Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TNA on a roll

TNA on a roll

Recently I've been thinking about tna...and the last few weeks and this thinking has all come together too make me form one opinion...TNA is by far my favourite wrestling promotion...I enjoy it a lot more than other companies . Everything is coming together...aces and eights makes sense....magnus and EY in the team makes sense..the way they did the three matches on impact made sense and built it up....Sure there using Hardy and Bully but did you notice Morgan will be the break out guy in this whole thing.

It has all made me realize one thing about the IWC....if something isn't done the "wwe way " it ain't done "right" . Aces and eights must be the worst storylines ever because that's not how wwe would do it right ?

News flash people.....TNA ....ROH ...there not wwe and if you want "alternatives" too wwe stop trying to make TNA fit that mold. If you actually take two weeks to watch Lockdown and two episodes of Impact....In full....no bitching on the internet...no listening to negative opinions ...you will enjoy it and realize whats going on and actually how well TNA creative have done with this. In all fairness some people may do that and still not enjoy it...we'll then you simply don't enjoy that type of show...But most people in the ICW are screaming out for a show like TNA ....like ROH...but don't accept because wwe has changed there thinking on wrestling.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Aces and eights is boring because it has jumped the shark. It has nothing to do with the "WWE" way. I've watched TNA since 2005 and can honestly say that i've probably never been so bored with the product. Well, 2010 did stop me watching for a while too.

There's no real shockers in regards to the additions in the group either. It seems way too thrown together and there never appears to be any long term booking in place. If they booked with 6 months down the line in mind, it would probably make a lot more sense.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

On the IWC points: It depends on where you're looking and what you're looking at. It happens on both sides of the aisle.

Aces and Eights: I, personally, think this faction is basically useless. They add Taz to the group so he could be a talker, okay that's fine. It sucks he can't wrestle, but he doesn't have any real rank, and if he's out on commentary, he can be a manager that's always out there. Now D'Lo is in it, in one of the top two positions, and is again... another non-wrestler. The wrestlers in the group don't seem to pose a lot of threat, at all. Doc did, but he was quickly demoted. Anderson lost to Angle already, and then went over Storm(Who TNA basically has little for). Knox was dropped by Sting. Garrett is useless. Devon has the title, but does nothing with it. They lose entirely too much to be any real threat. It'll be a surprise if they win at LD, if they don't, the stable is dead in the water.

Morgan: At least they ARE finally doing something with him, makes me think Hardy is going to retain and feud with Morgan, so he can get the title reign he should have had earlier.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    It takes time for something to grow.... Like TNA....
    In the last 10 years if one would look they doing good for a the small southern company.....
    - Weekly Wednesday Night PPVs that drew under 10,000 fans a week, to weekly PPVs that is drawing between 25,000 and 50,000 maybe 80,000 fans..
    - Moving from one building in Nashville TN to another in Orlando FL to now going on the road...
    - Separating the company from other companies, with a different model with TV and PPVs...
    -Successful tours aboard in England...
    - Signing many big names in the past 10 almost 11 years... Hogan, Nash, Hall, Booker T, Christian, Kurt Angle, many more and Sting...

As for Aces and 8s, at 1st they was great and as time went by i think as each got revealed, the hype went down... Together they a good group, but some will be lost in shuffle if and when they break up... I can see Wes Brisco, Devon, Knox, Anderson and Garrett being pushed.. It just nothing I can vie to see to do with Aces and 8s afterwards... I could be wrong...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Couldn't agree more.
    The way I see is, every time TNA do something that "fans" ask for, they either get no credit for it, or those people simply pretend they've never bitched about it and move on to another thing to bitch about. It's been the same for years. The only difference now, is that Hogan/Bischoff are on board, so they feel that they have some sort of credibility to their "facts" about TNA failing. Here we are now, in 2013 being their biggest year. Good for them! They're a great alternative and the best product so far in my opinion. What's amazing to me, is how much they're growing in a time where wrestling seems to be dying. Can't wait for them to hit the east coast!

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    - Separating the company from other companies, with a different model with TV and PPVs...
    You nailed it right here. Since TNA is the only real televised wrestling alternative to WWE, it gets compared with WWE too much. When in reality, it's separating itself from ROH and DGUSA and the other smaller promotions that are that step above the typical indy company. TNA is headed in the right direction. Whether they'll ever reach a true competitive level with WWE is not the main focus at this point. Grow the company, in an industry where there's plenty of room to grow. By touring the country, I think they'll increase their fanbase and get more recognition. What TNA is doing is excellent. And your comment about separating themselves from other companies couldn't be more right.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    You nailed it right here. Since TNA is the only real televised wrestling alternative to WWE, it gets compared with WWE too much. When in reality, it's separating itself from ROH and DGUSA and the other smaller promotions that are that step above the typical indy company. TNA is headed in the right direction. Whether they'll ever reach a true competitive level with WWE is not the main focus at this point. Grow the company, in an industry where there's plenty of room to grow. By touring the country, I think they'll increase their fanbase and get more recognition. What TNA is doing is excellent. And your comment about separating themselves from other companies couldn't be more right.
    Agreed.

And I'm actually enjoying TNA better than WWE now as they have been putting on a better overall product. Its not perfect, but I don't fall to sleep during IMPACT- I do during RAW

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

I think TNA is very close to hitting their stride in terms of a framework for their creative process. I think after Lockdown their builds will get better and Slammerversity should be a very good show.

However, kind of excited for Lockdown to see this crowd. Hopefully they're hot.

1.) Aces and Eights went from a dangerous group who no one in TNA could handle to being manhandled. I think TNA needs to really start pushing these guys as credible threats again. The way I would start that is during the Lethal Lockdown match have DOC absolutely dominate the members of team TNA. Have him look like a complete monster in that cage. Let DOC get the deciding pinfall. Out of all the members of Aces and Eights he has the biggest break out potential. Aces and Eights need a credible main eventer and you can make DOC that guy or have Anderson be that guy with DOC as his personal enforcer until DOC is ready. Just my thoughts.

2.) The build up for Lockdown has been hit or miss for me. They have had great build up with certain things like Aces and Eights vs Team TNA, Wes Brisco vs Kurt Angle, and the Battle of the Robbies. However I think that TNA could've built up the World title match better, same with the tag team match, and Ryan vs Parks. I think after Lockdown the build ups will be much better.

3.) On whether the WWE or TNA is better it is really coin flip for me right now. I mean I love what TNA is doing with every other title except the World title. I think having Hardy miss four weeks of TV time was a huge mistake and they should've had Daniels go to the UK as champion. With that being said the WWE has also done this with the Rock as WWE Champion. Here one week gone the next.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Its the biggest alternative to WWE so if people don't like WWE watch TNA don't like either then your not a wrestling fan.