View Poll Results: Will WWE use Paul Bearer's death in build to Taker/Punk?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 41.67%
  • No

21 58.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal_├čunny View Post
    EDDIES DEAD!!

No, WWE has NEVER done anything without taste before. Remember Guerreros...I mean Mysterios son?

I called that one a "Dominic on a pole" match.
    Katie Vick.

One thing that I think a lot of people are forgetting though is that there would have to be some kind of consent to be able to use Moody in an angle. With people using Lawler's mother and Guerrero as examples, there were people alive that gave consent to use their names and whatnot. For Moody, it's a bit different. His kids would have to give some kind of consent and with it being this close to Wrestlemania, it's doubtful they would.
    That said, they could use this as an angle but in a more subtle way. Just have Punk come out with the urn and cut a promo saying, "Look what I found." Everyone will know what it means but he doesn't have to say anything about Bearer's passing.

Quote Originally Posted by dashkatae View Post
    One thing that I think a lot of people are forgetting though is that there would have to be some kind of consent to be able to use Moody in an angle. With people using Lawler's mother and Guerrero as examples, there were people alive that gave consent to use their names and whatnot. For Moody, it's a bit different. His kids would have to give some kind of consent and with it being this close to Wrestlemania, it's doubtful they would.
    That said, they could use this as an angle but in a more subtle way. Just have Punk come out with the urn and cut a promo saying, "Look what I found." Everyone will know what it means but he doesn't have to say anything about Bearer's passing.

I agree. I just hope they do not say anything, because bringing up Paul's death to gain heat for Punk would be highly disrespectful with or without consent. It could also just be my lack of seeing how this could possibly be right in any kind of light.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

If in involves $$$ Yes, Honeslty I dont think they should.

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Blog Entries
    It's a tough one. If Punk was in a storyline without anyone else, I'd say absolutely no...but since it's Taker...I'd say it's in the realm of a possibility.

I did not read every response to this topic but I just had to log in and give my thoughts on this. If they use this as part of an angle I will lose all respect for CM Punk the undertaker and Vince. Sure they do not know me and could not give a damn how I feel about them. Sure cm punk and taker are playing parts but I don't care there are certain lines you do not cross.

Think about the family of the deceased will they have also approved of this? I am sure this wont happen but I just shutter to think about what if they did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dashkatae View Post
    Not necessarily Paul Barer was a product of the WWE, and thus a creation of Vince McMahon and wouldn't be the 1st time Vince go and mock someone with out consint of the person/persons family....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I really hope they do use his death as part of an angle, but it needs to be done right. I'd have Taker giving a mini eulogy next week on Raw and then have Punk try and interrupt from the ramp. Only for a bolt of lightening to hit the ramp and Taker to just put his fingers to his lips. Then tell him he is going to dedicate his match to Paul. Alternatively substitute Kane walking out and the flames erupting around Punk, instead of the lightening, to silence him and then Taker dedicating the match to Paul.

Paul Bearer would have loved one last storyline. Lets face it, he would of. He was a huge fan of the industry and classic, memorable moments are a big part of that.

Unfortunately I see Smackdown featuring a standard video eulogy.

I can see punk dressing up and mocking taker with paul heymen acting out the role of bearer with him. Stuff along those lines. Nothing just flat out mean and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorn View Post
    I guess another question to ask is would Bill Moody be upset if they used his death to do this. Personally didn't know the man, so have no idea, but these guys do seem to love the spotlight and maybe he would enjoy one last shot to be a part of a wrestling angle.
    It really comes down to his family, if they allow it.