Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 96
  1. #61
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,603
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I fail to see why people are putting forth Cena as an option. It's still the case of what purpose does it serve? To get Cena over? Really?

    Also for those who've stated about Cena being the only one and Kane being the only one considered - I believe that the only person the streak was ever offered to was Randy Orton. And he (or someone) turned it down.

    I've said it before - pretty hard to sell streak dvds knowing the whole thing was busted at the end.
    100% accurate here.

    What would ending the streak do for John Cena? Glad you asked. The answer is nothing.
    At least it would serve a purpose to end it if Punk or the like ended it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I'd rather Punk beat UT than Cena
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'd rather Punk beat taker... I'd give Cena better odds if his match were to happen of ending the streak than Punk though.

    I'd rather Punk have been the one to take the streak... The idea of (1) his actions thanks to social media, (2) his "questionable" decision making at times, and (3) the unsure nature of just how long he will remain in the WWE makes me uneasy about Punk going over Taker. It's a Risk/Reward for it, but I honestly see more Risk involved with Punk than Reward at this point. That being said, if Punk was to turn out like a Taker/Jericho who was has remained loyal to the WWE for that time, then the Reward would be justified.

    And Denny - That "uncertain" nature as to who would win against Cena/Taker would sell out Mania alone... People would literally buy into the idea of Taker's streak being gone more than they have in the past 20 years.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  3. #63
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,395
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I'd rather Punk have been the one to take the streak... The idea of (1) his actions thanks to social media, (2) his "questionable" decision making at times, and (3) the unsure nature of just how long he will remain in the WWE makes me uneasy about Punk going over Taker. It's a Risk/Reward for it, but I honestly see more Risk involved with Punk than Reward at this point. That being said, if Punk was to turn out like a Taker/Jericho who was has remained loyal to the WWE for that time, then the Reward would be justified.

    And Denny - That "uncertain" nature as to who would win against Cena/Taker would sell out Mania alone... People would literally buy into the idea of Taker's streak being gone more than they have in the past 20 years.
    To your second point because it's the point I'm going to touch on less, you are correct Cena vs Taker would sell like no other Taker match as of late.

    I do have to agree with your punk point. I think that people tend to forget about Punks actions because they are so in love with his in ring work. He is suppose to be a Punk in character, not in real life, not when they give him so much to do what he does. They have pushed him harder than any other superstar in the pg era arguably, the fact that he still goes on Twitter and tells fans to "drink bleach" scares me. I think everyone forgets that if wwe is in the middle of a pg era, you shouldn't have your champion punching fans or telling them to kill themselves.
    #TeamGeeky


  4. #64
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I understand why Orton was nominated for the rub, but I am glad they pulled out. Giving the streak to someone is thought higher than giving them a title run (even if it's 400+ days) and for them to give it to someone who isn't proven is risking a lot by putting so much faith into them. That's the reason why I think Cena is the only fit; who else would you trust at this point to be the face of the WWE and not fuck it up? I would be comfortable with Punk taking it if he was a better representative of the WWE, but he's not. You are right, Cena doesn't NEED the win; but he is the only one I see worth trusting the WWE Brand in his hands (unless you see someone else with the same amount of charitable character that I don't).


    And honestly, I disagree with the outlook of the Rolex for Taker because he was much more than an employee who lasted a long time. He was/is a father figure to a LOT of those guys in the back. That's why I'd rather see him give the nod to the locker room; his "blessing" so to speak. All he ever wanted was to know those that he taught, trained, and guided would be in good hands once he left. And by giving the nod to the Era/Locker room as a whole, it would be him saying that he knows that everything will be okay when he's gone.
    I highly doubt UT would make that kind of endorsement of the locker room. That's like holding the door open for people to say "blame UT, he gave the nod" if he did so. I'm not advocating the golden handshake the way you are maybe suggesting that I am.

    All this by the by, I don't think they will or want them to end the streak. I'd hate to be wrong but it's possible. (nobody can sig this quote!)


  5. #65
    Black Ninja! HCollins-TNA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    from West Virginia and lived in Virginia
    Posts
    8,838
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just don't see Punk beating the Undertaker.... I feel CM Punk agree to the match only for several reasons... The Pay day, a co-Main Event spot, and to stay in the Main Event scene after-wards...
    What is the use of Undertaker losing a match at Mania now??? The Wrestlemania Streak should stay in place...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I highly doubt UT would make that kind of endorsement of the locker room. That's like holding the door open for people to say "blame UT, he gave the nod" if he did so. I'm not advocating the golden handshake the way you are maybe suggesting that I am.

    All this by the by, I don't think they will or want them to end the streak. I'd hate to be wrong but it's possible. (nobody can sig this quote!)

    While I agree that Taker wouldn't be willing to endorse every member, I feel it to be a discredit to give the rub to one guy since he is looked up as a father figure. "Here's the 'Chosen One' by the Undertaker himself." Now what happens if that one guy, Takers FAVORITE child ends up getting busted for Meth? Or when that one guy turns out to be the next Scott Hall? At least by giving the nod to the whole of the WWE Roster, it leaves room for that ONE athlete to rise out of the crop of those Taker endorsed as opposed to Taker limiting himself to one person who ends up being the next Eddie Guerrero or (worse) Chris Benoit.


    Final note - Taker is THE legend at this point; ending the streak, no matter who it is, will cause a bit of a negative backlash. I look at it like the MITB cash in streak. The only one who could Cash it in and LOSE was Cena. He was the only superstar who could live past it in my mind. At this point, I don't think Punk can live past the last 2-3 years if he takes the Streak. Punk putting that 1 notch on Takers belt will be the death of him in the WWE, in my opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #67
    Taker being undefeated at Mania will be the shinning achievement of his career. It will be the central focus of his retirement and HOF induction, and the WWE isn't going to throw that away for any reason. He'll be the only superstar to ever accomplish this. You have to remember that Taker is VKM's crown jewel of gimmicks. He's created hundreds of gimmicks for wrestlers over the years, but none have been more representative of what VKM's transformed the WWE into over the years. Nobody represents the spectacle, the showmanship, the production values of the WWE better than Taker, and Mania is the show of all shows for them. Taker and Mania go hand in hand as winners for the company.

    Letting him go out undefeated also leaves open the door for him to possibly come back for, "one more match," as everyone loves to chant.
    What's the point if the streak is over?

  8. #68
    To the OP of this topic, no one is bigger then the WWE not Punk, not Cena, not the Rock, not the Undertaker, not even Vincent Kennedy McMahon. If you believe that the WWE had to negotiate with Punk in order for him to drop the WWE Championship is just crazy. If Punk told Vince there is no way I'm dropping the title to the Rock, Vince would've either fired him on the spot or had him job out to somebody before firing him. I don't know where Punk fans get this notion that there is no way CM Punk will play ball because he does just like everybody else. Maybe a little bit less, but he still does.

    As to the topic on hand the Undertaker has stated that he doesn't want to retire with the streak. In fact Vince wants to keep the streak alive more then Taker himself does. I don't see Punk ending the streak, but possibly someone who can be the next face of WWE or the next top heel of WWE. I hope that instead of Cena or Punk ending the streak that we get a young guy to end the streak. Someone in his mid-20s.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!


  9. #69
    Allowing some 'young guy" to end the streak will look very foolish if that young guy turns out to be a bust in the end, or does something foolish to tarnish his name. WWE is a safe company, and the safe play is to never let anyone end the streak.

    Vince created the undertaker. His ego wouldn't allow anyone to end the streak.

  10. #70
    Black Ninja! HCollins-TNA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    from West Virginia and lived in Virginia
    Posts
    8,838
    Blog Entries
    1
    My opinion the streak is there all because of the money it generates...... thus Vince want let it end.... unless for good reason to put someone over... Is there a Reason to really put CM Punk over if he is already over??? I don't see a reason...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.