back the The Attitude Era. I think you need to let these cats fly. Kick them out of the nest to see if they can survive. The cream will rise to the top and the weak is going to fall by the wayside because this is a competitive environment. That's the only way to bring any edge back into the product. It's about letting guys fly, talking from their hearts, and their guts, and their brains. That's what makes for exciting TV. It ain't about 'attitude.' End of story."

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.