Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    People also have short memories and there are new generations of wrestling fans being made every day. The rub from beating Taker at mania wouldn't last forever, but WWE could relieve the nostalgia of Taker being undefeated at Mania forever. Especially, if they never let anyone else come close to accomplishing it to that degree.

If the streak were to ever end, I believe it needs to be to someone who the WWE feels will be the next biggest heel in the company for years and years to come.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    If the streak were to ever end, I believe it needs to be to someone who the WWE feels will be the next biggest heel in the company for years and years to come.
    Or Face of the company!!!!
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Cena and punk are the Face and Heel of the company and will most likely remain that way for years still. WWE stopped being risk takers with the main business when they became publicly traded. Just don't see them changing that anytime soon.

Blog Entries
    The majority of the time R(ob) I agree with you on your points in the wrestling world. This time however, I have to disagree.

I don't see Punk beating Undertaker at WM this year. In fact, I see John Cena facing Taker at WM30 and winning but I'll save that diatribe for another day. I do agree with the fact that Punk probably wanted something for losing the belt to Rocky, but 'Taker's streak? Really?

Punk definitely has some stroke in WWE but the simple fact is no matter how much stroke he has now, it's not nearly the amount UT has. Maybe perhaps Punk asked for the match with UT as "payment" for losing to Rock. He's never had that honor, much less on the grandest stage of them all. It's no secret UT is done for next year and I bet Punk wanted to face him while he could. Simple as that.

Again, I admire your ability to think outside the box, but I think you may have thought a weeeeee bit too far outside the box

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    The majority of the time R(ob) I agree with you on your points in the wrestling world. This time however, I have to disagree.

I don't see Punk beating Undertaker at WM this year. In fact, I see John Cena facing Taker at WM30 and winning but I'll save that diatribe for another day. I do agree with the fact that Punk probably wanted something for losing the belt to Rocky, but 'Taker's streak? Really?

Punk definitely has some stroke in WWE but the simple fact is no matter how much stroke he has now, it's not nearly the amount UT has. Maybe perhaps Punk asked for the match with UT as "payment" for losing to Rock. He's never had that honor, much less on the grandest stage of them all. It's no secret UT is done for next year and I bet Punk wanted to face him while he could. Simple as that.

Again, I admire your ability to think outside the box, but I think you may have thought a weeeeee bit too far outside the box
    I just don't see Undertaker losing, not even to Cena if it made for next year Wrestlemania.... What will it do to or for Cena??? Nothing...
    Matter of Fact I would like to see Cena lose this year, only to push if him and Taker face off at WM30 he will have 4 loss losing streak and Taker will be 21 and 0....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

If the streak were to end at this point it could go over as Taker overstayed his welcome, and the act of beating him may not seem as significant as it would have a few years ago . Better to leave the "supernatural mystique" of Taker in place, even into retirement.

we all agree that the streak will not and should not be broken. let's just hope they have an awesome match instead of a dirty outcome involving the shield.

I dont care, its going to be great.

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    You think Punk would say no to a CHANCE at undertaker if he were to lose? He would jump at the chance to just wrestle him at Wrestlemania. If HBK and Triple H fail TWICE...
    Triple H has lost 3 times -_-
    The Ballad of Owen Hart: "Which one do I pull? Aaahhhh!"