Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 63 ... LastLast
    The Kids are not the ones buying the action figures, or buying the tickets, or buying the damn merchandise, etc. the adults with jobs are buying all these things and filling Vince's pockets, I believe the only real reason why WWE went soft on us is; the WWE hasn't had outside competition in almost a decade. it has only had itself to compete with, witch is why he split wwe right down the middle. Vince is so damn greedy he created the nexus the new "Penny" tag titles, the diva's title all for profit. I want the old days back, give scantily clad divas shakin their asses, blood, weapons, extreme stunts, and NO MORE SUPERSTARS/NXT. I want Smackdown and Raw to come back together, cause TNA are now challenging the entire WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Freder View Post
    I'm going to try and get into the mind of Vince McMahon. It may be a dirty and dangerous place so someone hold the other end of this rope to pull me back. This is what I think VKM is thinking.

A few years ago before PG, wrestling had still slipped. Fans moved to MMA or other things, mostly the large group of fans from Hulkamania era had grown up. Nearly all fans start watching wrestling as kids, some outgrow it, some are fans for life. I'd be willing to bet that more than 90% of the people who post here began watching between 1984 and 1999 a 15 year span. (Myself I began watching in 1973.) This was like a baby boom and as the fans began to leave, to numbers that would still be quite good, Vince became concerned.

He tried making new stars out of guys who were good but not just great. Why? At first probably to keep things fresh. It didn't work. Then he realized the age of his wrestlers. Some people knock TNA for their old guys, but the WWE is loaded with people who are up there in age. Batista and HBK retired, guys like HHH, Undertaker, Jericho and a few others are getting close to that too. Even guys like Edge and Christian probably will drop down in status within 2 years. He needed new guys and began pushing Miz, Sheamus, Swagger etc. This I think is the reason for NXT and the Nexus (who I expect to disband Sunday, Cena will win.) Get new fresh guys in there so that when the older guys retire or lose it, they can be replaced.

So he decided to go PG, not for Linda's campaign, or merchandising (although both are probably a factor) but to get the young kids as new fans. "If you get them as kids, you have them for life" are probably words that inspire Vince. (The quote is from Adolph Hitler, any other comparisons between the two are probably left out of this post.)

I see PG slowly fading. As this new generation of fans (he seems to be targeting the 8-12 age range) grows up (give it 3 years) they will grow bored of things as they are now. Vince is smart enough that he will turn it back to TV-14 then to keep them interested. I don't think it will ever turn back to the Attitude Era. Vince didn't like that, he just saw WCW and ECW doing things that were new and getting them over and decided to steal and improve on what they began. But I honestly think it made him uncomfortable and he prefers things in the PG-13 realm.

Oh, and I am sure Vince (or someone he employs) reads a lot of the wrestling sites and blogs (possibly this one, but who knows for sure which). He isn't above stealing great ideas so keep posting ways to improve things, if he sees one he likes, he'll take it and not give you credit but at least it will improve things. The vast majority of those type of posts though, really don't fit in with what he has in mind. He does plant stories on the wrestling news sites though. I imagine at least 20% of the WWE related stories you read here and elsewhere were concocted by Vince and his guys. (Bryan Danielson, Aloisia, and Jericho are great recent examples).

Quick pull the rope get me out!! Phew! So, what do you think?
    That's what makes me post on these threads. I may never be a writer for WWE. I think their creative writing teams needs to bring in some interns, if not only to pick their brains for a concept to run with. Wrestling is about telling a story. Building the drama and intruige, so that when he gets pinned 1-2-3, or when he submits, or when he gets counted out or DQ'ed. We are standing on our feet, booing and throwing popcorn, crying our eyes out from adolation, making our hands and throats sore with applause and cheer.

You're absolutly right about getting them as kids. Why else is Paul Bearer back. I started watching in the late 80's early 90's. The mysticsim of the Undertakers urn and the creepy little fat man who wield it. That's what had me "hook for life." Now it's being passed on to the next generation. Smackdown clearly has the better writing staff. How else can you explain finally putting Kane over. The new angle for Cody Rhodes is easily turning him into a main eventer. I expect WHC matches in his 2011 career. Ziggler is becoming the perfect loop-hole champion, just like Chris Jerico did back in the day in WCW. Pull Evan Bourne over to Smackdown so you can have more faces. Smackdown is a little heel heavy at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerislegend View Post
    The Kids are not the ones buying the action figures, or buying the tickets, or buying the damn merchandise, etc. the adults with jobs are buying all these things and filling Vince's pockets, I believe the only real reason why WWE went soft on us is; the WWE hasn't had outside competition in almost a decade. it has only had itself to compete with, witch is why he split wwe right down the middle. Vince is so damn greedy he created the nexus the new "Penny" tag titles, the diva's title all for profit. I want the old days back, give scantily clad divas shakin their asses, blood, weapons, extreme stunts, and NO MORE SUPERSTARS/NXT. I want Smackdown and Raw to come back together, cause TNA are now challenging the entire WWE.
    You have no idea what your talking about. It's the bottomless demand that children create that supports the WWE economy. Children are the ones who are buying the full John Cena "chain gang" uniform. All the cheap out sourced toys, and foam belts, are made so that little timmy will beg mommy to spend hundreds of doloars every chrismas and birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerislegend View Post
    seriously man? your completely wrong. WWE made a great business decision by going PG bc ya Vinces pockets are getting filled thanks to mommy and daddy buying their kids WWE merchandise. And second get over it dont live in the past like a old high school superstar who doesnt do anything in his life. im sure when these kids get older we will get back to tv-14 it will be a couple of years though just enjoy what they do well now

it was tv14 but alot of nudity and explicit words and scenes were involved, who cares lol we want tv14

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmytheBlack View Post
    That's what makes me post on these threads. I may never be a writer for WWE. I think their creative writing teams needs to bring in some interns, if not only to pick their brains for a concept to run with. Wrestling is about telling a story. Building the drama and intruige, so that when he gets pinned 1-2-3, or when he submits, or when he gets counted out or DQ'ed. We are standing on our feet, booing and throwing popcorn, crying our eyes out from adolation, making our hands and throats sore with applause and cheer.

You're absolutly right about getting them as kids. Why else is Paul Bearer back. I started watching in the late 80's early 90's. The mysticsim of the Undertakers urn and the creepy little fat man who wield it. That's what had me "hook for life." Now it's being passed on to the next generation. Smackdown clearly has the better writing staff. How else can you explain finally putting Kane over. The new angle for Cody Rhodes is easily turning him into a main eventer. I expect WHC matches in his 2011 career. Ziggler is becoming the perfect loop-hole champion, just like Chris Jerico did back in the day in WCW. Pull Evan Bourne over to Smackdown so you can have more faces. Smackdown is a little heel heavy at the moment.
    AMEN!!!!!!!! Couldnt agree with you more, great minds think alike. you are clearly NOT MAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN View Post
    it was tv14 but alot of nudity and explicit words and scenes were involved, who cares lol we want tv14
    WWE don't want TV-14....at least not yet.

#REAL!

Blog Entries

PG; What It Should Stand For

The WWE's decision to turn into a more family oriented show, PG, in my opinion was and remains to be a good move, IF they would only follow the basic guidelines of what a PG show is all about without greatly diminishing the appeal of the product to wrestling fans or people who just want to be entertained. I will now elaborate.

The PG era should stand for a creative attempt to attract a wider audience through toned down use of blood, sex and excessive violence and shifting more attention to new talent that kids can relate, rolemodels they can look up to and more kid friendly superstars.

Unfortunetly, this isn't the case.

Instead, the PG era stands for appeal to 12 year old kids, pointless promos, new talent that get a push for a few months then go to being jobbers, "Hustle, Loyal, Respect", "Never Give Up", boring diva's matches, predictable storylines, giving pushes to the wrong new talent or if to the right one, way too early, garbage ring announcing, constant advertising, banned moves, gimmick PPV's and the deterioration of the tag team division.

I don't care if there is less blood. I don't care is there isn't cussing every five seconds. I don't care if a diva doesn't take off her top.........wait a minute. Scratch that last one. I think the PG move is great if they would actually play it the way like it sounds. I know that if the kids like it, their parents follow, but I feel like I'm not watching wrestling anymore. I'm only watching now when I get the occasional back and forth match between two youngsters who really out their heart, soul and necks out on the line. It makes me sad when I know that it's virtually for nothing. I mean, take a look at Evan Bounre and Mark Henry vs. John Cena and Michael Tarver. That is the only way or only time that I feel Evan Bourne, a truly deserving person to be a main eventer or at least mid card champion, will beat Cena at this right.

Forget the sex, blood and 30 minute promos/skits. I know it has Entertainment in its name, but I want to believe I'm watching an actual wrestling show again when I watch WWE and not some Saturday Night Live skit.

That's what I believe PG should stand for.

Actual wrestling, new talent and fun for the kids, but not up to the degree of leprechauns with helmets or bouncing pecs.
    Last edited by K2Jelly; 10-13-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Seriously who wouldn't want to hang out with this guy? i would pay good money to sit in a bar and have a few beers with him while he tells me all about his life. Pro rasslin has always had little people in it and for that I say THANK YOU...

infinite wisdom
    Every absurdity has a champion who will defend it.

and this has talent written all over it
    Last edited by IPEEINTHESHOWER; 10-14-2010 at 12:24 AM.

This should be at the blog section! This was good.

#REAL!