View Poll Results: Which 8 of these rivalries do you think should make the tournament?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart

8 61.54%
  • AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

6 46.15%
  • Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

7 53.85%
  • Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart

10 76.92%
  • Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar

7 53.85%
  • Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi

6 46.15%
  • Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuiness

7 53.85%
  • John Cena vs. Edge

7 53.85%
  • Lita vs. Trish Stratus

7 53.85%
  • Matt Hardy vs Edge

6 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which final 8 rivalries should make the new tounrament?

After close consideration, I have decided to eliminate: DX vs. the McMahons, Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart, Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles, and John Cena vs Randy Orton from the tournament. The 10 remaining rivalries you see before you will be what you have to choose from. You will choose 8 of them and disregard the other 2. Remember this is for who makes the final cut so to speak for my next tournament: Wrestling's Greatest Rivalries. Feel free to explain why you picked who you picked on this thread as well.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

Since I'm bored right now and cannot go to sleep I might as well give a write up on why I picked who I did.

1.) Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels. To me, this one had it all. A young upstart in Shawn Michaels gunning for the top spot which was currently being reserved for the face of the company at the time in Bret Hart. Not only were these two excellent in ring performers with elite chemistry with one another every time they met, but they were also superb on the mic and this made for some absolutely epic promos. Although their in ring chemistry was, as mentioned, elite, these two also absolutely hated each other outside of the squared circle and it really showed in their promos. Both of them hated everything the other one stood for, and it built a level of tension between the two that I don't believe has been matched since.

2.) AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe. This rivalry got my vote for a few reasons. First of all, these guys just can't seem to get rid of each other. They've done programs with one another in various Indy promotions as well as in TNA. Second, these two absolutely built TNA from the ground up. Period. I don't care what anyone says, these guys were the reason that most of us started watching TNA. Third, plain and simple, their matches are fantastic. I can't think of a single AJ vs. Joe match that wasn't thoroughly enjoyable.

3.) Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels. The main reason why I picked Michaels vs HHH was because of their great promos. They seem to work extremely well off of each other in that regard and you know their chemistry is off the charts. Their matches were very good too, but I really think the promos they had with each other are some of their best work.

4.) Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart. Bret vs. Owen was a classic feud that worked on all sorts of different levels. The WWE tried to re-create the "brother vs. brother," feud with Matt and Jeff Hardy, but it failed for a couple of reasons. Firstly, neither of those two could hold a candle to Bret or Owen in ing, and second is that Owen was just such a special person that I really think he carried the feud promotion wise. He sold the "jealous brother," act so well and made every word he was speaking so believable that he really got the fans enthralled in the action.

5.) Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle. This one is simply a matter of preference in my eyes. Well, they all are to a degree but this one is especially. I've mentioned many a time on this site that my favorite era in WWE history was the period between the Attitude Era and the PG Era and specifically, the Smackdown brand of this era. The feud between Lesnar and Angle in this era was a major reason why I loved it so much. Not only was it superb wrestling, but the promos for this feud was off the charts greatness. I really think Kurt put over Lesnar in this feud, especially as a heel. Some could argue that Undertaker put over Lesnar, but I think it was Angle personally. Taker might have brought Lesnar into the main event picture, but I don't
    think he truly became "The Next Big Thing," until his matches with Angle.

6.) Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi. I don't speak a lick of Japanese, so I got no idea if their promos are any good, but I can tell you guys flat out that the best professional wrestling match I've ever seen was between Kenta Kobashi vs Mitsuharu Misawa. I've heard their feud being touted as making "Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels look like Mark Henry vs. Big Daddy V." Now I don't think I would go quite that far, but I think you get my point.

7.) Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuiness. Two of the greatest in-ring technicians in the world today going at it head to head, and imho both had the greatest matches of their careers against each other.

8.) Edge vs. John Cena. The face of the company vs. the top heel of the company. Excellent promos and matches from these two. Again the chemistry between these two was superb.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

Blog Entries
    I haven't ever seen Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi in the ring, but have heard of them, and know that theyr'e great japenese, and wrestlers period. I didn't vote for their fued in the 8 spots, because I have not seen them compete against each other. I know thats biased, but I did not know about japanese wrestling until last year. If I had watched any of Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi matches I know that I would probably have voted them above Matt vs Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    I haven't ever seen Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi in the ring, but have heard of them, and know that theyr'e great japenese, and wrestlers period. I didn't vote for their fued in the 8 spots, because I have not seen them compete against each other. I know thats biased, but I did not know about japanese wrestling until last year. If I had watched any of Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi matches I know that I would probably have voted them above Matt vs Edge.
    First of all, were all biased, so I wouldn't worry about that. In fact, I think this entire tournament is about 90% opinion anyway. But what you said and did isn't even biased. If you have not seen the matches you can't rightfully vote for them right? Afterall, I wouldn't want you to vote based off of someone elses opinion. I would like to recommend their matches though. They are all 5 star quality performances no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    You owe it to yourself to watch some Misawa vs Kobashi. And I mean that sincerely.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    After I posted that I hadn't watched any Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi matches, last night, I went on the net and found the match where it was Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi in an AJPW Triple Crown match. It was over 40 minutes some of the best wrestling I've ever seen! I couldn't understand a word that the commentators were saying, but the match was spectacular none the less. It seemed that the 2 never ran out of steam, throughout the whole match. They just kept on going! So many chops, and half nelson suplexes from Kenta. They didn't need weapons to make this a 5 star match, just pure talent, and they sure as hell delivered.

R.I.P Mitsuharu Misawa. If I was to vote again this would definitely be one of my higher choices.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's awesome that you watched that match dude. Well done to Bodom for prompting you. I've still got a tape of The Best of Misawa v Kobashi in AJPW! There was like five 5* matches on there! They also had an awesome (albeit a bit slower) match for the GHC heavyweight title.

This feud is a must for the final 16.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    It's awesome that you watched that match dude. Well done to Bodom for prompting you. I've still got a tape of The Best of Misawa v Kobashi in AJPW! There was like five 5* matches on there! They also had an awesome (albeit a bit slower) match for the GHC heavyweight title.

This feud is a must for the final 16.
    Yeah I looked them up lol. They have had a fued that lasted years! And more 5 star matches than anyone else I've ever seen! Its suprising how most of Kentas 5 star matches are with Misawa, which goes to show that theyr'e both at the top with the greats.

P.S.:Isn't it the final 8?

I have a torrent of every Japanese match Meltzer have 5* to, and there are something like four Misawa vs. Kobashi matches on there. Actually, I'm pretty sure nearly every 5* match from NOAH and AJPW had one of those guys in them somewhere. I've only scratched the surface of that torrent, but I can conclude that those guys are fucking awesome. (Hansen, Akiyama, Taue, and Kawada also give me a STIFFy, but that's for another time.)

Also voted for Danielson and McGuinness. Danielson raining down elbows on the bloodied skull of McGuinness during their unification bout remains one of my favourite visuals in wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    I have a torrent of every Japanese match Meltzer have 5* to, and there are something like four Misawa vs. Kobashi matches on there. Actually, I'm pretty sure nearly every 5* match from NOAH and AJPW had one of those guys in them somewhere. I've only scratched the surface of that torrent, but I can conclude that those guys are fucking awesome. (Hansen, Akiyama, Taue, and Kawada also give me a STIFFy, but that's for another time.)

Also voted for Danielson and McGuinness. Danielson raining down elbows on the bloodied skull of McGuinness during their unification bout remains one of my favourite visuals in wrestling
    Can I get that .torrent?
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.