View Poll Results: For Lockdown, the time between PPVs has...

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helped build storylines

6 66.67%
  • Hurt the build of the storylines

0 0%
  • Hasn't affected the storylines

3 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    With Lockdown, the long build and wait time wasn't good..... I think due to the England tour tapings was a whole month worth, which prolonged the direction other then the Main Event and and Lethal Lockdown being known before hand..

Lot of the matches was pretty much put together during the England tour or the 1st live Impact ..
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    TNA gets a pass on this build up ONLY because it's the first time they had this much time. However, with all the time they had a lot of it was misused.

I think the UK tour messed it up a bit. They couldn't bring Hardy, didn't bring Joey Ryan, and scheduled shows to make a more "main event feel." With the KOs and Tag Team changes so late in the build that caused two weeks worth of building for Lockdown matches.

TNA Championship - Steel Cage Match:
    Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Bully Ray:2 Weeks build

Lethal Lockdown - Steel Cage Match:
    Aces and Eights (Devon, Mr. Anderson, Doc, Garett and Knox) vs. Team TNA(Sting, Magnus, Samoa Joe, James Storm and Eric Young): 4-5 Weeks build

Steel Cage Match:
    Kurt Angle vs. Wes Brisco: 3 Weeks build

TNA Tag Team Championships:
    Bobby Roode and Austin Aries (c's) vs. Christopher Daniels and Kazarian vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez: 2-3 Weeks build

TNA X Division Championship:
    Kenny King (c) vs. Zema Ion vs. Christian York: Zero build

Joey Ryan vs. Joseph Park:Zero Build

Robbie E vs. Robbie T: 3-4 weeks Build

TNA Knockouts Championship:
    Velvet Sky (c) vs. Gail Kim: Two weeks build
    I disagree with some of the weeks leading to builds with these.

1.) Hardy/Ray agree with, but that was because Hardy couldn't go to England.

2.) Lethal Lockdown has been being built up since the inception of Aces and Eights.

3.) Angle vs Wes has the history of Angle mentoring Wes. I think saying only 4-5 weeks is completely ignoring Wes' history with Kurt. That's like saying two members of a tag team going after each other have no history. Just my opinion.

4.) Hernandez and Chavo vs Bad Influence has their past history with the former taking the title's from the latter. Also Aries and Roode have been feuding with Chavo and Hernandez since Aries and Roode called out every champion in TNA.

5.) Christian York was "cost" the X-Division Championship by Kenny King. Also King and Ion have had unresolved issues in the past such as Ion taking King's pinfall in their tag team match. So again I don't think you can fairly say that this match has had zero build.

6.) Agreed.

7.) This goes back to when Robbie T. "stole" the spotlight from E. during the bro off. That was when their issues actually started.

8.) Velvet and Kim have had their past issues plus Velvet pinned Kim to become number one contender controversially. Kim was the one who pinned the champion giving her a legitimate gripe due to her being the one to technically dethrone the former champion.

Again this is just my opinion feel free to disagree.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I disagree with some of the weeks leading to builds with these.

1.) Hardy/Ray agree with, but that was because Hardy couldn't go to England.

2.) Lethal Lockdown has been being built up since the inception of Aces and Eights.

3.) Angle vs Wes has the history of Angle mentoring Wes. I think saying only 4-5 weeks is completely ignoring Wes' history with Kurt. That's like saying two members of a tag team going after each other have no history. Just my opinion.

4.) Hernandez and Chavo vs Bad Influence has their past history with the former taking the title's from the latter. Also Aries and Roode have been feuding with Chavo and Hernandez since Aries and Roode called out every champion in TNA.

5.) Christian York was "cost" the X-Division Championship by Kenny King. Also King and Ion have had unresolved issues in the past such as Ion taking King's pinfall in their tag team match. So again I don't think you can fairly say that this match has had zero build.

6.) Agreed.

7.) This goes back to when Robbie T. "stole" the spotlight from E. during the bro off. That was when their issues actually started.

8.) Velvet and Kim have had their past issues plus Velvet pinned Kim to become number one contender controversially. Kim was the one who pinned the champion giving her a legitimate gripe due to her being the one to technically dethrone the former champion.

Again this is just my opinion feel free to disagree.

Think with this you got to include Taryn Terrell, who them seeming to build so sort of feud with Gail for several months..
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???