Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123 View Post
    I think most people get that Undertaker is a legend but has he overstayed his welcome?

This will be the third straight Wrestlemania where Taker has worked without working any other time of the year. The matches Taker has worked have been highly entertaining but I have problems with him coming back once a year to bask in the glory of continuing his streak, which if anyone thinks won't be continuing especially when he works only one match a year, is not being realistic (nicest way I could say it). If he lost what would be the point of coming back once a year?

Anyways, he's not coming back to put anyone over and he will be gone for 11 months before coming back again. The guy is a legend but it bothers me for only being a 47 year old that he works such a lax schedule to only come back and put himself over more.

WOW, I bet this didn't go how you expected.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Am i bored of The Undertaker?

sy8nz8.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

I think most people get that Undertaker is a legend but has he overstayed his welcome?

This will be the third straight Wrestlemania where Taker has worked without working any other time of the year. The matches Taker has worked have been highly entertaining but I have problems with him coming back once a year to bask in the glory of continuing his streak, which if anyone thinks won't be continuing especially when he works only one match a year, is not being realistic (nicest way I could say it). If he lost what would be the point of coming back once a year?

Anyways, he's not coming back to put anyone over and he will be gone for 11 months before coming back again. The guy is a legend but it bothers me for only being a 47 year old that he works such a lax schedule to only come back and put himself over more.

Bored?....Nope..

btw
    a few years ago Undertaker wanted the streak to end at the hands of Kurt angle,but Kurt Angle refused..
    And his one match saves The entire PPV...also He's had one of the best matches in The entire Wrestlemania ppv every year..
    EDGE
    SHAWN MICHAELS
    SHAWN MICHAELS
    TRIPLE H
    TRIPLE H
    and now CM PUNK(should've been Jericho)...Punk lost 2 ppv's in a row...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rathin Rao; 03-05-2013 at 11:58 AM.

As long as he can put up high-quality matches (which the last 4 have certainly have been) I'm all for his annual match at Mania. It's part of the spectacle and it's become a major staple of the event each year. Do I wish he popped up during the other 11 months of the year? Definitely. If he was healthy enough, I think a match at Summerlam in these previous 3 years would have been a welcome sight. That would have at least thrown a wrench in the "Show Up 4 Weeks Before Mania and Win and Leave for 11 Months" blueprint that we've grown used to.

All that said, I can't think of a better way for him to have ended his career than last year. Ending it the way they did, HBK, HHH, and Taker all leaving together... at the nice round number of 20-0... it was a perfect way to end it all. That 4 year saga between those 3 guys was some of the best storytelling I've ever watched as a wrestling fan.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Im not bored of the deadman i'm just not caring at all
    I dont care who he faces because we all know he's going to win and keep the streak alive.

Not bored of the Undertaker by any means. He's my all time favorite, even above Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, and Bret Hart. However, I was disappointed with how he was used on last night's Raw. I'm seriously not intrigued by that match with Punk at all. I'm hoping they change that over the next 4 weeks, but right now...eh. Punk vs Undertaker doesn't do much for me...then again, I'm not as high on Punk as everyone else. I think he's boring now and has pretty much run his course. That's just me though.

Blog Entries

Seems that you're getting a lot of heat on this one. To be honest I share your opinion. I am somewhat bored with the Undertaker. I think a lot of the IWC makes these excuses for Undertaker not being in good shape etc. but I'm pretty sure he isn't as banged up as a SCSA or Edge or even Shawn Michaels was. If he doesn't want to wrestle anymore, I'm fine with that, but the coming back once a year and being listed as on a roster just makes no sense to me. It's making the streak a little pointless. We know he wont lose, we know it's just a WM attraction now. There's not even any real story or drama that leads up to his bouts. If he goes with the WM streak thing, we need to see him more during the year. If not, just stay fully retired instead of 11 month vacation retired.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind....

It must be nice sitting in a minority then.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by King Scrapper View Post
    There's not even any real story or drama that leads up to his bouts. If he goes with the WM streak thing, we need to see him more during the year. If not, just stay fully retired instead of 11 month vacation retired.
    Man, if you didn't think there was drama in his past 4 Wrestlemania bouts, I just don't know where you would find drama. Perhaps a Real Housewives show or something. HBK's final match, the tension between Shawn and HHH, Taker needing someone to end the streak, etc. - all just amazingly dramatic and intense. HBK, HHH, and Taker did some of the best in-ring storytelling in history last year at Mania, and the years before were just as amazing. I would argue the Taker vs HHH at 28 with Shawn adding to the plot as referee was 'the most dramatic match I've ever seen.'

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL