Best PPV builds.

I was thinking yesterday of the biggest builds to a PPV match and which ones stand out the most.

The Rock vs Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 17 had an amazing video package in the build up to the match with Limp Bizkits 'My Way', it really smashed home how big the rivalry was. The choice of music was relevant to the outcome of the match as well with Stone Cold turning heel.

I also thought the CM Punk vs John Cena at Money In The Bank 2011 was a fantastic video package. Again, it really hammered home just how important CM Punk's position in the company was and how he became such a valuable asset.

Anyone else have some good ones for the record books? Also, what choice of music would you pick to build Wrestlemania 29 feuds?

My choice for Rock vs Cena would be Madeon - Finale. I think that could be an intense build to their match at Wrestlemania 29.

WM IV was one of my favourites.

Hogan was screwed out of the title on The Main Event, with a fake ref in the match. Andre ended up handing the title over to the Million Dollar Man and the title was subsequently declared void.

So we had a Title tournament at Mania, which saw Hogan pitted against Andre again, several others had breakthrough performances and best of all Savage won the title that he would hold to WM V, plus this led to the creation of the Mega Powers with Hogan and The Mega Bucks of Andre and DiBiase.

Blog Entries
    Best builds use to be any of the Road to WresteMania's. Those were cool. I think my favorite was the Road to WrestleMania 22. Everything was awesome. With 5 main events and the beginning of the MITB qualifying matches. Not to mention the return of Staurday Nights Main Event which saw the Raw Main Event(Triple H & John Cena) vs The SmackDown! Main Event(Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, & Rey Mysterio) to start off the event, which also included The Cutting Edge /w Mick Foley, the JBL/Austin Beer drinking contest and Main evented by HBK vs Shane O'mac in a Street Fight. It was a simple time where you weren't forced to emotionally invest into the main events like we are forced to for these WrestleManias.

WrestleMania 22 was great(except for the main event).

The build for Cena vs Edge TLC match at Toronto. After a whole year of Cena getting screwed from Edge that match was his last chance for payback. An amazing way to end one of the best feuds in recent memory

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    The build for Cena vs Edge TLC match at Toronto. After a whole year of Cena getting screwed from Edge that match was his last chance for payback. An amazing way to end one of the best feuds in recent memory

Thought the end of the feud was BAck Lash 2009 in a Last Man Standing Match?.....which Edge won. So it was the best way to end the feud.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBison View Post
    Thought the end of the feud was BAck Lash 2009 in a Last Man Standing Match?.....which Edge won. So it was the best way to end the feud.
    That was two years after that

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    That was two years after that
    YEah, and it was said to be the end. Which ended so nicely.

I liked that rivalry, it seemed Edge was the perfect villain to Cena, he was awesome. No one could ever push Cena's buttons like Edge did, and I would hate to ee where Edge would be right now if he remained, because they would have to fight again and through another rivalry, because Edge wouldn't have gone too far to the top again without Cena getting in his face.

Starcade 97 Sting vs Hogan. Built up for a year and a half.

Starcade 98 Nash vs Goldberg. This already was subtle been built up even before Page vs Goldberg at Halloween Havoc.