Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Hell No + Tag Titles = Wasted Opportunites

I can't help but laugh now at all the people who were carrying on like having Hell No win the belts would be the best thing since sliced bread. What it's mostly going to be remembered for is the amusing vignettes and not the so-called "prestige" and "credibility" and "legitimacy" people were maintaining they would bring to the tag belts.

It's all very apparent now that there is nothing Team Hell No did while holding the belts that couldn't have been pulled off without them. And all the while, the belts might have been better served on Rhodes Scholars or even the Prime Time Players. Instead of trying to use wrestlers to bring value to the belts (which could have been done anyway with Rhodes Scholars) they could actually try using the belts to increase the perceived value of a team (like PTP).

But no, as with most good theories in the wrestling world, this one didn't pan out. The vignettes became a distraction. They were carrying the belts but they could have been carrying kittens for all it mattered. In fact, more people would have paid attention to the kittens.

It's time for Hell No to drop the belts and maybe then, we can get serious about them again.

Blog Entries
    I think the problem with Team Hell No held on to the titles for to long. I think having them win the belts could have been better iff they had dropped the belts at a sooner point. Though I do think it's good for Kane and Bryan because they have stayed relevant while being out of the world title picture.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Blog Entries
    They would have been relevant anyway, thanks to their storyline.

Team Hell No never needed the titles longer than a month. Prime Time Players, Rhodes Scholars, Usos, Primo and Epico, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara, literally ANYBODY ELSE could've benefited immensely just by winning the titles from them.

If The Old Ass Outlaws come back full-time and win the straps, I'm going to puke blood. This ain't TNA.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 03-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    Team Hell No never needed the titles longer than a month. Prime Time Players, Rhodes Scholars, Usos, Primo and Epico, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara, literally ANYBODY ELSE could've benefited immensely just by winning the titles from them.

If The Old Ass Outlaws come back full-time and win the straps, I'm going to puke blood. This ain't TNA.
    Let me see. The New Age Outlaws:

1. Are over as hell.
    2. Can still wrestle.
    3. Can give a rub to one of the "younger" tag teams.

What's the problem exactly?

At first I thought it was a good idea to have them win the gold because I thought eventually these two will learn to work together and become a legit team, but the more times I saw them almost become a united team vs Rhodes Scholars and the Shield the more times I saw them implode almost immediately afterwards. A "dysfunctional" team holding the tag team titles just makes the rest of the tag team division look weak. These guys can't even win against two guys competing against each other.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Let me see. The New Age Outlaws:

1. Are over as hell.
    2. Can still wrestle.
    3. Can give a rub to one of the "younger" tag teams.

What's the problem exactly?
    The problem is that this isn't the f'n Attitude Era.

The Old Ass Outlaws:

1. Take away spotlight from the younger, current guys.
    2. Just because they can still wrestle, that dosen't mean they should.
    3. Like most of the old guys, they go over more than they put over.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 03-06-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Belts are the only thing keeping them together. You'll most likely get your wish at Mania. Just don't know if they'll drop them to a re-united Rhodes Scholars (that mutual break-up nonsense was a joke) or a returning Middle Aged Outlaws (They actually moved way better than I thought they would). Then, expect Kane and Bryan to feud through to Summerslam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHorn View Post
    Belts are the only thing keeping them together. You'll most likely get your wish at Mania. Just don't know if they'll drop them to a re-united Rhodes Scholars (that mutual break-up nonsense was a joke) or a returning Middle Aged Outlaws (They actually moved way better than I thought they would). Then, expect Kane and Bryan to feud through to Summerslam.
    I wasn't really talking about the future, more of a hindsight-nyah-nyah-look-how-right-I-was sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post

If the new age outlaws come back full time ill mark out and start watching WWE again, then all we need is a returning APA
    Israel Pamich
    Number 1 Contender for the RTE Championship
    Fight Night IV
    ​RTE Championship Match
    Alex Wildheart (C) v Israel Pamich

Domination
    Number 1 Contenders for the EWNCW World Tag Team Titles at:
    In Violence We Trust
    EWNCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    Mixed Emotions (C) v Domination