Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries

Faaaaand-daaaang-whoooo?

Ok so the promos are pretty funny. But so far on the mic this guy is pretty boring. And two debuts without a match is putting me to sleep. What they should have done when he had the microphone and a live audience on raw last Monday was to turn the echo on when he finishes his name. faaaaann-daaaang-googoogooogoogoogoogoogoogooo......That would be over the top, yes. Until then, he hasn't moved the crowd much.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Dude chill give him a chance!! We have seen this being done before the whole debut with no debut, but don't hurry with so many storylines starting/ going on pushing him too fast will land the 'E another Tensai

This is a classic example of them giving a guy a seemingly disastrous gimmick and asking him to make it work. So far, I've found him entertaining and he hasn't even stepped foot in the ring yet. I'm actually excited to see what he does with this character in the ring. I know it's only been a couple of promos where he just pronounces his name, but I see potential in Johnny Curtis as a guy who's willing to just go for it. If he's able to make it work they'll allow him to evolve into something more serious. He's being tested as a performer and for me at least, so far so good. I know not everyone feels the same though.

You do know the promos have just been his theme song, the words "fandango" and him saying his name once yeah?

He's actually quite entertained me slightly so far; it's just johnny curtis, but i'm interested to see what his debut will be like. So you are saying he's boring without an echo? Oo You do realize his debut is being held back to pretty much make people look like idiots? Having Striker and Roberts constantly repeat his name is the whole idea behind his promo. Give it a few weeks when he starts doing it to other superstars and it's stupid enough to get over.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Gimmick is mehhh but any bad gimmick can be saved by solid in-ring action.

My vote will wait until I see a couple of his matches.

If he keeps showing up with that hot dancer chick, I'll watch.

I may have found a new favorite Diva.

This guy used to be Johnny Curtis right?

I remember that guy being hilariously charismatic. I would give him a chance before passing any sort of judgement.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.
    ​

Quote Originally Posted by PandaMassacre View Post

I remember that guy being hilariously charismatic. I would give him a chance before passing any sort of judgement.
    He did indeed.

It's easier for the drive by IWC to jump all over him though, than actually give him a chance. You know actually build new talent like they keep asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaMassacre View Post

If anything the dude is dedicated to the and got me to believe that he believes he's Fandango. There's something to be said about that.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

I am still waiting to see if he has changed his in ring style so i will wait before commenting on the complete gimmick.