Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's still real to me dammit!
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I don't think it does devalue the roster though. Some people can just straight up ball when the lights are there brightest, while others can not. Like for instance Peyton Manning, one of the best regular season QBs, but terrible in the playoffs. If anything I'd just say that Mania is when Taker performs at his best.
    What's a QB?

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    What's a QB?
    Quarterback. As in the leaders of the offensive line of a football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    It's still real to me dammit!
    I find myself having to say this to people a lot these days - especially when it involves Punk.

xD

I don't think it devalues the current roster. People say that the AE was better, but damn if they don't want them all to job out to a product/time that they consider inferior.

Quite the number of talent went on to have a good deal of success in WWE following at Taker match at Wrestlemania. Orton. Batista. Kane. HHH. Edge.

Losing to Taker doesn't stall any momentum, and adds a pretty good notch to someone's resume.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

The Undertaker prolonged streak is just another example of WWE relying on old part-timers to carry the company. This generation of management has proven unable to create new top stars, and it's fucking pathetic.

Actual main-eventers created since WWE went PG in 2008:

CM Punk
    Sheamus
    Alberto Del Rio

That's it

Not quite it

The Miz
    Wade Barret
    Ryback
    Daniel Bryan
    Dolph Ziggler
    R truth
    John morrison
    Mark Henry

And Im sure Im missing a few out have all appeared in Main events, world championship and WWE heayweight championship matches since 2008 (Im aware a few names have left the company but you did say SINCE 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    effing great....just great

Blog Entries
    Taker doesn't devalue the WWE title, he isn't going after the WWE title. Some things in WWE are bigger than titles anyway. That's why the Rock vs Cena will be talked about much longer than Jericho vs Punk at last years mania.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I don't think it does devalue the roster though. Some people can just straight up ball when the lights are there brightest, while others can not. Like for instance Peyton Manning, one of the best regular season QBs, but terrible in the playoffs. If anything I'd just say that Mania is when Taker performs at his best.
    Peyton Manning is terrible in the playoffs? He has a ring and has appeared at two superbowls. And most of the other years his defense let him down, like last year when an obvious blown coverage cost his team the game.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Value is a very subjective thing. It's whatever we set it to be. So if your opinion is that it does devalue it, I guess in your eyes that's what it is. But know that it's your perception that's responsible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    The Undertaker prolonged streak is just another example of WWE relying on old part-timers to carry the company. This generation of management has proven unable to create new top stars, and it's fucking pathetic.

Actual main-eventers created since WWE went PG in 2008:

CM Punk
    Sheamus
    Alberto Del Rio

That's it.
    It's a two way street. The stars have to have the ability to make themselves just as much as management has to provide them the opportunity. They've provided plenty of talent with the opportunity, but the talent pool just isn't what it used to be. I scratch my head when I see people fawning over guys like Ziggler who are often compared to perennial mid-carders of the past (Billy Gunn and Mr. perfect). They're great at what they do, yes, but they just don't have that "it factor" to carry a show and sell-out all over the world.

WWE is full of great mid-carders, but only a few guys who can really captivate a mass audience. You can't just make someone larger than life. It's something that the greats just possess naturally. Watch the DVD about the 50 greatest finishing moves and listen to Foley talking about watching The Rock come up with the people's elbow. Foley thought it was the stupidest thing he ever saw, and in an empty arena I'm sure it is, but when The Rock (a Superstar who is truly larger than life) does that dumb ass move in a pack arena it captivates the audience. Cena does the same thing with the 5 knuckle shuffle. You know a guy is a "megastar" when he can do such a goofy move and still captivate the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Value is a very subjective thing. It's whatever we set it to be. So if your opinion is that it does devalue it, I guess in your eyes that's what it is. But know that it's your perception that's responsible for that.
    Wow... Those are deep words. Rob

You know where to go when it's about opinions.