Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96
  1. #51
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,306
    Blog Entries
    6
    To go out on top, on your own terms not to be sent packing like a dog? I think that's FAR more fitting than any highly unnecessary passing of an era torch. Kind of like getting a steaming dog turd instead of the gold watch at retirement.



  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    To go out on top, on your own terms not to be sent packing like a dog? I think that's FAR more fitting than any highly unnecessary passing of an era torch. Kind of like getting a steaming dog turd instead of the gold watch at retirement.
    Trust me, I am all on board for the Streak remaining in tact... I would have rather it stayed at 20-0 than moved into this year’s Mania (especially since they launched the Streak DVD this past year). However, I think that if they were to allow Punk to break it, they are sealing the Punks fate and saying "You can go no higher in this company" which is a discredit to him if he is planning on being around (even if it's only til '16/'17, which I don't agree with, he has basically done everything he could possibly do within this past 2-3 year span). If that's the case, who do they have behind Punk to give the express rocket up the ass too? Sheamus, Ryback, or Alberto?


    IF (again, I stress this) the Streak is to end, I would rather it be done to push the entire roster of this generation than to have it push just one person further up as to stall his decent for a little while longer. If anything, based upon Taker and his legacy of being a guy to help everyone on the roster, it would be more of a discredit to his character as a person to allow him to just give the nod to one person that people think to be "special" than to give the nod to a locker room he has faith in. But if you feel that Taker is only about the Rolex he "feels he deserves" when time to retire; by all means it's your opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  3. #53
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,455
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Refer to your own sig.
    Again, sorry for not putting a smiley behind all my posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Trust me, I am all on board for the Streak remaining in tact... I would have rather it stayed at 20-0 than moved into this year’s Mania (especially since they launched the Streak DVD this past year). However, I think that if they were to allow Punk to break it, they are sealing the Punks fate and saying "You can go no higher in this company" which is a discredit to him if he is planning on being around (even if it's only til '16/'17, which I don't agree with, he has basically done everything he could possibly do within this past 2-3 year span). If that's the case, who do they have behind Punk to give the express rocket up the ass too? Sheamus, Ryback, or Alberto?


    IF (again, I stress this) the Streak is to end, I would rather it be done to push the entire roster of this generation than to have it push just one person further up as to stall his decent for a little while longer. If anything, based upon Taker and his legacy of being a guy to help everyone on the roster, it would be more of a discredit to his character as a person to allow him to just give the nod to one person that people think to be "special" than to give the nod to a locker room he has faith in. But if you feel that Taker is only about the Rolex he "feels he deserves" when time to retire; by all means it's your opinion.
    How would you book it so that his streak ending would push the entire locker room DRG? (waits for this novel post.)
    #BeJelly


  4. #54
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,306
    Blog Entries
    6
    It's not at all about UT thinking he "deserves" anything but rather what he is rewarded with in the end. If he chooses to let it end, that's down to him. I'm saying Cena is a bad choice because like Punk, why and where to from there? Cena has too many haters (thanks Dennis) for there not to be HUGE amounts of resentment there if he was given the win.

    The very reason Orton was considered was because he was up and coming at the time and the rub would have made sense.



  5. #55
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,455
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It's not at all about UT thinking he "deserves" anything but rather what he is rewarded with in the end. If he chooses to let it end, that's down to him. I'm saying Cena is a bad choice because like Punk, why and where to from there? Cena has too many haters (thanks Dennis) for there not to be HUGE amounts of resentment there if he was given the win.

    The very reason Orton was considered was because he was up and coming at the time and the rub would have made sense.
    I chuckled at this.

    Though you are right Orton should have been the only person in recent memory that could or should have taken that streak. Though even though he lost, I still believe Ortons career was pushed forward because of his feud with Taker during mania season. If I recall correctly wasn't that what first turned him into a heel after evolution? That was a big deal, Orton as a heel turned him into a superstar.
    #BeJelly


  6. #56
    I honestly don't see it happening, but ya never know. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen just because of Taker's health.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    How would you book it so that his streak ending would push the entire locker room DRG? (waits for this novel post.)

    No Novel because I am not a booker, nor have I been involved in the eFeds so I can’t tell you how to book the angle; but how they “sell it” would be the build... John Cena is the representative of this Era. HE is the star that people think of when they think of current wrestling. Taker's streak represents his ability to transcend "Era's" as only a Deadman can. They have met 6 times (as I stated already) and these men are tied. There IS a story already built into this angle, but they would need key ingredients from HHH, HBK, who both already attempted to end the previous Era but failed... Hell, I even think they’d need VKM to pull it off.


    Punk pushed it when he and Cena were cutting promos; John Cena is the guy that the people in the back look up to. He is already built as the Leader of the E Universe, now push him as the Leader of the Locker room. Now that he is built as the guy who Taker once was, he is a representation of not just "Team Cenation" but the entire roster. If they can pull this off (once again, stress) then having Cena go over Taker would be the entire locker room going over... And the fact that Taker allowed it, would be his nod to the fact that he accepts the new generation and is now able to ride off into the sunset without the need of returning.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  8. #58
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,306
    Blog Entries
    6
    I'd rather Punk beat UT than Cena



  9. #59
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,455
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I'd rather Punk beat UT than Cena
    I'd rather Punk beat taker... I'd give Cena better odds if his match were to happen of ending the streak than Punk though.
    #BeJelly


  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It's not at all about UT thinking he "deserves" anything but rather what he is rewarded with in the end. If he chooses to let it end, that's down to him. I'm saying Cena is a bad choice because like Punk, why and where to from there? Cena has too many haters (thanks Dennis) for there not to be HUGE amounts of resentment there if he was given the win.

    The very reason Orton was considered was because he was up and coming at the time and the rub would have made sense.

    I understand why Orton was nominated for the rub, but I am glad they pulled out. Giving the streak to someone is thought higher than giving them a title run (even if it's 400+ days) and for them to give it to someone who isn't proven is risking a lot by putting so much faith into them. That's the reason why I think Cena is the only fit; who else would you trust at this point to be the face of the WWE and not fuck it up? I would be comfortable with Punk taking it if he was a better representative of the WWE, but he's not. You are right, Cena doesn't NEED the win; but he is the only one I see worth trusting the WWE Brand in his hands (unless you see someone else with the same amount of charitable character that I don't).


    And honestly, I disagree with the outlook of the Rolex for Taker because he was much more than an employee who lasted a long time. He was/is a father figure to a LOT of those guys in the back. That's why I'd rather see him give the nod to the locker room; his "blessing" so to speak. All he ever wanted was to know those that he taught, trained, and guided would be in good hands once he left. And by giving the nod to the Era/Locker room as a whole, it would be him saying that he knows that everything will be okay when he's gone.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.