View Poll Results: Will WWE use Paul Bearer's death in build to Taker/Punk?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 41.67%
  • No

21 58.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do you think the WWE will use Paul Bearer's death in the build to Punk/Taker?

I would hope they don't, but Punk's current character is a classless ass. Remember Mae Young on Monday.

Black Ninja!
    I'll be optimistic and say no. Punk is a douche on TV right now, but that's a level of douche even he can't touch, I don't think.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Blog Entries
    No, no and NO. There is NO way in hell 'Taker's going to allow the death of one of his closest friends to be used for cheap heat.

Blog Entries
    Knowing Vince McMahon I would guess he using that as option to start the build of the match..
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I wouldn't be surprised, it happened with Lawler and Cole.

If people took it to heart the argument, as usual, would be how CM Punk is a character and is getting reactions like he should do and of course it's not the personal view of Phil Brooks blah blah

[thinks about midcard]

I guess another question to ask is would Bill Moody be upset if they used his death to do this. Personally didn't know the man, so have no idea, but these guys do seem to love the spotlight and maybe he would enjoy one last shot to be a part of a wrestling angle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorn View Post
    I guess another question to ask is would Bill Moody be upset if they used his death to do this. Personally didn't know the man, so have no idea, but these guys do seem to love the spotlight and maybe he would enjoy one last shot to be a part of a wrestling angle.
    I think the same thing. I remember the heat Orton got using Eddie's death. Now it was classless, but I think Eddie wouldn't have mind. But also, Paul Bearer has been killed so many times on Raw, I don't think it's gonna be a huge issue. He's been buried in cement, chucked off the top of scaffolding, and frozen inside a meat locker.

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletBoi View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, it happened with Lawler and Cole.

If people took it to heart the argument, as usual, would be how CM Punk is a character and is getting reactions like he should do and of course it's not the personal view of Phil Brooks blah blah
    I don't remember either of these passing away?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    He might be referencing Cole bringing up the death of Lawler's mother during their feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Didn't Lawler technically die last year for a bit? Either way, Punk used his heart attack to get more cheap heat, but Lawler was around to give his consent.