Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bored of the Undertaker?

I think most people get that Undertaker is a legend but has he overstayed his welcome?

This will be the third straight Wrestlemania where Taker has worked without working any other time of the year. The matches Taker has worked have been highly entertaining but I have problems with him coming back once a year to bask in the glory of continuing his streak, which if anyone thinks won't be continuing especially when he works only one match a year, is not being realistic (nicest way I could say it). If he lost what would be the point of coming back once a year?

Anyways, he's not coming back to put anyone over and he will be gone for 11 months before coming back again. The guy is a legend but it bothers me for only being a 47 year old that he works such a lax schedule to only come back and put himself over more.

You're not being serious are you? 6/10, nearly had me there for a minute.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    No, just no.

"You know why puppies have wet noses? Because I lick'em!" -Jerry Lawler

Blog Entries
    If you want to call my following rebuttal biased because of my sig, then so be it but I'm leaving my own thoughts into this.

In his 22 year career with the WWE, Undertaker has rarely been about himself. I don't know the guy and I don't know what kind of a person he truly is but with the things that he's done and with the way he's contributed to the company, I doubt he's really been about himself and now that he knows that he's a not necessarily a consistent player, he's more than willing to do what's best for the company and that's building up the streak. That's not to say that he hasn't tried to have it ended a couple of times but guess what? All of the streak ending candidates have turned it dow so you really can't say that he's coming back once year for himself and for the sake of "basking in glory".

I'd love to see him around more but for the shape he's in I'm more than happy to get one 4-5 star match a year from him. As far as putting people over goes, they don't have to beat him to get over. Just wrestling Taker at WM gets a guy over.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Blog Entries
    Undertaker could never overstay his welcome. Just hearing that "gong" sends me into goosebumps. I started watching WWE not long after Taker debuted, so he's one of the few that everytime I see him, I'm brought back to another time, a time of innocence.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down

He's not in any shape to work a full time schedule any more, so asking him or expecting him to do so is stupid.

I'll agree with you in saying that I would like to see him work more during the year though. I do think he's capable of working a schedule akin to that of The Rock, Brock Lesnar or HHH, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him doing so during the next year (although I think it's unlikely that will happen).

However, I can't comprehend why you think that we'd be "bored" of him as you say in the title. And Wrestlemania without the streak would be a big loss. It's just an iconic part of Wrestlemania and has been for years now.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries

The only thing in WWE i am NOT bored of is The Undertaker. He is the only thing that brings a bit of old time glamour into a totally boring and useless roster.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.