Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal Member

old school raw set feel

Just a quick thought, i thought this when they did the other old school raw too

I feel if they kept the same set and everything they used last night would be fantastic, it brings that certain feel to the table when your watching the broadcast, seems a little bit darker if you know what i mean

where as the set they use for raw smackdown ppvs, just makes everything so cartoon feel colourful effect, plus everything just feels the same

I used to love how they had different sets for ppvs years ago, who remembers the swinging hooks for backlash 2000-01 ?

Would you guys love to have that old school raw feel every week or just a once off now and again?
    'When I die it will be in this ring, or on top of a wild woman, i'll go either way'

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    i wanted to see an old attitude era set from 1998 to 2000
    instead we keep getting the old 1993 crap

Blog Entries
    I prefer to have it as a one off. It's just a throwback and something to satisfy the older fans whenever they break it out.
    Of course it's cool and I love the old school look, but I like having it as something to look forward to as something they do for one night only type things.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by mrfunk View Post
    Just a quick thought, i thought this when they did the other old school raw too

I feel if they kept the same set and everything they used last night would be fantastic, it brings that certain feel to the table when your watching the broadcast, seems a little bit darker if you know what i mean

where as the set they use for raw smackdown ppvs, just makes everything so cartoon feel colourful effect, plus everything just feels the same

I used to love how they had different sets for ppvs years ago, who remembers the swinging hooks for backlash 2000-01 ?

Would you guys love to have that old school raw feel every week or just a once off now and again?

Wait, then don't use different sets for PPV's anymore?!? I haven't watched a Wwe PPV since 2005 I think, except for bits and parts of Wrestlemania. I used to love how great the sets were! They were appropriately themed to whatever PPV it was. Too bad!

I can't help it but every time I see those giant "R-A-W" letters, all I can think about is Sabu almost killing himself from the top of them...

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I loved the King of the Ring and Armageddon sets. I say bring back the most memorable sets for special occasions though.

Royal Rumble anniversary at the garden! Nothing beats a Rumble there

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Blog Entries
    I prefer it as a one off thing as something to look forward too. Man did that show kick off things the right way with Taker.

I completely agree. They did a fantastic job of giving it that old school feel. But my friend and I were discussing how real it felt because it was stripped down and not over the top like the sets they use at the moment. You dont want it to be an over the to set because it feels fake, but when its stripped down to railings, matts, no ramp, curtains and an old school titantron with a to the point logo, it had a brilliant feel. I also looked like an older broadcast with CM punk and Undertaker at the end stareing each other down. Props WWE.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder View Post
    Wait, then don't use different sets for PPV's anymore?!? I haven't watched a Wwe PPV since 2005 I think, except for bits and parts of Wrestlemania. I used to love how great the sets were! They were appropriately themed to whatever PPV it was. Too bad!
    Maybe it that the PPV set are so simple??? Like for TLC, they have Ladders Tables and Chairs set up... What make each show the same is the Titan-tron.... Maybe if they would postion it different for each PPV??
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberToothTigerz View Post
    i wanted to see an old attitude era set from 1998 to 2000
    instead we keep getting the old 1993 crap
    Because it's cheaper dingus.