Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 65 ... LastLast

Is PG working for WWE?

Is PG working for WWE? I do not think the whole pg thing is working. I love that my six-year-old daughter screams out Cena's name every time he is on TV, but it was so much more fun when Austin was flipping people off. Do you think after the election WWE should go back to the Blood, Asses, and Violence that we all love? Has Vince Softened with grandkids around?
    You thong wearing fatty !

I don't see PG ending. That time has ended and with WWE being the corporate machine that it is, I don't see them going back to the Attitude Era. No way would they risk losing any of their major corporate sponsors.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

It matters how you look at it.

Who it's working for: Small children, WWE fanboys, Bubble Gum entertainers (not wrestlers), Linda's campaign, and Vince.

Who it's not working for: Adults, real wrestling fans, and real wrestlers who don't want to lose their edge

Yep it works just fine.

i think vince has softend and good things dont last 4eva

If it makes money and makes people cheer at the same time, then its working.

The PG era is working. Yes we'd all like to go back to the Attitude Era, but it's a new age and time. The younger wrestlers are starting to get over and even though they aren't cursing and promoting violence like they used to in the old days, it's still entertaining. We really need to get over the past because WWE is moving forward. Eventually, I can see things reverting back to pushing the limits once the Cena boos get louder and the crowds start to demand something different.

Blog Entries
    I don't see why they'd go back as long as the coffers are still full. And there's always alternatives for those who want to see more harder edge stuff in TNA, ROH and overseas. The existence of the competition is actually good for WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I don't see why they'd go back as long as the coffers are still full. And there's always alternatives for those who want to see more harder edge stuff in TNA, ROH and overseas. The existence of the competition is actually good for WWE.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens if these PPV buyrates keep dropping
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what happens if these PPV buyrates keep dropping
    True. I mean watching Raw and SD is good. But at PPV it should be different. The standard has to be higher, not the same as Raw and SD.
    The PPV has to pop.