View Poll Results: Should Lockdown tradition continue?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 76.92%
  • no

3 23.08%

Hybrid View

Should Lockdown tradition continue?

I was wondering what others were thinking when they heard the news about TNA Lockdown no longer having every single match on the card inside the steel cage.

Blog Entries
    Only if the matches is worthy of being put in the cage....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Only if the matches is worthy of being put in the cage....
    Basically this.

I don't really see a need for it, and when I asked the opinions of others before all I got was, "Well, that's just the gimmick, so they do it."

I personally don't care to see every LD card as all cage, takes away from the specialness of it.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

keep it, it's original and Impact needs it, otherwise it would be the same as WWE's "Hell In A Cell", only "Steel Cage" which sounds way less entertaining

Alberto Del Rio says "Si!"

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Blog Entries
    They should keep teh tradition..n build all the matches in such a way that a cage match should look good and fit the rivalry...

I feel that they should indeed keep the tradition. TNA is only running 4 PPVs this year, they have had more than enough time to build every match in a way that it makes sense in a cage. If all the talent know they will be in a cage, lockdown is a show that displays the talent in a new environment. An environment where people have to use different strategies which brings with it a sense of unpredictability.

I hate the gimmick of the ppv. While theyve had a lot of great cage matches, they havent all been o. The same card. They may have 1 great match, 2 ok ones and then the rest are all mundane. And it gets repetetive. I can only watch so much chain link face grinding in one evening. And you can almost bet that everyone on the card will bleed... which takes away from the impact it would have on the better matches.

To me it doesn't matter if some of the earlier matches aren't in a cage. As a recent-ish convert to TNA I see Lockdown's tradition being more about the Lethal Lockdown match so as long as there's that and two or three other cage matches I'm happy.

Divas to believe in.