Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 798788899091 99 ... LastLast
    I have no problem with no cursing, no blood & no Torrie Wilson. What I have a problem with is banning moves & shots to the head. I realize the risks but it looks far too staged to be hitting someone in the gut or back for then next 20 years. Are you telling your audience that every guy would rather have a guy lose his breath for a minute rather than knock him asleep?! Also shots to the head & blood do not go hand in hand...

Restricting moves really hurt guys like Rey, Kidd, Bourne, Morrison & others. They could put on the most amazing shows with this roster if they were given full oppurtunity to flaunt their stuff, but they are restricted. Its like telling a major league pitcher who can throw 100mph to only throw 90 incase he hits someone in the head.

But guys! The Little Jimmy's and Little Jillies won't understand all of this! Their 'littler' Jimmy will want to come out and play. All the mumma Jimmy's would rather have them talk to a strange man in a mask who looks like he wants to kiss them when he puts his head that close, and follow a middle aged man who dresses like he was years old.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Awesome_One View Post
    Agreed

cant go wrong with slutty divas though
    Can and it has. Sure the divas of the AA were hot, but some people seem to overlook the fact that they can't wrestle for shit-which is the point of wrestling. As someone said earlier, the divas are "mastabatory ammo". I like girls as much as the next guy, but when I tune in to watch wrestling-I WANT TO WATCH WRESTLING.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen View Post
    I have no problem with no cursing, no blood & no Torrie Wilson. What I have a problem with is banning moves & shots to the head. I realize the risks but it looks far too staged to be hitting someone in the gut or back for then next 20 years. Are you telling your audience that every guy would rather have a guy lose his breath for a minute rather than knock him asleep?! Also shots to the head & blood do not go hand in hand...

Restricting moves really hurt guys like Rey, Kidd, Bourne, Morrison & others. They could put on the most amazing shows with this roster if they were given full oppurtunity to flaunt their stuff, but they are restricted. Its like telling a major league pitcher who can throw 100mph to only throw 90 incase he hits someone in the head.
    This is true. But it was already unbelievable (in a negative way) how they managed to pull off these athletic moves and put down guys who dwarf them. So I don't think it restricted them that much.

For it supposedly being the PG era I think they are doing a good job at trying to stretch the ratings without going overboard. I mean they have done a lot of stuff and said a lot of things that really stretch the limits of what they can say or do. It's def not as bad as it could be so I'm more than content!

Blog Entries
    Stop living in the past.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tshizzy34 View Post
    For it supposedly being the PG era I think they are doing a good job at trying to stretch the ratings without going overboard. I mean they have done a lot of stuff and said a lot of things that really stretch the limits of what they can say or do. It's def not as bad as it could be so I'm more than content!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisQ1 View Post
    Stop living in the past.
    Well said.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen View Post
    Yes, that's a pity. Perhaps the travel schedule has to do with it?

I do not want to see blood all the time, but from time to time in certain matches it'll be OK. And it's cool they are trying to be a bit edgier within the PG limit.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Pg is good for business, p ain and simple. Advertisers are leery of sponsoring blood and debauchery, beleive it or not.
    Pg is good for the wreslers, just ask benoit. Oops, too soon?
    Pg is good for viewership, ask lil jimmys mom.
    Pg is good for us, we get to see matches intead of blood baths and carnage.
    Verne gagne was awful.

This might be a stretch, but if you want chair shots to the head back then you don't give a damn about the wrestlers and their health. I'd rather never have another Chris Beniot-type incident.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    It seems to me that if you needed blood, slutty divas, weapons and cursing to make wrestling enjoyable, you're immature. Its a disappointment that people forget what wrestling is really about. The Attitude Era was great while it lasted, but seriously, grow up.
    100% spot on. Some of the best matches in wrestling history never contained half if any of this.