Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 48 8896979899100 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    That's a question to ask the fans who abandoned WWE, I'm a fan for life so I'll watch regardless but that doesn't mean I can't critic or observe the current product in a reasonable way, even though in this thread I went into a rant which I explained why I did that earlier

Ask the 3-4 million former fans why they don't watch it, even though like you said Jericho/Punk feud was done well and AE like.
    That's not what I'm asking. This feud was pulled off under PG guidelines and regulations yet it was still great. It didn't need any AE-esque plot devices thrown in at all and it's obvious the only reason that stuff like this isn't being put on TV, on a regular basis, is because of a bad creative team. The PG rating has nothing to do with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    That's not what I'm asking. This feud was pulled off under PG guidelines and regulations yet it was still great. It didn't need any AE-esque plot devices thrown in at all and it's obvious the only reason that stuff like this isn't being put on TV, on a regular basis, is because of a bad creative team. The PG rating has nothing to do with it.
    You don't think creative is affected by PG guidelines?

Blog Entries
    You don't think creative is affected by PG guidelines?
    It is but not in a really negative way. Like I said, even with PG, in rare cases, creative can come up with compelling storylines.

Blog Entries
    It is but not in a really negative way. Like I said, even with PG, in rare cases, creative can come up with compelling storylines.
    But the fact is PG makes it difficult to do so, especially in the nature of wrestling and getting high ratings.

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    In my opinion the PG rating only hurts the WWE in a couple things. 1.) Building up to PPVs like Extreme Rules and TLC, because they can't show people getting viscious and bloody to show they are working on getting into an extreme mode to prepare for the PPV. 2.) Monter Heels like Kane can't show a really dark and twisted side by just destroying defensless people. I would be more convinced of him still being the Big Red Monster if he set Josh Mathews on fire for a stupid question.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."

Blog Entries
    But the fact is PG makes it difficult to do so, especially in the nature of wrestling and getting high ratings.
    How is it a fact?

Blog Entries
    How is it a fact?
    Lol Strong opinion if it makes you feel better .

PG Era ruined Heels.

I think it did! Heels are not what they use to be in this new era. Seriously, I miss watching heels wreck havok backstage, or anywhere for that matter. The intensity of a heel now and days is stale. I don't really care so much anymore who's heel and who's a face because it's toned down too much. Gotta keep this short....@ work right now!!! LOL! Just thought i would throw this out there for ye all!!!

Blog Entries
    I disagree. while there is more grey area now than in previous generations of wrestling it's because that was the natural progression of the wrestling industry. We still have heels that do their job very well. If you need proof go read all the hate on the alboring del rio thread for not only adr but for the miz heels are still getting the job done and if they were not they wouldn't get this many people to watch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedidldum View Post
    I think it did! Heels are not what they use to be in this new era. Seriously, I miss watching heels wreck havok backstage, or anywhere for that matter. The intensity of a heel now and days is stale. I don't really care so much anymore who's heel and who's a face because it's toned down too much. Gotta keep this short....@ work right now!!! LOL! Just thought i would throw this out there for ye all!!!
    I don't think you can put the blame on PG but rather on creatives. Heels can still work in a PG environment if they are able to do so creatively. Perfect example? CM Punk. His worked shoot last summer proves that you can 'push the envelope' while working under PG guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.