Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Fresh Member
    PG rating is hurting everything...

Edge is getting hurt the most by the Pg. Rated PG Superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Belzova View Post
    You guys are funny. (: I have no problem with pg though.

They made a sex joke on raw lastnight when edge said he loved his mom an zack said he did too. xD
    I believe it was Ted Dibiase who said he loved his mum on the phone, must have missed Edge and Zack saying it too.

Blog Entries
    There's no escaping it now though. It's much, much harder to go back than forward. Unless WWE would somehow conceive some sort of "Late Night WWE Extreme" where they could cater to the more particular fan - but you know it will never happen, not with Linda on the political wagon.

Gotta protect the present interest, dontcha know?

I reckon Vince fancies he could be the first "First Husband" or whatever the hell they'll call it. Because even he is smart enough to know he'd never get the job.

Blog Entries
    I'm not trying to be insulting, or degrading or w.e. BUT Have any of you guys ever run a buisness? Like a legit buisness? Cause if you did, you would know that having WWE in PG is better for WWE. Think about it, in 1998 at a WWE show you would see a bunch of dudes and ugly chicks in the crowd all between the ages of 16-35. Well guess what in 1998 I was 8 and was COMPLETLY banned from watching WWF cause it was too risque. And guess what? I'm not the only one because just about everybody my age had to sneak in wrestling. Well if I'm not able to WATCH WWF on TV, do you think I was allowed to GO to WWF RAW or WCW Nitro when it came through town? HELL NO!

My point being is that as a buisness with a PG product, instead of 1 18 year old male buying a ticket and a drink, Vince now has 1 FAMILY OF 4 buying 4 tickets, 4 drinks, and 2 shirts.

Hmmmmm more profit? YUP!

So yeah is the OLDER wrestling fan suffering? Shit yeah, I'm pretty bored with the PG rating too, but still, as a buisness PG is saving WWE. And this isn't the first time WWE/WWF has gone from TV-14 to TV-PG. 1985.....Hulk Hogan.....KINDA issued in a PG era. And over time when society changed and WCW started beating Vince's ass WWE became TV-MA.
    UWA Presents:
    The Final Show in all of UWA History!
    Live this Saturday October 6, 2012
    From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan

Theme: "Still Swinging" by Papa Roach

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nrb6304 View Post
    I'm not trying to be insulting, or degrading or w.e. BUT Have any of you guys ever run a buisness? Like a legit buisness? Cause if you did, you would know that having WWE in PG is better for WWE. Think about it, in 1998 at a WWE show you would see a bunch of dudes and ugly chicks in the crowd all between the ages of 16-35. Well guess what in 1998 I was 8 and was COMPLETLY banned from watching WWF cause it was too risque. And guess what? I'm not the only one because just about everybody my age had to sneak in wrestling. Well if I'm not able to WATCH WWF on TV, do you think I was allowed to GO to WWF RAW or WCW Nitro when it came through town? HELL NO!

My point being is that as a buisness with a PG product, instead of 1 18 year old male buying a ticket and a drink, Vince now has 1 FAMILY OF 4 buying 4 tickets, 4 drinks, and 2 shirts.

Hmmmmm more profit? YUP!

So yeah is the OLDER wrestling fan suffering? Shit yeah, I'm pretty bored with the PG rating too, but still, as a buisness PG is saving WWE. And this isn't the first time WWE/WWF has gone from TV-14 to TV-PG. 1985.....Hulk Hogan.....KINDA issued in a PG era. And over time when society changed and WCW started beating Vince's ass WWE became TV-MA.

Oh dude...you are TOTALLY missing it. How long will the 'family value deal' last? When they have to compete with moster truck rally's. rodeo's and other extreme spectator sports?
    I'm just offering up my opinion, that's all. ALL IMO.

PG Sucks

I hate pg is has ruined everything and i do mean everything. No blood no bad languageit's bad. It's because of them kids and the the writers suck, that's exactly why we dont have storylines like the attitude era. The attitude era was the best thing that ever happened to the WWF/WWE. Now Vince has ruined the WWE im not a really big wrestling fan anymore even though i still watch it. Long live the Attitude Era.

Quote Originally Posted by AGEOFFALL View Post
    Edge is getting hurt the most by the Pg. Rated PG Superstar.
    Edge lost it. He can't do anything like what he did in the past. Nothing at least rated pg-13...

it those limit thee wrestlers to what they can say, but, CM Punk is an example of a great heel that cuts awesome promos that have nothing to do with the PG rating. I think its just a lost art in general. If you watch TNA you won't find a good heel (or face) promo either.

"I am not a NUGGET!"

If a heel can't cut a good promo without going R-rated, he's not a very good heel. If a wrestling program can't be entertaining without crude humor, blood, etc, then it's not a good wrestling program. TNA can get away with those things because they're a tiny promotion airing on a cable channel catering entirely to red-state young men. They don't really have anything to lose, since they don't have much to start with. As long as TNA keeps their current course though, that's all their major audience will be, and as someone said, they will be fighting for viewers with monster truck rallies, and stuff like that.

As nrb6304 said, going PG is a business decision, and a sound one at that. Do you think Attitude Era style stuff would fly today on USA and SyFy? Do you think major toy companies would want to license kids toys for an R-rated promotion, and mainstream retailers want to carry them? Do you think grown-ups are going to buy enough action figures, fake wrestling belts, t-shirts, etc, to make up for what they'd lose not being able to sell these to kids online, at toy stores, and at the shows? I quick check of the ToysRUs website shows 12 pages of WWE stuff. Apparently, there is no TNA stuff.