Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 48 8896979899100 LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 995
  1. #971
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,682
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    That's a question to ask the fans who abandoned WWE, I'm a fan for life so I'll watch regardless but that doesn't mean I can't critic or observe the current product in a reasonable way, even though in this thread I went into a rant which I explained why I did that earlier

    Ask the 3-4 million former fans why they don't watch it, even though like you said Jericho/Punk feud was done well and AE like.
    That's not what I'm asking. This feud was pulled off under PG guidelines and regulations yet it was still great. It didn't need any AE-esque plot devices thrown in at all and it's obvious the only reason that stuff like this isn't being put on TV, on a regular basis, is because of a bad creative team. The PG rating has nothing to do with it.


  2. #972
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,269
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    That's not what I'm asking. This feud was pulled off under PG guidelines and regulations yet it was still great. It didn't need any AE-esque plot devices thrown in at all and it's obvious the only reason that stuff like this isn't being put on TV, on a regular basis, is because of a bad creative team. The PG rating has nothing to do with it.
    You don't think creative is affected by PG guidelines?

  3. #973
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,682
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    You don't think creative is affected by PG guidelines?
    It is but not in a really negative way. Like I said, even with PG, in rare cases, creative can come up with compelling storylines.


  4. #974
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,269
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    It is but not in a really negative way. Like I said, even with PG, in rare cases, creative can come up with compelling storylines.
    But the fact is PG makes it difficult to do so, especially in the nature of wrestling and getting high ratings.

  5. #975
    God SLEEPY LOCO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Posts
    2,317
    In my opinion the PG rating only hurts the WWE in a couple things. 1.) Building up to PPVs like Extreme Rules and TLC, because they can't show people getting viscious and bloody to show they are working on getting into an extreme mode to prepare for the PPV. 2.) Monter Heels like Kane can't show a really dark and twisted side by just destroying defensless people. I would be more convinced of him still being the Big Red Monster if he set Josh Mathews on fire for a stupid question.



    "I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."



  6. #976
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,682
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    But the fact is PG makes it difficult to do so, especially in the nature of wrestling and getting high ratings.
    How is it a fact?


  7. #977
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,269
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    How is it a fact?
    Lol Strong opinion if it makes you feel better .

  8. #978

    PG Era ruined Heels.

    I think it did! Heels are not what they use to be in this new era. Seriously, I miss watching heels wreck havok backstage, or anywhere for that matter. The intensity of a heel now and days is stale. I don't really care so much anymore who's heel and who's a face because it's toned down too much. Gotta keep this short....@ work right now!!! LOL! Just thought i would throw this out there for ye all!!!

  9. #979
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,477
    Blog Entries
    10
    I disagree. while there is more grey area now than in previous generations of wrestling it's because that was the natural progression of the wrestling industry. We still have heels that do their job very well. If you need proof go read all the hate on the alboring del rio thread for not only adr but for the miz heels are still getting the job done and if they were not they wouldn't get this many people to watch.

  10. #980
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedidldum View Post
    I think it did! Heels are not what they use to be in this new era. Seriously, I miss watching heels wreck havok backstage, or anywhere for that matter. The intensity of a heel now and days is stale. I don't really care so much anymore who's heel and who's a face because it's toned down too much. Gotta keep this short....@ work right now!!! LOL! Just thought i would throw this out there for ye all!!!
    I don't think you can put the blame on PG but rather on creatives. Heels can still work in a PG environment if they are able to do so creatively. Perfect example? CM Punk. His worked shoot last summer proves that you can 'push the envelope' while working under PG guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.