Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WWE: Good Gimmicks Gone To Waste

Figured this would be a good ongoing topic, especially if it gets few good laughs. In your opinions, what are some past WWE gimmicks that you felt could have actually been good for the company if WWE utilized it better?

Since I'm going first, I'll choose Paul Burchill's Pirate Gimmick:

This one gave me a lot of laughs when I first saw the debut. It was fun, it fit with the times since pirates was extremely popular, courtesy of the Pirates of the Carribean craze, and the guy performing the role was a very good wrestler. It had a ton of potential to do all kinds of backstage, wacky, antiques. Too bad WWE let it die out. I think kids nowadays would love such a gimmick.
    <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">

This is where I post recent videos. This week's video:"
    WWE Summerslam 2014 Preview and Predictions"

Sort of reminds me of Kizarny, in terms of appearance. However that was a gimmick I am glad they left behind! (Kizarny)

Black Ninja!
    Mordecai was awesome...

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Mordecai was awesome...
    When he destroyed Jimmy Yang, Kidman, and Moore I believe, I thought this guy is going to be feuding with Undertaker in no time. Such a waste, even his Kevin Thorn gimmick could have been something.

Muhammad Hassan's gimmick comes to mind.

But when I was younger, I was always a huge Hurricane fan. I thought when he beat The Rock they should have kept his push coming, give him the underdog gimmick. He had the crowd behind him, his promos were well done, and he could tell a story as shown by his rivalry with Jamie Noble. Shame he was never an Intercontinental Champion.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    When he destroyed Jimmy Yang, Kidman, and Moore I believe, I thought this guy is going to be feuding with Undertaker in no time. Such a waste, even his Kevin Thorn gimmick could have been something.
    Yep. That dude had so much potential. It's a shame. He wouldn't have in his Mordecai gimmick been a perfect opponent for taker and an ideal replacement for the supernatural gimmick that is soon to be completely gone from the wwe.

Yep. That dude had so much potential. It's a shame. He wouldn't have in his Mordecai gimmick been a perfect opponent for taker and an ideal replacement for the supernatural gimmick that is soon to be completely gone from the wwe.
    Yea and his entrance was so sick, it gave me the same chills as The Undertaker did. Plus, he was pretty agile as well.

Blog Entries
    I never saw this guy. But hey, they have the awesomely far from appropriately named Conor O'Brien of The Ascension. Which may or may not involve a supernatural theme, I'm not quite sure that's been established absolutely. Appearances can often be deceiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I never saw this guy. But hey, they have the awesomely far from appropriately named Conor O'Brien of The Ascension. Which may or may not involve a supernatural theme, I'm not quite sure that's been established absolutely. Appearances can often be deceiving.
    Is he still doing that gimmick? I haven't watched NXT lately, but I do no his partner was fired.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Is he still doing that gimmick? I haven't watched NXT lately, but I do no his partner was fired.
    Yeah an they really need to change his name because when they say conor o'brien I think of rattan and his quest for cheese during his first NXT run.